• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone going to Vox is already likely anti-Trump, those sound bites aren't going to sway them anymore than they are already swayed. MSNBC will pick up the juiciest sound bite to support their position. Fox News will do the same and ignore the ones the MSNBC picks. All the sound bites do is so the politician can go out and say that they asked the important questions. Nothing of this will move the needle in any meaningful way in the public discourse. Maybe some of it will make it more likely that Democrats start impeachment investigations but that's the most that will likely happen from it.
My point wasn't about VOX as a source, my point was that YT drives way more traffic for them than print, despite print being what they're known for.

Getting Mueller on camera is a good thing.

Oct 25, 2017
My Uber driver was watching a Fox News stream of the testimony (while driving). He called Schiff a "shithead" and sarcasticly claimed he wished the Democrats would try to impeach Trump.

You can present the facts and the crimes committed by Trump, but these people don't care. It's a culture war to them and Fox News has them by the balls.
How many star did you give him?

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SoftBogusAmericanbulldog-mobile.jpg

I need him!

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
If you would like this hearing to mean something call your Representative's office and say that due to the Mueller Report and today's hearing you want the Impeachment Inquiry to start. It's up to us make our Reps understand the importance of what is happening.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
Not sure this is going to move anyone in the opposite direction - Those who hate Trump will still hate and those who support will still support. Just have to help Dem turnout is big like it was in 2018.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I found Muller's answer on the previous election and the Trump campaign' actions in it to be the new normal quite alarming, not just for the US but for other countries as well based on his claims that not just Russia but others are also capable of running sophisticated campaigns with the intention of influencing election outcomes. There hasn't been too much focus on this portion of his report and final media statement as Special Counsel.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, assuming it doesn't involve or interfere with an ongoing investigation.
That's what I would think. Although a defense attorney (are you allowed to have that in a senate trial?) would object over "speculation".

Honestly I am thinking this was what the house needed to go forward on impeachment under Obstruction. I would be surprised if it doesn't happen now. All of the questioning was based on the Obstruction charge, and Mueller made it pretty clear that a lot of what he did falls under that statute, and he couldn't make a decision one way or the other solely because of the DoJ guidelines.

Riboflavin

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
Mueller appeared like he had barely any idea of what was going on, almost outright senile.

It was a master stroke for the GOP to reach into a nursing home and get that doddering old fool appointed to investigate Trump.

No one wonder he couldn't find any wrongdoing, Mueller probably can't even find the salt and pepper on the kitchen table.

The Democratic Party is truly incompetent.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Mueller appeared like he had barely any idea of what was going on, almost outright senile.

It was a master stroke for the GOP to reach into a nursing home and get that doddering old fool appointed to investigate Trump.

No one wonder he couldn't find any wrongdoing, Mueller probably can't even find the salt and pepper on the kitchen table.

The shit is this?

Oct 25, 2017

I mean this is dumb, but it's so dumb I assume it must be parody

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You're trying too hard

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

This might be the worst post out of the nearly 2,600 posts in this thread. Congratulations.

markavacado

Oct 25, 2017

this is a bit of a take. I'll only adress the fact that Mueller DID find evidence of wrongdoing. 10 instances in fact.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

🤡

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017

DF64Mfv.gif

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017

Don Jr. is that you?

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I don't think this is a play on some meme...?

I get your frustration but, yeah, you clearly have no idea about the material in this case.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York

...going a long way out of your way for a what I'm hoping is a bad attempt at sarcasm...

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I would think. Although a defense attorney (are you allowed to have that in a senate trial?) would object over "speculation".

Honestly I am thinking this was what the house needed to go forward on impeachment under Obstruction. I would be surprised if it doesn't happen now. All of the questioning was based on the Obstruction charge, and Mueller made it pretty clear that a lot of what he did falls under that statute, and he couldn't make a decision one way or the other solely because of the DoJ guidelines.
The dems have no spine and they won't impeach, even after muellers testimony.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
So I missed all of this. How'd it go?
Terribly. Mueller refused to answer anything with clarity, and makes the case which only has a political answer impossible to politicize.

The problem isn't that he was trying to be impartial. The problem is he tried very hard not to say anything that might be used politically in any way, even if it's the complete evenhanded truth.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

what in tarnation

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

/s?

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

3caef0b7b911b8acd5ca2a7f9bab1baa.png

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Pelosi doesn't act, she's complicit withTrump.

No she isn't. This is nonsense. She believes that he's vulnerable in the election next year and it's a huge risk with little upside to pursue impeachment proceedings with so little support. For example: do you think today hurt or helped Trump? Probably helped him, honestly. Did you think that calling Mueller could ever help him? Probably not. But here we are. He's spiking the football and it's going to work for him, probably. That's what would likely happen in an impeachment hearing that has absolutely 0 chance of resulting in his removal from office, but x10. Sad but true. A seasoned politician with decades of leadership experience in Washington probably knows more than many young people on Resetera give her credit for. It's just amazing how well the divide and conquer tactics work every time for the GOP.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beating Trump in 2020 is the only thing that is going to stop this hobgoblin from continuing to destroy America. Defend the hearings or w/e you want to do but what happened today isn't going to move the needle, Mueller himself was awful and what positive sound bites do come out of this will be dominated by the clips of him looking like a confused grandpa. This board and left Twitter pinned so much hope on Mueller for the past 2 years and it's now time to get energized for the 2020 election and boot this motherfucker out of office, no white chariot is coming to save us before then.

I would welcome impeachment to begin solely to drive Trump insane, but in the end it's not going to give us any sort of tangible resolution before November 2020.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I live in the Bay Area, the whole country knows how we feel about Trump. It's up to the other states to get their reps in action.

Actually it is still up to you, too. Constant pressure moves the needle.

And I say this from experience as I worked for a local environmental non-profit. We had to launch multiple campaigns to get acknowledgement from local and state governments. This got media coverage. We received more governmental attention and gave us more direct lines with officials. We even helped people outside our state to do similar things in their states. If you have friends in another state that don't have the same support, contact them. Offer your help.