• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Controller versus Keyboard and Mouse. KB+M is infinitely more precise for this game.
Shit, so this isn't a PC with XBO/X specs, just a beefed up PC with controller? Bleh

The console releases in a week, it has been unboxed about 1287 times on Youtube....why would you think that they would use a pc with specs instead of actually showing their console....?

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's about as late as they could realistically release it for this year (and financial quarter).

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully a Mod edits the date into the thread title.

The console releases in a week, it has been unboxed about 1287 times on Youtube....why would you think that they would use a pc with specs instead of actually showing their console....?
What month is it?!? Did I get transported to December?

edit: I read wrong. I mean they said they were playing on PC, right?

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Just like in Gears of War 4. Oh wait.

"Windows 10 and Xbox players had closely-matched results when comparing Average KD, Score and Kills per match based on skill ratings"

Gears is a different game that is much more suited to a controller, plus has a long history of people getting very use to playing on a controller.

PUBG encounters are much more commonly played at much longer range than encounters in Gears, where fine aiming with a mouse is much more important.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
This makes sense. The first few weeks of the One X will be filled with other Xbox Enhanced games noise.

Draughn

Oct 29, 2017
Redmond, WA
That was one of the worse live streams I've ever seen. Looks like the same trailer for the third straight time. A tweet would've been better.
Yep, they let the community run wild with speculation and then come out with some news that isn't at all unexpected (19 days before eoy). I'm still excited but the MS marketing team is about as hard headed as it gets.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Gears is a different game that is much more suited to a controller, plus has a long history of people getting very use to playing on a controller.

PUBG encounters are much more commonly played at much longer range than encounters in Gears, where fine aiming with a mouse is much more important.

Exactly this. If you know you're going up against KB+M players, don't expect to be a top player or get many kills with a controller, if any at all.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
RG0BS1U.gif

Wonder how much will it blow up on Xbox.

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
I missed it, so $29.99 is there anything added in this release, will it be updated the same time as the pc version?

jmizzal

Oct 27, 2017
Nov i'll be getting LA Noire and Resident Evil Revelation 2 on Switch

And Star Wars Battlefront 2 on Xbox one which can hold me down for my shooter

Dec 1st is Xenoblade C2

So Dec 12th is perfect will be ready for a new game, all ready got most of my money ready on xbox live just gotta add a few more bucks and PUBG will be ready to be paid off

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Good date.. good price point. I thought it looked pretty damn good. My friends and I are in and can not wait.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
That event sucked. I was hoping to see Xbox footage at least.

Date and price are what I expected

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Use different weapons and strategies then?
Having to use different weapons and strategies is already a disadvantage. But even that wouldn't help much, not with the way the gun mechanics work across the board in this game. No, there are no hard stats like your Gears 4 link, but it takes about 10 minutes in game to realize that a controller user would be at a severe disadvantage in nearly all situations.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to come out with a video before release date going over all the controls for the XBX.

Sever

Oct 27, 2017
Arron Greenberg was a bad choice to host this event he seems like a sleazy exec.

12/12 seems like a good date hopefully everything goes smoothly.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
You'll never know if there is a clear cut advantage unless it is tried out, like The Coalition did for Gears.

One game is being mentioned here where there is apparently no advantage and that's Gears. But try almost any other shooter, third or first, especially one that requires extreme precision like PUBG does, and the argument of Gears is completely thrown out the window. Gears is apparently the extreme outlier here, the exception to the proven rule of thumb. After playing PUBG for over 70 hours, I pretty much can never, ever recommend playing with a controller against KB+M players in PUBG.

Zone

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely fine with me. Got a few games that I want to complete so it fits perfectly with me. Can't wait though!

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
One game is being mentioned here where there is apparently no advantage and that's Gears. But try almost any other shooter, third or first, especially one that requires extreme precision like PUBG does, and the argument of Gears is completely thrown out the window. Gears is apparently the extreme outlier here, the exception to the proven rule of thumb. After playing PUBG for over 70 hours, I pretty much can never, ever recommend playing with a controller against KB+M players in PUBG.

I play PUBG as well. What game have you played that had crossplay that carries weight? All it would really take is the perfect amount of aim assist for controller users.