• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Cumulative sales data as of week 49, 2017 for the following titles:

New Releases: (Week 46 - 49, 2017)

Star Wars Battlefront II (ALL) - 34,058

Star Wars Battlefront II (PlayStation 4) - 27,605
Star Wars Battlefront II (Xbox One) - 3,752
Star Wars Battlefront II (PC) - 2,701

Need for Speed: Payback (ALL) - 16,102

Need for Speed: Payback (PlayStation 4) - 14,245
Need for Speed: Payback (Xbox One) - 1,060
Need for Speed: Payback (PC) - 797

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch) - 15,094

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (ALL) - 6,767

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (PlayStation 4) - 5,003
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (Nintendo Switch) - 1,267
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (Xbox One) - 497

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Nintendo Switch) - 6,423

L.A. Noire (ALL) - 3,752

L.A. Noire (Nintendo Switch) - 1,840
L.A. Noire (PlayStation 4) - 1,631
L.A. Noire (Xbox One) - 281

DOOM (Nintendo Switch) - 3,528

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (PlayStation 4) - 2,655

DOOM VFR (ALL) - 1,030

Old titles:

FIFA 18 (ALL) - 516,908
Call of Duty: WWII (ALL) - 274,601
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PlayStation 4) - 237,359
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PlayStation 4) - 114,715

Source: Hobby Consolas

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Heh, looks like a pretty good debut for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, if it can nearly outsell Need 4 Speed. Wish they'd shared some data for XCX and XC1 to use as comparison.

Seeing LA Noire selling more on Switch, albeit by a few units (and retail only) is surprising... especially with the space shenanigans.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
LA noire sold better in Switch?
Should I be surprised? Becuase I am

Also that's seems pretty good for Xenoblade

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Star Wars numbers looks low, aren't they?

Great numbers for XenoBlade!

EDIT: La noire Switch > La noire PS4 ?

Last edited:

Kainé

Oct 26, 2017
Heh, looks like a pretty good debut for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, if it can nearly outsell Need 4 Speed. Wish they'd shared some data for XCX and XC1 to use as comparison.

Seeing LA Noire selling more on Switch, albeit by a few units (and retail only) is surprising... especially with the space shenanigans.
Yep, for a JRPG it's pretty good.

Nier automata was about 6000 on PS4 I think. And Berseria around 3000 so 15k for xenoblade 2 it's damn good.

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 had an excellent launch, normal SKU (10,023) Limited Edition (5,071).

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Hmm, interesting numbers for Switch software too. XBC2 selling on par with NFS would suggest a really good performance for the former, even if the latter probably underperformed, right?

Skyrim and XBC2 also sold on par or better compared to UK, which is quite good for a region where probably fewer Switch units have been sold (iirc). Funny to see that Skyrim Switch outsold Skyrim VR by over 2 times in Spain, while in UK Skyrim VR sold better. Seems like a very different market for Switch, at least from this data point (and the next one discussed below).

Edit: Forgot to take into account that these aren't just first week numbers, so the analysis above is not quite on point.

And LA Noire Switch being the top sku in physical sales is a really good result, a more pronounced success than what we saw already in the UK.

Those are great numbers for Xenoblade, I think it did the same in UK.
Probably even a 1,000 units or so better, even. Edit: but that is comparing 1 week of UK sales vs. 2 weeks of Spanish sales.

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised of the Xeno numbers, feeling proud of us for once. Also, damn those fifa numbers. You can probably make an assumption that those are nearly the amount of consoles in Spain.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

I continue to believe that storage space is not really a problem for the general consumers, who are probably used to expanding their phone's storage with an SD card as well. I really don't feel it'll influence the decision to buy a game all that much.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow CoD sold like 8/9x as much as Battlefront 2...

Curb-stomped isn't even enough to describe it...

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I continue to believe that storage space is not really a problem for the general consumers, who are probably used to expanding their phone's storage with an SD card as well. I really don't feel it'll influence the decision to buy a game all that much.

It might however influence the digital ratio.

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
La Noire selling more on Switch and Lego selling more on PS4? Cool
Edit: also are those FW numbers for both Doom and Skyrim Switch?
Edit 2: nvm, I get it now.

Last edited:

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Wait, the number for NFS doesn't include the first week, does it? Week 46 starts after NFS' launch.

You mean in a positive way? Because there's less reason imo to get it physically when you have to download sizeable amounts of data anyway for titles like LA Noire.

Just to add a bit more of context, Hobby consolas is very biased towards Sony.
But these are sales numbers? I don't see in what way we should be cautious with Hobby Consolas' bias.

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the number for NFS doesn't include the first week, does it? Week 46 starts after NFS' launch.

All these numbers are cumulative sales data as of week 49, 2017.

Week 45, 2017 sales for Need for Speed: Payback are included. I mistakenly added as a new release because I though it was released in week 46, 2017. DOOM on Switch was also released in week 45, 2017.

Last edited:

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
All these numbers are cumulative sales data as of week 49, 2017.

Week 45, 2017 sales for Need for Speed: Payback are included. I mistakenly added as a new release because I though it was released in week 46, 2017.
I see, thanks for clarifying! Yeah, that must be a great result for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, selling the same as Need For Speed while the latter had 3 extra weeks, too.

Yes that's what I meant. The same applies for Doom.
I see. I would say that DOOM probably had this effect to a lesser degree, since it contains the whole single player campaign on the cartridge, so only those who want to get into multiplayer will be affected by this phenomenon.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo Switch) - 15,094

XC2 did super fine, Monolith and Nintendo surely are happy with those sales. It's a niche game but those are good sales even on absolute terms.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (ALL) - 6,767

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (PlayStation 4) - 5,003
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (Nintendo Switch) - 1,267
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (Xbox One) - 497

NS > X1 is something that I expect WW too, LEGO has always sold very well on Nintendo systems.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Nintendo Switch) - 6,423

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (PlayStation 4) - 2,655

DOOM (Nintendo Switch) - 3,528

DOOM VFR (ALL) - 1,030

Bethesda is probably happy with both VR and Switch.

L.A. Noire (ALL) - 3,752
L.A. Noire (Nintendo Switch) - 1,840
L.A. Noire (PlayStation 4) - 1,631
L.A. Noire (Xbox One) - 281

Switch being the best selling SKU is surprising. I don't know if it's the same WW but on social medias I see ads for the Switch version, nothing for PS4 and X1.

I think that for a huge majority of the Switch owners an SD card is a must buy, I don't think it has much influence. The eShop seems to be a good place to be now judging by the success of many games released in the past few months.

Not having a proprietary format was a perfect move.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
I see, thanks for clarifying! Yeah, that must be a great result for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, selling the same as Need For Speed while the latter had 3 extra weeks, too.

I see. I would say that DOOM probably had this effect to a lesser degree, since it contains the whole single player campaign on the cartridge, so only those who want to get into multiplayer will be affected by this phenomenon.

Not true regarding DOOM. I have the physical copy and I pretty much had to download the 7.7 GB MP (I assume it's the MP) with an update.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I wonder how it did in France and Germany? Possible 100k+ debut in Europe?? Seems possible?
I think so, France and Germany are good markets for Nintendo (because they are bigger than Spain, and more pro Nintendo), Xenoblade X sold a bit more than 40k in less than 2 weeks in France, and in Germany it was top 10 in the month). I think maybe 150k+ in the full month.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Good for XC2. Hope it sells 1 million eventually.

Actually good all-around for Switch. Spain is a much better market than the UK for Nintendo.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Uncharted The Lost Legacy selling about half of UC4 is a good result imo. Being a DLC-turned-full-game puts you at a disadvantage, and it endeavoured to replace the popular Nathan Drake with two characters who obviously were less prominent in the series. Would love to see more UC games with this concept!

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I think so, France and Germany are good markets for Nintendo (because they are bigger than Spain, and more pro Nintendo), Xenoblade X sold a bit more than 40k in less than 2 weeks in France, and in Germany it was top 10 in the month). I think maybe 150k+ in the full month.

To give you an idea, XC2 has probably sold its initial shipment in France given the fact that it's out of stock in some of the biggest retailers (Amazon, Fnac...). >40k seems possible.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
To give you an idea, XC2 has probably sold its initial shipment in France given the fact that it's out of stock in some of the biggest retailers (Amazon, Fnac...). >40k seems possible.
Thats great, so more sales soon when there is stock then.
Does someone know how do nintendo shipped work? https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html
It's per fiscal year (I think Xenoblade can reach 1 million? Or per quarter (I don't think it will reach a million)?
Thanks!

Edit: Typo