• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I would be able to keep my calm like thta if kids started to push and bully my daughter like that. Fuck the parents of those kids.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
The mother showed incredible restraint. Props to her for not taking out her anger on the children. The parents and society are fully to blame.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man my heart breaks for the little kid just trying to play. How can children of all people be so cruel and mean.

Then the poor mother taking the kid out, man.... This is too much for this time of the morning :(

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
That's a goddamn shame. Indeed, this is learned behavior. Good on the mother; I'd have flipped my lid.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Very sad. I'm black Latino and have had nothing but positive experiences in my travels to Spain with locals.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
You want to explain a bit further before making blanket statements about my country?

I've been in your country, I had family who lived in your country, in different decades, late 70's and in the late 2000's, our experience was of a culture that is still racist, towards black people and latinos, we are latinos btw. Obviously not all of the country ant not all the people, but unfortunately they lived in Madrid and they had bad experiences. Anyway, not generalizing and not demonizing your country, just saying racism is still present there.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Racism is present all across the globe, buddy. I'd say Spain is mostly tolerant towards minorities, but obviously there are pieces of shit like in every place in the world

rambis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man my heart breaks for the little kid just trying to play. How can children of all people be so cruel and mean.

Then the poor mother taking the kid out, man.... This is too much for this time of the morning :(

Children can be cruel bastards. Alot of bullying concepts are learned around their age. They learn how to clique up and single "others" out. It starts as simple shit like this on a playground and will get worse if its not nipped in the bud.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Children can be cruel bastards. Alot of bullying concepts are learned around their age. They learn how to clique up and single "others" out. It starts as simple shit like this on a playground and will get worse if its not nipped in the bud.
Part of the reason children can be so cruel is that the empathy centers of our brains don't fully develop until our late teens early twenties.

This is why the bullying problem is so pervasive. Children are basically emotionally handicapped until those ages.

cyress8

Avenger
If this person did not record it we would never even known. Just look at all those kids being taught racism by their parents. They hide their racism within their home and every once in awhile it slips through the cracks.

This is why I shake my head at people downplaying racism in the EU. Its happening alot, you're just not seeing the ones being recorded.

Phone cameras are a blessing for us.

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
if the little bastards do this with a FUCKING Adult besids the abused kid, imagine exposing your son/daughter unmonitored with these wild monkeys every single day, without a care in the world.

I'm from Portugal and can't image a shit like this is going to do to someone when they have to endure it every single day. This article fucked me a little (google translated it)

https://www.dn.pt/sociedade/interior/em-portugal-nao-gostam-de-pessoas-mais-escuras-8878612.html

https://translate.google.com/transl...-pessoas-mais-escuras-8878612.html&edit-text=

Last edited:

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Fuuuuck. Yeah shit like this tells me I can't raise kids in this world. Don't raise your kid to be a shit head. I would've found the mom and dad and wrapped their spines around that slide.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know what to say after watching that. It really just makes me sick. The kid was just trying to play. Fuck!

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
How many of the kids were following along having no idea what they were doing? For that many to be 100% corrupt is VERY disturbing at that age.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've been in your country, I had family who lived in your country, in different decades, late 70's and in the late 2000's, our experience was of a culture that is still racist, towards black people and latinos, we are latinos btw. Obviously not all of the country ant not all the people, but unfortunately they lived in Madrid and they had bad experiences. Anyway, not generalizing and not demonizing your country, just saying racism is still present there.

Sorry about your experience and thanks for sharing, a little more explanation on the front end would be appreciated next time.

I moved to Mexico as a teen and being the white Spaniard in town wasnt the best experience for a few years, Its a shame that in this day and age we havent learned from our past. To bring a bit more balance to this thread, 4 of my sisters are latinas raised in Spain much like this boy and did not have the same bad experience so hopefully this kind of behavior is becoming the minority.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I continue to be impressed with my people in that despite the constant racism we face everyday, subtle or overt, we continue to hold our heads high. With all the shit that we go through, it's amazing that we don't lose our fucking minds.

Some people justify their prejudice on one or 2 "bad experiences" with another person of a different race. If black folks did that, we wouldn't be bothered with anyone.

Oct 27, 2017
Kids can be horribly vicious. I don't know why some adults go "oh they're just playing / they don't know what they're doing / they're just kids being kids" like they don't remember what being a kid was like. Kids can be the worst of bullies and forever ruin your life.

Of course at that age you blame the careless parent more than the little shit.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I continue to be impressed with my people in that despite the constant racism we face everyday, subtle or overt, we continue to hold our heads high. With all the shit that we go through, it's amazing that we don't lose our fucking minds.

Some people justify their prejudice on one or 2 "bad experiences" with another person of a different race. If black folks did that, we wouldn't be bothered with anyone.

Who looks bad in the video? There are a million things that go through my head to retaliate through mouth but what always stops me is the thought that I will look just as bad and uncivilized as the person is.

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Man....where are the parents for those other kids and why are they not so damn embarrassed by what their kids are doing and dragging them off the playground by the ear and asking them wtf is wrong with them.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Parents need to do a better job but I think kids will pick this shit up regardless. Many generations of racism has created this environment, it's picked up through osmosis from what we watch, read and talk about. It's sadly the environment we live in which will take a long fucking time to fix.

Socrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Majority (NOT ALL) of Spanish people are awful, racist with everyone that's not from spain, I've been to madrid and mallorca and was devastated by how they act towards foreigners, i also have heard this from friends that have visited and live there, never going back to that country for sure.

Hyperbole. Most Spaniards are not racist, and it is rude and offensive to suggest that they are.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Heart wrenching video. The kid just wants to play and have fun, and you've got these little monsters deciding to bully him. His mom is incredibly patient and stoic.

D

did you noticed the (NOT ALL) by the way? Reading comprehension is free, use it.
You said majority of Spaniards. That is a hyperbolic generalisation, and it doesn't matter that you added "NOT ALL". That's the same shit Trump did ("and I suppose some of them are fine people").

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
The saddest part in all this is how the mother seems accustomed to this kind of treatment, resigned even.

Fucking terrible.
Notice how none of the little devils have any interest in staying together or even playing anymore after the deed is done.

Victory

Mar 25, 2018
Unfortunately, this is the result of people who think they are superior but in fact, have mannerisms of an inferior creature.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I would have lost it. I would have said touch my kid again and I'll fucking dropkick you across the street in an attempt to get their parents attention. Identify the parent then deal with them.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised by this. A lot of the worst shitheads start young. Got my first "Go back to Africa" in kindergarten and chin-checking racist white kids was my first partime job growing up. I will teach my son the same for situations like this video. We're already working on greenlight signals for defending himself at the playground.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My best friend is Spanish.

When he arrived in my country he used to talk to me like he thought I was a gangster rapper, talked about my dick being being because I'm black and ended every sentence with "motherfuckeeeer" when he was talking to me.

I never said anything, but as the years passed it seems whatever idea he had about what he thought "black people" are pretty much disappeared and he has learned a lot just by reading responses and just being around someone who has dispelled his preconceived ideas.

He has told me that Spanish people tend to joke about race, sexuality, etc whereas we are much more sensitive when it comes to these issues and that he prefers the Spanish way of things as it allows people to speak their minds easier. That doesn't mean he wants to do or say anything to upset anybody, hes on of the nicest people ive ever known, but he's used to being able to say things which are actually hurtful and doesn't seem to realise.

I think there probably is ignorance in Spain, just like there is all over the world.

This particular video however and maybe my friend too, kind of shows the consequence of making prejudice and low level racism a part of every day life.

Also.

What the kids did was bad enough, but the fact that nobody in the middle of a large group of high rise residences or any near by adults felt the need to act or stand up for these people is the real problem for me.

Its the silence of everybody watching that underlines the real issue.

Last edited:

FrequentFlyer

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
I'm not surprised by this. A lot of the worst shitheads start young. Got my first "Go back to Africa" in kindergarten and chin-checking racist white kids was my first partime job growing up. I will teach my son the same for situations like this video. We're already working on greenlight signals for defending himself at the playground.
Did I get the wrong urbandict page, or are you teaching your son to punch other children?

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not good at all, parents should be ashamed. I wonder where in Spain this was.

Growing up in Spain this is not behavior I was ever introduced to, we had several dark skinned students/friends as well. Not excusing the behavior, but as a Spaniard this is shocking.
I went to Madrid and Barcelona had it said to me a few times. Spain is quite bad with racism

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
Literally had to call out one of my classmates for saying the n word an hour ago. As expected he got all uppity with me and asked why he couldn't say it but I can. Sadly there's a lot of ignorance in this country. The only white girl in our group flipped out at our classmate for saying the n word, so there's hope for change.

Oct 31, 2017
I find it hard to believe anyone when they say "oh, my state/country doesn't have racism" especially if they're outside of the groups likely to face racism.

Like, I bet we could go to Texas and find plenty people that'll happily proclaim they've never seen racism there... yeah, right