• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

In the emotional clip, the child, who looks no more than 10 years old, is pushed away from the slide by the other children, upon which his mother comes and takes him to another swing. But the kids eventually walk over to his new location and begin to touch him.

Again, the mother calmly removes her son, except this time, she tragically decides to leave the park all together.

In the video, the other kids can also be heard chanting, MONO, MONO, MONO, MONO

https://face2faceafrica.com/article...y-experiences-racism-on-a-playground-in-spain

Mono means Monkey in Spanish.

Disgusting behaviour. Where are the parents of these hooligans?

Nov 26, 2017
Birmingham
Urgh. So young and calling other children monkey. When I was that young I didn't even know racisn even EXISTED! this is so annoying and the parents should be ashamed.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
"who looks no more than 10 years old"

lol, aging while black.

that kid is no more than 6 or 7.

Kids do that shit without anyone telling them anything. Theyre just brutal.
No, they got it from their parents, tv, family, and friends.

Urgh. So young and calling other children monkey. When I was that young I didn't even know racisn even EXISTED! this is so annoying and the parents should be ashamed.
http://www.newsweek.com/even-babies-discriminate-nurtureshock-excerpt-79233

Try that on for size. :-)

OP
OP
MilesQ

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
You think white children came up with calling black children monkeys just out of the blue? Their parents call blacks monkeys and they're doing the same.

Yup.

We can't get anywhere against this type of behaviour if all we do is look for excuses to let people off the hook for being racist cunts.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
But Pepsi told me racism was dead!?

giphy-1.gif

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
What the fuck is wrong with those kids?.... Actually what the fuck is wrong with their parents?

Fucking hell, when I was growing up most of the kids didn't even know what the fuck race was until they were at least 12-13.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sickening. If I were a parent and saw my child doing that I'd feel deeply disgusted, I can't believe that their parents didn't intervene.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not good at all, parents should be ashamed. I wonder where in Spain this was.

Growing up in Spain this is not behavior I was ever introduced to, we had several dark skinned students/friends as well. Not excusing the behavior, but as a Spaniard this is shocking.

FrequentFlyer

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Even if they did not learn it directly from the parents, the parents would still deserve plenty of flak for a) not intervening and b) not teaching them better.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From my experience racism like this is worryingly common in Spain, even if it doesn't lead to violence or other hate crimes, it's there, you only need to hang out with someone long enough to hear them either make a joke about a POC or laugh at one.

The "mono" thing I've heard it a shitload of times.

I was also target of a racist joke at one point (I'm a white latino)

And that's without mentioning the city I lived in had an unhealthy amount of graffiti swastikas all over it

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
The parents of these kids are absolutely disgusting, and whilst the behavior on show from the kids is abhorrent, please remember these are 4-7 year old kids, who barely/don't know right from wrong, so it'd be nice if people didn't call them "cunts" and "worthless shits"
Honestly, wish there were some way for the parents to be penalized for this, but I'm not sure what legal avenue there would be...

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be surprised if this was in Madrid or Barcelona.

But I'm not surprised if it was in a smaller city where you do find this sort of behaviour.

Seems an accurate label for the kind of behaviour they are engaging in.

No it's not. How is it their fault? You teach kids stupid behaviour and they mimic that. Calling them cunts and everything is just stupid. When it's clearly not their fault. I could understand calling them that if their parents ran over and told them to stop. That would suggest to me the parents are not at fault and they got it off someone else. But the fact their parents didn't do anything suggests they got it off them.

RalchAC

Oct 27, 2017
You think white children came up with calling black children monkeys just out of the blue? Their parents call blacks monkeys and they're doing the same.

Parents that don't give a shit + Telecinco is the perfect recipe for a shithead. 80% of the stuff in this channel is either reality shows and people yelling at each other various shit. Including in kid-friendly timeslots. I've had looked after kids that had no issue saying that their parents or grandparents allowed or directly set that channel to shut them up, and the sort of crap they'd absorbed was absolutely impressive in a bad way.

In any case, you only need one bad apple, so to speak. Once one child starts using a slur, the others will adopt it in a matter of days. That's how it's always been.

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
Sadism exist even with kids, but parents also do play a part. They probably don't deserve the name of parents.

Daschiel

Oct 28, 2017
That so fucked up, stuff like that continues to happen it's sad. Happened when I was a kid if you happen to be mixed too, it''s not exclusive to a color, it happens when you are considered different. I hope the kid is ok. Things like that can really change your point of view of people in general, it did with me.

derder

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
User Warned: Attempted derailment
Can we talk about why there's a person filming a playground from that vantage point

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Absolutely heartbreaking. If this happened to my son I don't know if I could contain myself, I dealt with enough of this shit as a child.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disgusting, hopefully people dont claim maybe its just local slang with no racist background like the H&M thing.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
From my experience racism like this is worryingly common in Spain, even if it doesn't lead to violence or other hate crimes, it's there, you only need to hang out with someone long enough to hear them either make a joke about a POC or laugh at one.

The "mono" thing I've heard it a shitload of times.

I was also target of a racist joke at one point (I'm a white latino)

And that's without mentioning the city I lived in had an unhealthy amount of graffiti swastikas all over it
Sadly, yeah. There's a ton of "I have no problem with coexisting, but I'm sure they can take a a joke" and in this case, a lot of "kids are kids" too.
For certain, those kids need a smacking.
I'd be surprised if this was in Madrid or Barcelona.

But I'm not surprised if it was in a smaller city where you do find this sort of behaviour.
Eeeeeh, I'm not so sure about that. The smaller cities are not any different from bigger ones in my experience, and there's black people everywhere. I can't speak for every region, but I wouldn't say Madrid or Barcelona are especially non-racist compared to other places. If anything, Madrid breeds a kind of facha you don't see anywhere else, and Barcelona has its own chaste of smug, hispterish, racist fucks who are too european for their own good.

Last edited:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Infuriating... I would've been so tempted to bust that kid in the face when they poked him in the head. God, fuck all racists.