SPECULATION: I believe Starfield (ZeniMax/Bethesda) is a Mobile game

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by AAMARMO, Apr 15, 2018.

1. AAMARMO

AAMARMO Member Original Poster

Recently I have been searching through Global Brand Database for different video game related trademark. I recently checked out ZeniMax Media trademarks and notice the long-rumored Starfield trademark people are anticipating to be Bethesda next big triple-A game. However, unfortunately, I have noticed a pattern with this trademark compare to other ZeniMax Media games that released on console.

First, let's look at the good and services of Starfield (11.12.2017):
    [​IMG]
    You may have noticed that the first line mentions mobile-related uses such as mobile application software, namely, electronic game programs and video games for mobile devices. Now some might say Im being far-fetched and just grabbing out this words, however, let's look at a game ZeniMax has released on Console Platforms recently.

Skyrim (04.05.01) Good and Services tags:
    [​IMG]
    You may have noticed that the first line mentions computer game software for use with computers and video game consoles compared to Starfield right off the bat mentions Mobile game-related features.

Let's look at another trademark that ZeniMax filled Prey 2017 (16.08.2016):
    [​IMG]
    Again with this trademark right off the bat mentions Computer game software for use with computers and video game consoles like the previous one I mention Skyrim VR. But what does a mobile game trademark from Bethesda Softworks looks like?

Fallout Shelter (12.01.2016) Good and Services tags:
    [​IMG]
    Similar to Starfield this starts out with Mobile related features compared to the other two Skyrim VR and Prey 2017 which starts out with computer game software for use with computers and video game consoles.

With this evidence, you can see why I strongly believe that Starfield is a mobile game and not there next big triple-A game. However, I believe they are working on there triple A game maybe its Elder Scrolls, Fallout or a brand new IP but I am confident that it's not Starfield.

Source: http://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/

EDIT:

2. Rezsolution

Rezsolution Member

Maybe it could be mobile tie-in stuff like Fallout did with Shelter and the Pip-Boy app.

3. SUPGUYZ

SUPGUYZ Member

Does the Switch count as mobile in this scenario?

4. labpleb

labpleb Member

^

5. JammerLammy

JammerLammy Member

yes

Nirolak just came

7. Van Bur3n

Van Bur3n Member

I’m in the same boat as you OP. Many think it will be BGS’s next open world sandbox RPG, but considering recent trends within BGS and the evidence you provide. I definitely feel Starfield will not be of a traditional BGS formula.

8. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Member

I think Starfield is a big AAA game, but has a mobile app too.

9. Derrick01

Derrick01 Member

I can't put into words how much joy this would bring me if true. Funniest gaming thing since FFXIV's debut trailer probably.

10. RPGam3r

RPGam3r Member

I lean towards large AAA game with a mobile tie in.

11. Maxime

Maxime Member

12. AAMARMO

If it was they probably wouldn't start the good and services with mobile.

13. Maxey

Maxey Member

BGS has to announce something new this year, right? There's only so many times Skyrim can be ported...

Maybe we’ll start getting FO3 ports.

15. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Member

Who’s that?

So does vita. But they are both in limbo with third party now

17. Heartskips

Heartskips Member

It would be announcing something tho. :p Also, maybe they want to do a mobile game after how their last AAA games performed.

18. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Member

Well, luckily for us we’ll find out in exactly 2 months!

19. JammerLammy

JammerLammy Member

I'm at the point where i just say Yes to everything whenever someone mention switch, easier that way :)

20. kadotsu

kadotsu Member

But they made that embarasing singleplayer PR video and everything!

21. FelipeMGM

FelipeMGM #Skate4 Moderator

maybe things changed during development, because their original filling (now abandoned) didnt mention mobile at all

[​IMG]

22. chobel

chobel Member

I refuse to believe, need Nirolak to confirm.

23. AAMARMO

Nice Find.

24. Van Bur3n

Van Bur3n Member

Very well? Despite the bad rep their games get in vocal minority bubbles, Bethesda RPGs are still some of the most popular and well-received. Especially Skyrim and Fallout 4.

I bet you a packet of cookies it's their next AAA IP for consoles and PC, with no mobile tie-in and launches this winter.

26. Heartskips

Heartskips Member

I'm not saying they're bad, far from it. Just that sales for Wolfenstein 2, Evil Within 2, Prey weren't that good. TES and Fallout are huge of course, but they can't release a new one every year.

27. noyram23

noyram23 Member

So they want to transition to mobile after the success of FO4 and Skrim ports? It's probably mobile but I doubt it's due game sales of their previous AAA games, maybe FO Shelter is raking the dough in the background though

28. Potterson

Potterson Member

No, it is not :) And it is coming this fall, so just wait for E3.

29. labpleb

labpleb Member

Those are not BGS titles.

30. AAMARMO

Source?

31. Van Bur3n

Van Bur3n Member

I was of the mindset of thinking about BGS and their games, not Bethesda as a whole. Although I suppose that is something to consider was well.

32. bane833

bane833 Member

They certainly didn´t spend the last 3 years developing a mobile game.

33. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Member

You have inside knowledge?

34. Heartskips

Heartskips Member

I missed the BGS part in that post. Anyway, seeing as how old this is, I guess it's not a reaction to 2017 sales after all.

35. Lord of Ostia

Lord of Ostia Member

Are we talking sales or quality here? Because Evil Within 2 and Prey are both good games, Prey is fantastic.

36. SweetNicole

SweetNicole Community Manager Administrator

It's almost certain that there is a mobile game and an actual game coming, considering the filings for both. It matches Fallout, their last major release, and the fact that they stated multiple times they enjoyed the mobile game Fallout Shelter and want to do things like it for other games they release. So, you're not entirely wrong OP, but not entirely right either.

37. Turkoop

Turkoop Member

Either Doom 2 or Starfield coming this fall. Bethesda need something to put into holiday.

38. FelipeMGM

FelipeMGM #Skate4 Moderator

yeah, l think SweetNicole brings a great point here

They also have ''STARFIELD'' fillings for clothing apparel and game manuals/posters/trading cards. These are usually done when you are preparing some big project, covering the property for licensed products too

Also, I need Fallout in space godammit lol

39. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Member

Yeah. This is what some of us said. A mobile game and a console/pc game.

40. Zephyriel

Zephyriel Member

[​IMG]

I wan to believe it's a proper game. Skyrim in space, that'd be the shit.

41. AAMARMO

There's are a few things that I think people are getting confused about.

1) Starfield is not trademark by Bethesda Softworks this could mean this is not related to there next triple A game for consoles
    2) It looked like a console game with this name was in the work but seem to be canceled or didnt get developed due to the trademark abandon Bethesda

42. Rodjer

Rodjer Member

DOOM 2 Spring 2019, i can feel it.

43. AAMARMO

Fallout Shelter has the similar fillings your suggesting as well if you look at them.

44. Potterson

Potterson Member

I don't know how confirming stuff works here. I can do that if a mod asks me in private message.

45. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Member

Usually people will just say it, but I believe mods would like you to message them with some kind of proof you have real knowledge, then you can let us know if you don’t mind.

This is tales from your ass until you get mod confirmation.

47. Vertpin

Vertpin Member

Yeah insider information really needs to be confirmed here. Can't wait to see what this game is.

I'm a lawyer who regularly files trademark applications and I'll tell you the order of goods and services listing means absolutely nothing, particularly when there are a dozen or more listed.

49. Chronos

Chronos Member

I wouldnt be surprised if it is a mobile tie-in, also, Starfield could also be a placeholder name for the Project and they will be deciding on another name for the release.

50. AAMARMO

It kinda strange that there mobile games always start of with mobile, this is a strange situation.

Also the console version of the trademark was abandon.