• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously though, that motherfucker gets to participate in anti-American activities, calling for the imprisonment of his political enemy and making that a thing that we'll always have to deal with now, on top of committing crimes that he pleaded guilty to, and the bitch gets leniency for cooperation when there's already a small army of toadies that are cooperating?
Dude betrays the whole nation gets no jail time. Lame as fuck

Again though, his max sentence based on the charge is 6 months total. That's all he could ever face.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Why in the world would you think this?

Hey, at least he/she came around. Still PLENTY of people covering their eyes and their ears, and saying "nothing will come of this," despite the 3 dozen or so indictments, several guilty pleas, Whitaker not touching the investigation (though we still don't know why that is), and Trump posting crazier and crazier Tweets by the day, as a wounded animal would.

Edit: Ugh...after reading further posts by that person....never mind.

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Because in many ways it seemed like an obvious way for the Democrats to avoid responsibility for Hillary's terrible 2016 campaign and it's been all hype for two years.

As bad as Hillary's campaign was it wasn't the only thing that lost her that election. Not too mention saying the Russia probe has been nothing but hype shows you haven't been paying much attention.

Oct 27, 2017
People are really caught up on the Flynn jail time thing.

He's not Manafort, he was never looking at serious jail time to begin with, what he provided is worth not having 6 months in jail. Doesn't mean he won't have other conditions he has to meet. Y'all trust Mueller right up until now when one guy who would've gotten a light sentence gets let off of jail?

jackissocool

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
You thought this entire investigation was to cover for Hillary? What radio station are you listening to?
No, I thought (and still do think the intense focus by the media) is to avoid looking at the Democrats' political failures as the reason for the defeat and instead finding a scapegoat. I still do not think Russia had a significant impact on the election. Certainly less than a number of other foreign powers, corporations, and other political entities.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Because in many ways it seemed like an obvious way for the Democrats to avoid responsibility for Hillary's terrible 2016 campaign and it's been all hype for two years.

I cant tell if this is sarcasm or reality, but damn dude, do some research on your own before just regurgitating a trump tweet or fox news.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, I thought (and still do think the intense focus by the media) is to avoid looking at the Democrats' political failures as the reason for the defeat and instead finding a scapegoat. I still do not think Russia had a significant impact on the election. Certainly less than a number of other foreign powers, corporations, and other political entities.

What other foreign powers had more influence?

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Who gives a fuck about Flynn?

He's small time. He gave up information for the big fish, hence the lighter sentence.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got some examples?

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, you'd think the FBI, NSA, CIA, etc would release another joint report on meddling by OTHER foreign powers, like they did for Russia, if these foreign powers had a greater impact like you imply.

Why didn't you inform our intelligence agencies?! They need your clairvoyance!

You literally sound like Trump, here. "Russia meddled, but probably other countries too!!!"

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Scrolling through the thread and I see people are talking about Hillary.

Ok....

jackissocool

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
Wow, you'd think the FBI, NSA, CIA, etc would release another joint report on meddling by OTHER foreign powers, like they did for Russia, if these foreign powers had a greater impact like you imply.

Why didn't you inform our intelligence agencies?! They need your clairvoyance!

You literally sound like Trump, here. "Russia meddled, but probably other countries too!!!"
Because both parties love Israel

Israel, Suadi Arabia

Oct 30, 2017
Once you dive a little deeper, you see some undeniable pieces of evidence in this investigation.

-Lies regarding contact with Russians, Russian Deals, sanctions, meetings, and timelines
-Putin on the international stage said he wanted Trump to win
-Indictment for hackings by name
-Russian money flooding right wing outlets
-Republican James Comey instructed by Trump to pledge loyalty and to stop investigation into Flynn.
-Guiliani openly stating his best defense against impeachment is to win the court of public opinion. Aka, smear the investigation and obfuscate the facts to the point where Congress has plausible deniability to look the other way and downplay the investigation results.

The question things seem to come down to is, did the Trump organization, the campaign, or Trump explicitly promise a reduction on sanctions so as to make it easier for Putin and his oligarchs launder money, secure financing for Trump Tower Moscow (then to give a gift of $50 million dollar penthouse to Putin), and to further other business deals. And did the Trump organization openly solicit the hacking of DNC emails to make this happen?
Wanting to lift sanctions is an acceptable policy position. Wanting them lifted so you can please your business associates, gift real estate to foreign leaders, and to secure a business loan for personal gain is a serious conflict of interest. And encouraging hacking to help win an election is problematic.

Hillary's loss made people salty. But the dirty underbelly that is Trump's business dealings is a major conflict of interest.

jackissocool

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
Once you dive a little deeper, you see some undeniable pieces of evidence in this investigation.

-Lies regarding contact with Russians, Russian Deals, sanctions, meetings, and timelines
-Putin on the international stage said he wanted Trump to win
-Indictment for hackings by name
-Russian money flooding right wing outlets
-Republican James Comey instructed by Trump to pledge loyalty and to stop investigation into Flynn.
-Guiliani openly stating his best defense against impeachment is to win the court of public opinion. Aka, smear the investigation and obfuscate the facts to the point where Congress has plausible deniability to look the other way and downplay the investigation results.

The question things seem to come down to is, did the Trump organization, the campaign, or Trump explicitly promise a reduction on sanctions so as to make it easier for Putin and his oligarchs launder money, secure financing for Trump Tower Moscow (then to give a gift of $50 million dollar penthouse to Putin), and to further other business deals. And did the Trump organization openly solicit the hacking of DNC emails to make this happen?
Wanting to lift sanctions is an acceptable policy position. Wanting them lifted so you can please your business associates, gift real estate to foreign leaders, and to secure a business loan for personal gain is a serious conflict of interest. And encouraging hacking to help win an election is problematic.

Hillary's loss made people salty. But the dirty underbelly that is Trump's business dealings is a major conflict of interest.
Oh yeah no doubt tons of dirty shit happened. But dirty shit happens all the time, so I didn't expect anything to come of this.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Again though, his max sentence based on the charge is 6 months total. That's all he could ever face.

I don't think many people care about the charges? They're more upset that a rich white guy can be fucking comic book evil and even commit treason yet get no jail time whilst if you're working class, Hispanic, and 38 with 4 children you can get 8 years for mistakenly voting in elections because you don't know that permanent residents aren't able to like Rosa Maria Ortega.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why y'all are wasting so much time trying to convince a low effort troll who is proudly wallowing in their naivete.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think many people care about the charges? They're more upset that a rich white guy can be fucking comic book evil and even commit treason yet get no jail time whilst if you're working class, Hispanic, and 38 with 4 children you can get 8 years for mistakenly voting in elections because you don't know that permanent residents aren't able to like Rosa Maria Ortega.

People will continue to be disappointed if they throw terms with specific legal definitions around, like treason, in situations that don't meet the requirements for such a charge. It's fine if you want to speak in colloquial terms but don't switch the context to legal proceedings and expect it to have weight.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Oh, I dunno...

- The plot to kidnap a US citizen on behalf of a foreign regime known for human rights violations and suppression of dissidents
- Acting as a foreign agent of influence while advising the government on its policy positions

And that's just what we know about... that all goes from the assumption that he was just taking foreign PR and feeding it to a US audience; I would bet that a proper counter-intelligence investigation would turn up communications that go the other way as well, namely him feeding sensitive information to his paymasters.

We also don't know the full extent of his harebrained scheme to build nuclear reactors with Saudi and Russian investors across the Middle-East once those pesky sanctions on Russia were lifted as planned.

Flynn is incredibly dirty and the fact that Mueller goes so lenient on him must mean that whoever he rolled on must be even dirtier.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I dunno...

- The plot to kidnap a US citizen on behalf of a foreign regime known for human rights violations and suppression of dissidents
- Acting as a foreign agent of influence while advising the government on its policy positions

And that's just what we know about... that all goes from the assumption that he was just taking foreign PR and feeding it to a US audience; I would bet that a proper counter-intelligence investigation would turn up communications that go the other way as well, namely him feeding sensitive information to his paymasters.

We also don't know the full extent of his harebrained scheme to build nuclear reactors with Saudi and Russian investors across the Middle-East once those pesky sanctions on Russia were lifted as planned.

Flynn is incredibly dirty and the fact that Mueller goes so lenient on him must mean that whoever he rolled on must be even dirtier.

Are any crimes or potential prosecutions for any of that mentioned in the documents filed by Mueller or anyone else?