• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Cumulative retail sales data as of week 48, 2018 for the following titles:

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Let's Go, Eevee! (Nintendo Switch) - 99,500

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! (Nintendo Switch) - 50,000
Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! (Nintendo Switch) - 28,000
Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! + Poké Ball Plus (Nintendo Switch) - 15,000
Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! + Poké Ball Plus (Nintendo Switch) - 6,500

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (ALL) - 27,900

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (PlayStation 4) - 26,000
Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (Xbox One) - 1,900

Fortnite: Deep Freeze Bundle (ALL) - 27,700

Fortnite: Deep Freeze Bundle (PlayStation 4) - 20,000
Fortnite: Deep Freeze Bundle (Nintendo Switch) - 6,500
Fortnite: Deep Freeze Bundle (Xbox One) - 1,200

Battlefield V (ALL) - 16,000

Battlefield V (PlayStation 4) - 14,000
Battlefield V (Xbox One) - 2,000

Darksiders III (ALL) - 2,535

Darksiders III (PlayStation 4) - 2,165
Darksiders III (Xbox One) - 370

Hitman 2 (ALL) -1,835

Hitman 2 (PlayStation 4) - 1,670
Hitman 2 (Xbox One) - 165

Source: Hobby Consolas January 2019 No 330

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Given that the Microsoft event was held in Mexico, I assumed they had a stronger fanbase there. But so many of these 3rd party games are at a 90% disparity favoring the PS4.

Edit: Oops.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite: Deep Freeze Bundle, a physical version of a free game that it is just a download code with some premium content comfortably outsells the big Electronic Arts AAA holiday title, that says it all.

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy on PlayStation 4 debuted in its first 3 weeks selling a third of Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy, said that it is not a bad performance, just that Crash was, er, insane (no pun intended).

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
For the spanish folks here, I know the disparity between xbox one and ps4 there is huge, but what was the situation like during the 360 gen? I believe the ps3 still sold more but it was a lot closer right?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Switch version of Fortnite selling more than Xbox, did it already pass Xbox in terms of hardware numbers?

STech

Sep 24, 2018
For the spanish folks here, I know the disparity between xbox one and ps4 there is huge, but what was the situation like during the 360 gen? I believe the ps3 still sold more but it was a lot closer right?

Similar, maybe better for xbox but not even closer to parity.

EU has always been very reluctant to xbox brand and trully faithful to Playstation and Nintendo.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
But Microsoft is poised to dominate next Gen!(say people that ignore Europe and every other market outside of the USA and UK)

Its still so hard to understand for people that only Nintendo can rival Sony in Europe and people here will never accept Xbox as long as Sony on THEIR OWN isn't throwing shit at us.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Similar, maybe better for xbox but not even closer to parity.

EU has always been very reluctant to xbox brand and trully faithful to Playstation and Nintendo.
Excluding the UK right? I heard last gen 360 did very well in france too, not market leader but still relevant, as opposed to now where they're very irrelevant in a lot of places.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia

While 360 was a harder contender, I'd say there was parity, or close to it, between PS3 and Wii, but Xbox never get to really appeal the general user around here when considering buying a console. Which is sad, since most of those players will just get the console for FIFA and Call of Duty… But well, the general thought here when talking about a console is «la plei».

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Excluding the UK right? I heard last gen 360 did very well in france too, not market leader but still relevant, as opposed to now where they're very irrelevant in a lot of places.

Hardware ratio was PlayStation 3 70% / Xbox 360 30%, while software ratio was even slighlty bigger than that in favor of PlayStation 3.