• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Between Famitsu numbers, this report and Benji's hints it does look like the Mini is not cannibalizing Switch and is at least additive

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't bought LA yet, but this bodes well for those of us who like classic Zelda. More like this Nintendo, please and thanks!

Just with better art design lol

Kanito8a

Apr 18, 2018
Top 10 launch of this year :
  1. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III : 59.000
  2. [NSW] Link's Awakening : 47.500
  3. [PS4] Resident Evil 2 : 33.000
  4. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 : 30.400
  5. [PS4] Days Gone : 26.600
  6. [PS4] Crash Team Racing : 20.600
  7. [NSW] Fire Emblem Three Houses : 19.500
  8. [NSW] New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe : 18.800
  9. [PS4] eFootball PES 2020 : 14.300
  10. [PS4] Sekiro : 14.000
  11. [NSW] Astral Chain : 13.000

Big performance for Japanese games this year in Spain !

Pretty impresive that Nintendo is getting this success in Spain.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Yep, the overall perception of the Switch in Spain is insane, it's like in the Wii days but this time people buy more games besides Wii Sports!

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
First time Links Awakening is released in spanish, I know that was a selling point for some of my friends. Ocarina of time for 3ds also got a big push becuase of that, smae with a link to the past for the GBA. The only untranslated zeldas that are left are zelda 1 and 2.

There were no Links Awakening's nor Dragon quests 11s at mediamarkt this weekend in Spain. Completely dissapeared from shelves.
It also hays it was their day without tax so the nintendo games, that are alreay 10 euros cheaper there than in any other store in Spain (apart from maybe some Carrefours) were 10 euros less from that.

Look at Astral chain and Fire Emblem how well they sold here also.
Anime in spain sells when its translated (though seems it also helps that the fanbase of this type of games is mostly on switch right now, years ago this people were playstation only, so the change has been drastic), too bad Atlus will never get the memo. Tokyo Mirage Sessions is going to fucking bomb. Persona 5 should have sold better. But here we are.

Last edited:

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
Spain is mostly a Playstation country, but Nintendo games are well received here as well.

I also recall Splatoon being a massive hit when it released.

Glad to see these numbers for LA

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Niche game so the return on investment would be low. They translated it in French this time tho but that market is bigger.

The problem is that Nintendo isn't going to have a full period of releases from December, only Tokyo Mirage and Animal Crossing announced for the moment.
And with the success of Three Houses could be a good moment to spend some money on translations and marketing, even if they have low profits with the game.

Probably the TWEWY test was a failure and they don't want to repeat it.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally a reason to feel proud of my country. Also, very happy with those Astral Chain numbers :)

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
In Spain I have always had the perception that there are many Zelda fans compared to Mario fans.