• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
http://www.sc5-vr.com/

Will be releasing initially in Japan arcades etc in Spring followed by home release within this year.

You'll be dancing with Ulala to save Earth from invasion crisis of a mysterious alien "Morolians"

rXmCRQv.png

68ZyyYm.jpg

MfSLQtX.jpg

Last edited:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
up down up down chu chu chu
up down up down down chu chu chu
right right right left down chu chu chu
left left left right now chu chu chu

tumblr_inline_n2yav1Aco61rwmv3n.gif

Stilton Disco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Arrrrgh! I don't want to port beg but I so want to play this and I couldn't as it's not on my VR platform of choice even if this does come to the rest of the world! Hopefully it will be multiplatform at some point down the line though.

Love Space Channel 5, and this looks like it could be an incredible slightly embarrassing party game. Really hope it does well.

zasx

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the first game but without the FMV backgrounds?

Up up chu chu them all!

Oct 31, 2017
Ok Sega, hopefully this is the first of many games you bring to VR , hopefully that will also be PSVR! Also bring Sega Rally, Outrun, etc!

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if Sega is even selling this game. They have a copyright and they promoted it on their Japanese social media for a bit, have some arcade space for it, but otherwise.

Last edited:

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
First Rez in VR

then Space Channel 5 in VR...

Next, Jet Set Radio in VR??

We Dreamcast VR now bois!

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Sega you know what you have to do now, use these assets to remake SC5 part 1, put the OST version of the tracks and add some cool dance moves from part 2.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've said before there would be no game to convince me to buy VR.

I was wrong! I need this. Not to port beg (not that we know if its htc exclusive or not anyways), but I'd buy a psvr for SC5VR.

I already swing my arms or droop my arms depending how im doing in between sections lol

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
Oh hell yes. Always seemed weird that Space Channel 5 skipped the whole "motion gaming" era of the Wii U. Guess Ulala was jus waiting for the right tech to come along.

Border Break port.
New Virtual On.
Rez in VR.
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Shenmue 3 exists.
Sonic Mania.
Space Channel 5 in VR.

Gaming ain't so bad right now!

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
Because it's SEGA and it's a PC title.

Yeah. I can't actually think of any PC game that Sega Japan made that got released out in the West. The only exception being ports from console titles that got a western release (but even then, see Puyo Fever on PC)

So far it's not appealing anway.. How would SC5 benefit from VR? It just uses Dreamcast assets? Is it a new game?

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They had a 6 minutes Space Channel 5 VR Ukiuki viewing show experience in Tokyo Game Show 2016, which might have been a test to gauge for interest back then. Perhaps they have positive receptions so they are fleshing out the tech demo experience into a full fledged game now.

img_viewingshow.png

Here's the promo video of that Space Channel 5 VR experience from TGS2016

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. I can't actually think of any PC game that Sega Japan made that got released out in the West. The only exception being ports from console titles that got a western release (but even then, see Puyo Fever on PC)

So far it's not appealing anway.. How would SC5 benefit from VR? It just uses Dreamcast assets? Is it a new game?

Its a new game. In this game, you play as a newbie reporter, and you will have to dance to the same poses as senior reporter Ulala to defeat the Morolians.

Last edited: