• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo Switch software sales are notably ahead of Nintendo 3DS first year, in terms of hardware units they are practically tied.

Nintendo Switch is performing like a home console software wise.

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
Sure it is, i live in Italy and a lot of people are complaning about the missing localization of some games, Persona 5 and the Yakuza series for example, without counting cRPGs like Torment or DivinityOS2, the first Divinity has a fan made localization in italian and they are working on DOS2 too.

Spain, and Italy?, has all the TV dubbed, so localization its very important. In Portugal the TV its not dubbed (thanks lord) with exception of some Kids programs and almost every major Kid movie. Here the localization, although being a major selling point to Sony implementation, its not a option that everyone use, its normal to some people prefer the original language to Portuguese. Currently I am playing Yakuza 0, and its not a problem to read the English subtitles. I think that being on Japanese brings more fun to the game (I don't understand on word of Japanese).
As I said before, Persona 5 went sold out on launch, the restocks never came, or came to late, and people went digital.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Spain, and Italy?, has all the TV dubbed, so localization its very important. In Portugal the TV its not dubbed (thanks lord) with exception of some Kids programs and almost every major Kid movie. Here the localization, although being a major selling point to Sony implementation, its not a option that everyone use, its normal to some people prefer the original language to Portuguese. Currently I am playing Yakuza 0, and its not a problem to read the English subtitles. I think that being on Japanese brings more fun to the game (I don't understand on word of Japanese).
As I said before, Persona 5 went sold out on launch, the restocks never came, or came to late, and people went digital.
Do they not offer brazilian portuguese or people there hate the accent?
Nintendo Switch software sales are notably ahead of Nintendo 3DS first year, in terms of hardware units they are practically tied.

That is what is the most impressing thing abou the Switch, selling HW like a handheld but SW like a console shows they were right in making a hybrid.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Ew. It's funny, I had no problem playing english only games up until the 360 days (I want to say games taught me english) but I've got spoiled and I can't stand an unlocalized game :P

It's easier decision when you live in small language market like myself lol (Finland). If you don't play unlocalized games you pretty much don't game at all lol. Only Sony localizes their games to finnish.

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
Do they not offer brazilian portuguese or people there hate the accent?

This its funny, and stupid from Sony, if we buy the game digitally on US/Canada store, the game have the Brazilian Portuguese dub/legends, but in Portuguese/European store the Brazilian is not available, even if the game don't have Portuguese (from Portugal) available. Hate the accent is a bit strong, we don't hate, we watch (not my case I prefer playing) Brazilian Soap Operas (Novelas) all the time, but there is a great majority of People that between English/Brazilian Portuguese chose the first. As I said before a good number of People chose English over Portuguese, these number is higher if the option is Brazilian Portuguese.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portuguese people are great at understanding English, we prefer to play and watch everything in English than our own language.

Every Sony game has a PT-PT option and they are not popular across my friends and most people I know.

We don't hate PT-BR, there are alot of Brazilian people in our country and we receive them with open arms, most are great people and their accent is actually pretty cool in my opinion.

Kids movies and programs like Disney Channel are always dubbed and all presented in PT-PT.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Spain is hardly a small market. If Xbox's 4% marketshare is even remotely representative of the greater EU landscape (and presumably well below 360's performance), no wonder Microsoft are approaching the future with a radically different plan.

This is where the focus on NPD (and to a lesser degree the UK) really distorts the worldwide picture for retailers and publishers. It reminds me of the old days when systems like the PC Engine only had a market in Japan.

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017
Those Destiny 2 numbers seem quite disappointing.

Digital sales aren't included here, but even when you factor in a 50% attach rate (which I doubt is the case in Spain), it wouldn't have made the top 10.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Keep in mind 3DS lack of inicial library and a expansive hardware.

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Crash Bandicoot is probably the only plattformer (beside Mario) that can sell AAA Numbers. Crazy