• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't just criticism and you know it. Saying the PC shit is dumb or tryhard or whatever would probably have been enough, but you were very specific about what you got from it and then elaborated on it further.

It's called debate and not just saying hollow sentences just for the sake of it. Just so you know, this show is not immune to criticism ;) let's not act like they've been exempt of really dumb stances expressed in some episodes before (like the dolphin one, the man bear pig one, the f word one, etc).

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
God this episode was so on point with the anxiety stuff.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's called debate and not just saying hollow sentences just for the sake of it. Just so you know, this show is not immune to criticism ;) let's not act like they've been exempt of really dumb stances expressed in some episodes before (like the dolphin one, the man bear pig one, the f word one, etc).
The show is not at all immune to criticism and I'm usually pretty honest in calling them out when they've been ignorant about something or misjudged some issue or argued in bad faith. Your criticism about pandering to the alt-right just happened to be completely off-base and objectively wrong.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the opposite mostly. It completely dismisses people with actual mental health issues.
I agree with this. While it's true that most people have at least some anxiety, telling those who have serious mental issues with it to basically man up is pretty messed up.

Also, I have some pretty deep-seated anxiety but I don't obsess over my phone, so I dunno what all that was about. If they were trying to say that people with anxiety retreat to their comfort zone then I guess that makes sense, but the mobile phone is not that for everybody with anxiety.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I agree with this. While it's true that most people have at least some anxiety, telling those who have serious mental issues with it to basically man up is pretty messed up.

Also, I have some pretty deep-seated anxiety but I don't obsess over my phone, so I dunno what all that was about. If they were trying to say that people with anxiety retreat to their comfort zone then I guess that makes sense, but the mobile phone is not that for everybody with anxiety.
The issue is that yes everyone has anxiety. But not everyone has an anxiety disorder like low serotonin levels or other issues.

I take meds that adjust my serotonin levels and it gives me the tools to deal with tgat anxiety in a way normal people naturally can. Without it I often just get completely paralyzed. It doesn't reduce the amount of anxiety either, it just makes it so I can deal.

So fuck that comment from Kyle.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How so? Cartman was surprised to be given an actual diagnosis, only to use it to be a further dick to people.

It was commentary on kneejerk diagnosis of anxiety. Which I agree is a thing. Also people being obnoxious about their anxiety.

But it only painted that part of the picture. I just hope next week there's a bit more nuance.

Also stress and anxiety often goes hand in hand but they're not the same thing.

And what Dark Knight said.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I definitely agree that the episode wasn't nuanced enough. There wasn't enough distinction between anxiety and people with genuine anxiety disorders.
I have encountered both kinds of people and I thought the episode was on point about the former, definitely not the latter

Oct 27, 2017
Already seeing ppl use the anxiety episode as fuel for their "lol anxiety? just get over it" rants so thanks a fucking bunch South Park

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Eh, just don't take anything South Park says about mental disorders seriously. Or really the entire show.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
LZOHgUT.png

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
as a person who has dealt with severe anxiety all my life, i'm not offended even slightly, because i know the people they're making fun of are real. anxiety and ocd are kind of "trendy" right now. like, it's considered cute and quirky by some. it's weird.

Oct 25, 2017
That was depressing....especially after the Canada Post rotating strike that lasted several weeks and people kept complaining about stuff taking longer to ship from places

LOL @ the Amazon USDA Choice joke though

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like message of the show. I like the two parter. Gives the message more air time.
Rather than consume and forget

Even though there's less comedy

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Not super funny but an enjoyable episode. Surprised we're getting a second two parter.

the guy stuck in the box was funny.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
Best idea in the episode was the zombie mall people, lol. Had me dying. Especially the first worker guy.

This season is the best South Park has been in ages. Feels like we're back to the show's best years.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Wow. This bridge conversation. Love how it's come back to play into the #cancelsouthpark hahaha

Edit: Ned survived!