• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2019/05/spanish...-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory-for-switch

OH SHIT! Hope this is true! :D

The pages have since been removed but do still have the placeholder box:

166158.png

V-Jump DOES has Digimon news teased which is out on May 21st Gematsu says, so... Hopefully!

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
It would be nice if they got vanilla Cyber Sleuth too, since both stories happen alongside each other (and some characters are better introduced in CS).

But it's been delisted from PSN for a while, so who knows what's going on with it.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Don't sleep on this game folks. It's kind of like Pokémon meets Persona.

(I'm assuming they're going to be releasing both games, because Hacker's Memory kind of depends on the original for context)

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice if they got vanilla Cyber Sleuth too, since both stories happen alongside each other (and some characters are better introduced in CS).

But it's been delisted from PSN for a while, so who knows what's going on with it.

And you can import your save for bonuses in Hacker's Memory.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Japanese Hacker's Memory included the original game (with all of the new Digimon added). I hope they do this on Switch.

I also hope they add even more new content to justify me double dipping, otherwise I'll have to pass.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
A real hidden gem of the generation that more should play (presuming the original is re-released too). Super addictive and very easy to pick up and play in short bursts for those who find long rpgs a bit daunting.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be weird if this comes to Switch but the first one doesn't. Hopefully they do a bundle or something.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They have to release the first game, Hacker's Memory is more like a side story from the main game

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Loved that game and strongly recommend anyone on the fence about it. I might even double dip if they add some stuff.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
Ooo, I would be interested in this. I have the original in my backlog on the PS4, but having this on the Switch would be great.

Oct 29, 2017
If anyone is reading and likes either Persona or Pokémon then this is a must. Won't necessarily argue it's better than either but it's s really fun game and having really deep evolution mechanics is a great strong point.

In fact there are a number of things I prefer in this to the mainline Pokémon games so definitely worth a look in that regard.

Will be happy that more people get to experience this. I'll probably buy it again.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be nice since I haven't played HM yet (beat CS ages ago though).

Hopefully it's true.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
Just Hacker's Memory would be a really strange decision. The game relies really heavily on tying into Cyber Sleuth. A bundle would be an amazing deal though.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
How large was the filesize of the PS4 version that came with both games in Japan compared to the western release that only had Hacker's Memory? I would think the size wouldn't be much higher since both would share many assets no?

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on only getting the inferior side story. Bamco is a trip if they only release this one. It was sooo boring.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
If anyone is reading and likes either Persona or Pokémon then this is a must. Won't necessarily argue it's better than either but it's s really fun game and having really deep evolution mechanics is a great strong point.

In fact there are a number of things I prefer in this to the mainline Pokémon games so definitely worth a look in that regard.

Will be happy that more people get to experience this. I'll probably buy it again.
Personally I'm a fan of Pokémon and Persona and Cyber Sleuth was boring for me, but hey, everyone can have an opinion and more games are always better.

Nov 14, 2017
I really hope this includes the OG game. I have it on PS4 but haven't touched it yet, and I'm kind of sad now that I missed out on the DLC after it as delisted from PSN. A Switch port of both games + DLC would be rad.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I'll say this, Cyber is closer to SMT than Persona, if only because it does not have any type of social link aspect. Think of it as a dungeon crawler that is light on story.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect this level of work for a port, but it sure would be nice if they'd add a female protagonist option like CS had.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
That would be weird considering the PS4 cover has a "Only on PlayStation" label (at least on the German cover). Did something similar happen in the past where a game with such a label was released on a different platform?

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
That's true man, shame you didn't enjoy it. What was it about it that you didn't like?
Exploration and story The combat was not bad but the capture and evolution system seemed confusing.

I could not with the "We are hackers and the Digimon are programs that we use for it" approach. I can not take it seriously with an Agumon. I've seen Agumon constipated in the anime, you can not tell me it's a hacking program.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Ports of games that have already been on another handheld don't excite me even a little bit.

But the game's so good. Great opportunity to folks missed it on other platforms. Here's a little hint: Never forget giving your Digifarm Digimon to craft new items. Save and quit when one minute left, finish it again and again until you get a good item.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
Exploration and story The combat was not bad but the capture and evolution system seemed confusing.
Coming from Pokemon specifically to try and get something different, the evolution system was actually the biggest thing that made the game fun for me. It turned the act of evolving from a linear progression to its own exploration of skill trees, which I found fascinating. It took a while for it to settle in my mind, but when it did it was damn fun.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
That would be weird considering the PS4 cover has a "Only on PlayStation" label (at least on the German cover). Did something similar happen in the past where a game with such a label was released on a different platform?

There's going to be multiple examples, no doubt, but the first that sprung to mind:

xVaEHn9.png

zzMwMQr.png

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I once bought a used vita to play this game, but then actually holding the device was so bad i returned it to gamestop.
Would be really nice for them to release it on Switch.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
If this includes the original Cyber Sleuth, I might bite.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
I figured it was only a matter of time. This combined with Digimon Survive will make me very happy.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
That label is put on anything that is only releasing on PlayStation platforms at the time of release and that doesn't have a planned release for other platforms at that time. There's no partnership deal related to it as far as I'm aware.

As well as FF X/X-2 HD as stated, Disgaea 5 and the Yakuza games also had that on their cover and were later ported to other platforms.