• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Shit I completely forgot Das might be streaming that launch on Kerbal Space Academy's twitch feed.

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017

Elon posted the full landing video on twitter

There was also some circular object floating around a grid fin when it was falling back to Earth.

Last edited:

DammitLloyd

Oct 25, 2017
Why hasn't anyone put the "no time for caution" track over the water landing video yet?

EDIT: I spoke too soon...

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
/r/spacexmasterrace had this knocked up minutes after the landing :)

87k9oaajdi221.jpg

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Those engines are getting quite the soak. I'd love to see them do a grasshopper test or something just to see what that those boosters can really handle but as long as it's been in the water it doesn't seem likely.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it looks like the Crewed Dragon Test is postponed until the 17th Jan. I arrive in Orlando on...17th Jan.

What are the chances this is delayed a few days so I can drag the family along to KSC to see it??

OP
OP
Crispy75

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like the Crewed Dragon Test is postponed until the 17th Jan. I arrive in Orlando on...17th Jan.

What are the chances this is delayed a few days so I can drag the family along to KSC to see it??
Chances of a delay are pretty high, but it could be a day or it could be weeks. When does your flight land? It looks like the launch will be an early afternoon one, if the ISS orbit predictor is right.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chances of a delay are pretty high, but it could be a day or it could be weeks. When does your flight land? It looks like the launch will be an early afternoon one, if the ISS orbit predictor is right.

I'll land around 5pm from London, but with 2 young kids it's goung to be impossible to get there even if it's a late launch.

I'm there for 2 weeks, though, so I'm really hoping for an overlap.

OP
OP
Crispy75

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
With 2 weeks your chances are pretty good I reckon. You should go to the space center anyway - it's a great day out :)

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Soooooo. Today we're in for a treat. Call it our Super Tuesday:

14:10: SpaceX Falcon 9 FT B5 (Expendable) launch, Cape Canaveral SLC 40. Payload: GPS III-2 (SV01, Vespucci)
14:30: Blue Origin New Shepard NS-3 launch, Van Horn Launch Pad. Payload: Various NASA experiments
16:37: Ariane Soyuz VS20 launch, Guiana Space Centre. Payload: CSO-1
01:57: ULA Delta IV Heavy launch, Vandenberg SLC 6. Payload: NROL-71

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Cheers Tempy

Looks like SpaceX have slipped the launch by a tiny amount to cater for high level winds, so it'll be Blue Origin kicking things off :)

Oct 25, 2017
Soooooo. Today we're in for a treat. Call it our Super Tuesday:

14:10: SpaceX Falcon 9 FT B5 (Expendable) launch, Cape Canaveral SLC 40. Payload: GPS III-2 (SV01, Vespucci)
14:30: Blue Origin New Shepard NS-3 launch, Van Horn Launch Pad. Payload: Various NASA experiments
16:37: Ariane Soyuz VS20 launch, Guiana Space Centre. Payload: CSO-1
01:57: ULA Delta IV Heavy launch, Vandenberg SLC 6. Payload: NROL-71
Now you've gone and done it, Dan. You hyped it up too much and they're all folding under the pressure and getting cancelled one by one! :P

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
French Guiana, just north of Brazil.

Launching from France would be... interesting.

Yeah. It's France, even though it's handily close to the equator and well placed for traditional eastward launches and those tricky polar launches.

But it's a Département of France. People who live there have just as much liberté, egalité and fraternité as the rest.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017

Actually surprised they haven't NET'd this till 2019. The 45th Space Wing really doing their thing by not breaking for Christmas...