• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to the panic ridden, terrified Tweets in an hour or so from now. :D

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was 6 months really the max? I thought that was jus the upper range the SCO was recommending and that the courts could de die on more if they wanted.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Are any crimes or potential prosecutions for any of that mentioned in the documents filed by Mueller or anyone else?

Nope, not at all. Of course, his guilty plea was back in late 2017, and quite a lot has happened/been looked into since then. Also, there is quite a bit of redacted stuff in that document. So, it's POSSIBLE that he's guilty of other stuff (and in my opinion, likely), but anything beyond the guilty plea, I think, is pure speculation, because we just don't know.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I dunno...

- The plot to kidnap a US citizen on behalf of a foreign regime known for human rights violations and suppression of dissidents
- Acting as a foreign agent of influence while advising the government on its policy positions

And that's just what we know about... that all goes from the assumption that he was just taking foreign PR and feeding it to a US audience; I would bet that a proper counter-intelligence investigation would turn up communications that go the other way as well, namely him feeding sensitive information to his paymasters.

We also don't know the full extent of his harebrained scheme to build nuclear reactors with Saudi and Russian investors across the Middle-East once those pesky sanctions on Russia were lifted as planned.

Flynn is incredibly dirty and the fact that Mueller goes so lenient on him must mean that whoever he rolled on must be even dirtier.
Yup, Flynn was caught up in a similar type of shit with Turkey as Manafort was with Ukraine.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Obviously not, the whole point of this thread is that he made a plea deal with the government so they could focus on other suspects.

Your question is a bit confusing really.

You and others are suggesting there's charges just off screen that he'd face if he didn't cooperate but there's no indication from Mueller that's true. I don't believe they would leave charges like that out of the filings because they want actual leverage if he doesn't cooperate, like with Manafort.

Max sentence for lying to FBI and congress is 5 years, not 6 months.

Federal sentencing guidelines for what Flynn pleaded to is 0 to 6 months.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, whose other "campaign" could it possibly be?
People keep misreading this tweet. "The campaign of President Donald J. Trump" isn't redacted! That's just the source he uses to measure the size of "President Donald J. Trump", which he then overlays on an entirely different, entirely redacted investigation (separate from the special counsel investigation), to say it could be "President Donald J. Trump Criminal Investigation". In all likelihood the redacted criminal investigation has nothing to do with Trump and the actual line says something like Eastern District of Virginia Criminal Investigation (which, I'll note, also fits the redaction and happens to be where Van Grack, the lead prosecutor on the memo, was investigating Flynn's Turkish foreign lobbying before Mueller was appointed. Van Grack was reported to had left the special counsel's office back in October, so I wonder if he's still running the non-Russia Flynn investigations back in his old job.)

Last edited:

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People keep misreading this tweet. "The campaign of President Donald J. Trump" isn't redacted! That's just the source he uses to measure the size of "President Donald J. Trump", which he then overlays on an entirely different, entirely redacted investigation (separate from the special counsel investigation), to say it could be "President Donald J. Trump Criminal Investigation". In all likelihood the redacted criminal investigation has nothing to do with Trump and the actual line says something like Eastern District of Virginia Criminal Investigation (which, I'll note, also fits the redaction and happens to be where Van Grack, the lead prosecutor on the memo, was investigating Flynn's Turkish foreign lobbying before Mueller was appointed. Van Grack was reported to had left the special counsel's office back in October, so I wonder if he's still running the non-Russia Flynn investigations back in his old job.)

Wouldn't the most likely other investigations be the investigation into Trump's obstruction of justice, and the Turkey thing? We know Mueller is investigating Trump's obstruction and the initial aspect of that was firing Comey for not agreeing to go easy on Flynn. That seems like an obvious subject for Flynn to "substantially assist" on.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't the most likely other investigations be the investigation into Trump's obstruction of justice, and the Turkey thing? We know Mueller is investigating Trump's obstruction and the initial aspect of that was firing Comey for not agreeing to go easy on Flynn. That seems like an obvious subject for Flynn to "substantially assist" on.
Yeah, both of those are probably in the memo. The structure of the memo reads
A) redacted non-Mueller criminal investigation (Turkey?)​
B) Special Counsel investigation with 2-3 subheadings​
i) Transition contacts with Russia​
ii) redacted Mueller subheading​
and then either a 3rd redacted Mueller subheading iii) or a completely redacted unknown investigation C)​

one of the redacted Mueller prongs is surely obstruction. Another possible redacted investigation is the weird UAE/Saudi/George Nader angle.

Last edited:

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
speaking of George Nader.... he is a convicted fucking pedophile, right? and Trump and his folk palled around with him, an open pedophile? there's even a picture of Trump posing for a pic with him... so like, how was that not a scandal? it's just normal now? like of course powerful people have pedophile friends, why wouldn't they?!

i dunno, i just think its very weird.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Chris Geidner @chrisgeidner

NYT says the "[Redacted] Criminal Investigation" in which Flynn has provided "substantial assistance "appears to [be]" the Turkish lobbying efforts with which Flynn was involved.

Amy Fiscus @amyfiscus

NEW: Mueller has sent the Turkey lobbying case back to Virginia prosecutors. This could be one of the ones Flynn helped on that special counsel prosecutors mentioned in heavily redacted form @MarkMazzettiNYT @adamgoldmanNYT https://nyti.ms/2E5FAl4

Adam Goldman @adamgoldmanNYT

A veteran national security prosecutor is overseeing the case in Virginia and a grand jury has been empaneled to hear evidence. ⁦@MarkMazzettiNYT⁩ https://nyti.ms/2E5FAl4?smid=nytcore-ios-share

NYT: As Flynn Case Winds Down, Investigation of Turkish Lobbying Persists

WASHINGTON — Federal prosecutors in Virginia are investigating a secret Turkish lobbying effort that once involved Michael T. Flynn, the former national security adviser, even as Mr. Flynn's role in the special counsel's investigation winds down, according to people familiar with the inquiry.
Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel, had been handling the case and at some point referred it back to prosecutors in Alexandria, Va., who had originally opened the investigation, the people said. A veteran national security prosecutor is overseeing the case, and a grand jury has been empaneled to hear evidence.
Prosecutors for Mr. Mueller appeared to make reference to the investigation in documents released on Tuesday that enumerated Mr. Flynn's cooperation in the Russia inquiry. The heavily redacted documents created an air of mystery about Mr. Flynn's "substantial help" in several unspecified but continuing investigations. Prosecutors cited Mr. Flynn's assistance as grounds for leniency when a judge sentences him on Dec. 18.
The Turkey case appears to fit as one of those inquiries because Mr. Flynn has direct knowledge of aspects under scrutiny. Prosecutors are examining Mr. Flynn's former business partners and clients who financed a campaign against Fethullah Gulen, a cleric living in Pennsylvania whom the Turkish government has accused of helping instigate a failed coup.
Mr. Mueller's prosecutors also mentioned Mr. Flynn's help in their own investigation and in a third matter. Details about it were blacked out in court papers, so it was unclear whether Mr. Mueller's team was describing additional details about its own inquiry, which also includes an examination of whether President Trump tried to obstruct it; citing investigations it has referred to other federal prosecutors' offices, like the case in Manhattan against Mr. Trump's personal lawyer, Michael D. Cohen; or describing a third investigation unknown to the public.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
speaking of George Nader.... he is a convicted fucking pedophile, right? and Trump and his folk palled around with him, an open pedophile? there's even a picture of Trump posing for a pic with him... so like, how was that not a scandal? it's just normal now? like of course powerful people have pedophile friends, why wouldn't they?!

i dunno, i just think its very weird.

They didn't "pal around with him", or at least there's no evidence of it. Nader was at some function Trump was at and took a pic with him as everyone does at those things.

This is like trying to tie Hillary or Obama or whomever to all kinds of horrible people they were once in a photo with at some big event where they had no idea whom they were standing next to.