• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yes. Glad this is becoming an issue Dems are more open talking about. DC seems like a harder lift than Puerto Rico, but I'd love to seem them both pulled up.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
LOL so why were there some on the left who hate her that they would rally behind whatshisface who was on her right?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL so why were there some on the left who hate her that they would rally behind whatshisface who was on her right?
Two reasons

a) people who's entire worldview and identity is so tied into anti-establishment sentiment that they'll yell at whoever the boss is regardless of who the new boss would be
b) the left/right spectrum is really 2+ "left<->right" spectrums covering economic issues, social issues, etc. and many on the "left" economically... aren't so "left" on other issues

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Certain posters? Its likely majority of the posters who hate on Pelosi just fall for disinformation campaigns.

If you guys are going to insinuate all the time, you should just be more direct, kind of annoying.
Why do people have to tip-toe around others being easily misinformed and/or stupid? If you believe in a position, it is your responsibility to make sure what you believe in to be factual. People stating that Pelosi was a centrist, could have easily found the information they needed to see that their beliefs were incorrect. There were people hating on her that couldn't even formulate why they held those feelings.

Her voting record is public, so where does being misinformed stop and being wilfully ignorant begin?

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Lets make DC a state and combine the Dakotas into one state so we can keep it at 50.

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people have to tip-toe around others being easily misinformed and/or stupid? If you believe in a position, it is your responsibility to make sure what you believe in to be factual. People stating that Pelosi was a centrist, could have easily found the information they needed to see that their beliefs were incorrect. There were people hating on her that couldn't even formulate why they held those feelings.

Her voting record is public, so where does being misinformed stop and being wilfully ignorant begin?

I replied to his post because of the insinuation that people who fell for disinformation campaigns are likely just sexist.

Like the vast majority of people have access to information in an instant, yet so many of them are uninformed and that's partly because many of them cant discern disinformation from facts while latching on to disinformation hard due to biases.

I am not saying one cant criticize or mock others for (seemingly willingly) falling for propaganda, especially when a discussion has already been a thing. I dislike that many on the side of progressivism fall for disinformation campaigns and start calling people who arent centrists, centrist just because they are more to the right of them specifically.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
God I want this so badly. Both DC and Puerto Rico.

Does anyone know what would happen to Puerto Rico's debt if they obtained statehood?

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
I'm just excited to see which politician will argue not to do it in favor of 50 being a "better" number than 51. You know it's coming.

nomis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FYI statehood for DC and Puerto Rico should be the absolute bare minimum you should expect out of your representatives. it's absolutely criminal that these people do not have full rights, and supporting them should be the "purity test" for whether or not you're an asshole, not whether or not you're worthy of praise

go ahead and celebrate, but until it actually happens, this is all optics. i surely am grateful that pelosi has taken this step, and that it's a sign of things to come for her

that said, sarcastically calling her a centrist shill is just condescension to people who rightfully demand a core critique of capitalism and profit industries that have zero justification to exist, like health insurance, from their politicians

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
Not going anywhere in the current climate but absolutely needs to be an issue pressed when the people to get it done are in office. PR also.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Puerto Rico too. Both places have been treated like garbage by the US since they were founded/taken.

Shit, do Puerto Rico first. Probably the one with the more chance actually as the GOP is (in theory) for it as well. Not to mention they voted for it multiple times. Plus, shit is dire over there and becoming a state would really help.

Even if it don't pass the Senate (and it probably won't), it'll start a serious discussion about it as an issue.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
I do love it though. This is basically their political campaign for 2020. You want a functional government run by adults doing great things? We can give that to you if you give us the Senate!

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
Statehood for DC and Puerto Rico, eliminate Electoral College, pack the Supreme Court, throw Trump in the ocean. Work from there to never allow GOP control again.