• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
im about to watch early south park again, when kenny died for real, and then came back to haunt cartman and we tried the 4th best friend between, tweek, jimmy, timmy and butters

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
anyone else keep getting the

"I AM AN INSTAGRAM BOYFRIEND" commercial that some how is a taco bell commercial. Also them chicken tacos roll suck.

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but once the PC babies know pc principal is their dad they are going to break because he used his power to bang their mother

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
There's been a distinct lack of Butters this season. I know he's had one episode about him and a part in Tegridy Farms but he's been mostly absent.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I get where they were going with the anxiety thing and I don't necessarily disagree. But it makes people with actual anxiety disorders look like assholes without much nuance. But I guess that's South Park for you.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
There's been a distinct lack of Butters this season. I know he's had one episode about him and a part in Tegridy Farms but he's been mostly absent.

43842.jpg

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Weak episode. The PC shit is such a tryhard attempt to not lose the appeal to the alt right watchers.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was great, after being a bit unimpressed recently since the vaping episode, and the instant classic that was. The PC babies were just ridiculous, lol. I was dying at them crying in the submarine, and everything else they did. It also had a lovely, emotionally resonant ending, and I love it when South Park does that, giving the show a bit more depth and nuance that just comedy.

Best season in years, and I've seen every episode of every season since season one. Feels like it's back to hilarious, ridiculous, classic South Park for the first time in forever.

Last edited:

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
I love that it is still "serialized" which I was a fan of, while incorporating their "rant of the week" which made them so consistent in the past.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm sure Trey and Matt really care about that.

Yeah, as long as that base keeps buying their shit i can see them caring. Let's not pretend it's not that way. There's a reason Cartman is the most glorified character in the show and merch, videogames, figures, etc. He sells, especially to the alt right fuckers that love him for representing everything they stand for. I've seen how that kind of people use him to
push their arguments ("the cissy" episode and trans people for example, and lately the black panther shit).

I love the show but i'm just stating that the pc crap was funny for like 3 episodes and then it's just the same thing over and over. PC principal and strong woman's plotlines are dumb af caricatures and just feel like easy jabs to people pushing right now for better representation, gender equality, and to people raising awareness in terms of consent and race issues in america. Weird to push this stuff in this day and age, with everything going on especially in the USA.

Again, weak episode in terms of humor. However the premise and the ending where quite interesting though as a reflection of today's smartphone culture.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cartman is the most glorified character in the show and merch, videogames, figures, etc. .
The hell are you talking about, basically everyone in town has hated him at one time or another. How is being renown as a fat little bitch being "glorified?"

The show "glorifies" Cartman the same way America "glorifies" Trump. Over half of us his hate his guts. Yet the alt-right still sucks on his balls too.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
The hell are you talking about, basically everyone in town has hated him at one time or another. How is being renown as a fat little bitch being "glorified?"

The show "glorifies" Cartman the same way America "glorifies" Trump. Over half of us his hate his guts. Yet the alt-right still sucks on his balls too.

On top of all of that he always gets his comeuppance. Cartman never gets a win and if he does, it's always temporary and gets ripped away from him.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Weak episode. The PC shit is such a tryhard attempt to not lose the appeal to the alt right watchers.
Hahahaha
Yeah, as long as that base keeps buying their shit i can see them caring. Let's not pretend it's not that way. There's a reason Cartman is the most glorified character in the show and merch, videogames, figures, etc. He sells, especially to the alt right fuckers that love him for representing everything they stand for. I've seen how that kind of people use him to
push their arguments ("the cissy" episode and trans people for example, and lately the black panther shit).

I love the show but i'm just stating that the pc crap was funny for like 3 episodes and then it's just the same thing over and over. PC principal and strong woman's plotlines are dumb af caricatures and just feel like easy jabs to people pushing right now for better representation, gender equality, and to people raising awareness in terms of consent and race issues in america. Weird to push this stuff in this day and age, with everything going on especially in the USA.

Again, weak episode in terms of humor. However the premise and the ending where quite interesting though as a reflection of today's smartphone culture.

... oh wait, you're serious? I... do you even know what show you're watching? Or, dare I say, are you actually one of the people they're shaming about this, since you took such offense to it?

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Also, was wondering if this whole Cartman not liking Black Panther thing is going to lead to something or if it's just Cartman being Cartman.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hahahaha

... oh wait, you're serious? I... do you even know what show you're watching? Or, dare I say, are you actually one of the people they're shaming about this, since you took such offense to it?

Lmao any criticism is getting offended now?

Also there's lots of episodes where Cartman doesn't get what he deserves at all, from my memory we have: le petit tourette, the world peace one, buddha boxes, the parents molestation one, etc.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Lmao any criticism is getting offended now?

Also there's lots of episodes where Cartman doesn't get what he deserves at all, from my memory we have: le petit tourette, the world peace one, buddha boxes, the parents molestation one, etc.
It wasn't just criticism and you know it. Saying the PC shit is dumb or tryhard or whatever would probably have been enough, but you were very specific about what you got from it and then elaborated on it further.