• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
At least for me, about 30 hours in/Chapter 9, all paralogues and side quests cleared, the map design is blah, the objectives are lame, and goodness, there's literally no challenge to this (one of the "hard missions" took me three turns to clear).
I'm pretty miffed about that, but on the other hand, it's so incredibly well written and engrossing that I swallow the bitter pill anyway.
Game has more challenge on hard mode, thank god for the rewind option since RNG as always plays so much into this.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
So much to celebrate and I mostly see people mentioning their waifus.

Oh don't worry, the game is my goty not only because of that.
The soundtrack is godlike. Story is filled with pretty epic moments (golden deer route by the way).
All characters are great (except Ferdinand, what the hell). It was a long time ago that I felt so immersed in a world and that I cared about characters in a video game.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
The soundtrack is godlike. Story is filled with pretty epic moments (golden deer route by the way).
All characters all great (except Ferdinand, what the hell). It was a long time ago that I felt so immersed in a world and that I cared about characters in a video game.

Ferdie is amazing. I love his character development. He turns into a pretty good human being in the end.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
All characters are great (except Ferdinand, what the hell). It was a long time ago that I felt so immersed in a world and that I cared about characters in a video game.
I agree with you. In comparison with Awakening and Fates, fanservice in 3H is much less - but at the same time I find the characters (and waifus) even cooler.
PS Ferdinand isn't bad at all, I just unlocked A Support between him and Dorothea, and the A support between him and Petra. He really shows another "Ferdinand" behind his appearance.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I agree with you. In comparison with Awakening and Fates, fanservice in 3H is much less - but at the same time I find the characters (and waifus) even cooler.
PS Ferdinand isn't bad at all, I just unlocked A Support between him and Dorothea, and the A support between him and Petra. He really shows another "Ferdinand" behind his appearance.

I cannot compare with the others recent FE...Three Houses is my first Fire Emblem ever. But I must say it makes an excellent job to introduce newbies like me to the serie. (Now all I want is ports of ancient Fire Emblem on the Switch...to see what I missed during all these years)

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when the series almost died before Awakening became a success? I'm so glad this series is doing as well as it is now.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I loved Awakening and Fates for their excesses. Was a dream for min-maxers and team-builders. I hope some of that over-the-top nonsense returns in future games, or even in 3 Houses DLC.

But I'm also loving 3 Houses and I'm glad to see this series break out in such a way. It's been getting more and more popular in the west since Awakening and the series has never been in a better place.

Eclipse

Jan 31, 2018
Germany
Helps that there are also more adults invested in Fire Emblem because it's on the Switch and not solely on handheld platforms like the 3DS.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
First Fire Emblem, and I'm in love. I'm now in the franchise.
After your time with Three Houses, i'd recommend playing the 3ds games if you can to get an idea on how the franchise was able to rise up from the dead. Particularly, Shadows of Valentia, Awakening, or Fates Conquest (fair warning with this one, the gameplay is top notch, but the story is braindead).

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Very happy for the Fire Emblem team, super excited to see what they'll do with the next one, they have some really solid foundations to build on now.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I'm from Barcelona and the game was sold out everywhere last week, even at small shops, it was impossible to get yourself a copy. Word of mouth has been very good and I know many people at work playing the game. Well deserved.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
After your time with Three Houses, i'd recommend playing the 3ds games if you can to get an idea on how the franchise was able to rise up from the dead. Particularly, Shadows of Valentia, Awakening, or Fates Conquest (fair warning with this one, the gameplay is top notch, but the story is braindead).
I will. Thanks!

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Game really shouldn't be for me but I'm balls deep in it, and away from it for the weekend with work and cant stop thinking about it!

Also this is as close to any spoilers I'm going to get.