• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry guys, no official announcement just yet but this IS a interesting video

Whatever it is that BGS is working on and probably releasing this year, it's clear that something is happening.

Basically ...

A tweet from Bethesda that they will have a new extra shiny store in the near future. Dude thinks BGS are redesigning their new store around their brand new IP Starfield. Just like they did for Fallout 4 when they had their release trailer.

Another tweet by Dark warehouse. They congratulate BGS on reaching a million followers and they say that lots of exciting things to come from them in collaboration with Bethesda.

Dark warehouse are a merchandise manufacturer who works exclusively for BGS. More signs for sure.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
Bioware recently switched away from Treehouse/Thinkgeek, and BGS currently use them too. Maybe just that, changing provider.

Oct 26, 2017
That's possible but with all the other things going on it really seems this is probably about that. Soon we'll find out, either in may or otherwise E3.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I hope their new provider - assuming they get one - has better international shipping rates... Buuuuut, well, I'm not exactly holding my breath.

In any case, depending on what kind of 'space-y' aesthetic they go for with Starfield, I could certainly see myself picking up some merch. I love it when sci-fi character designs/outfits give off a kinda 'super stylised astronaut' vibe--like, this art from Starfinder is pretty much exactly my shit:

Jj6v1V1.jpg

Basically what would happen if a Star Wars bounty hunter got their fabrics from NASA... And was also, like, a space wizard.

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry guys, no official announcement just yet but this IS a interesting video

Whatever it is that BGS is working on and probably releasing this year, it's clear that something is happening.

Basically ...

A tweet from Bethesda that they will have a new extra shiny store in the near future. Dude thinks BGS are redesigning their new store around their brand new IP Starfield. Just like they did for Fallout 4 when they had their release trailer.

Another tweet by Dark warehouse. They congratulate BGS on reaching a million followers and they say that lots of exciting things to come from them in collaboration with Bethesda.

Dark warehouse are a merchandise manufacturer who works exclusively for BGS. More signs for sure.

That video is something else. Is that his shtick or?

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Had to post this, watch at 2 minutes in

The classification information is weird as hell.

Okay sure but... The guy is claiming this changed as of yesterday and then highlights a date of April 24th 2016 to back that up, seeming to not realize not only is the date wrong in the year but also the month (fucking lol) but if you actually go and look at either page for the trademark the last time it was updated was actually April 6th of this year. I'm not saying there isn't something off about the classification but this videos information is inaccurate so I really can't say how long that classification has been there nor does it mean anything. Could be a glitch on the site or a million other things. Now it could have been updated yesterday like he says, after all your previous post says it was updated around May 11th but that isn't shown either. I just find the video questionable when the guy tries to back up what hes claiming by actively showing a date that is clearly not correct. Just seems like major clickbait to me is all.

Oct 26, 2017
I watched a video by MrMatty, he's good peoples and not clickbait. Yep he can be overly excited for anything BGS, but so can I, lol. Either way, he saw something on that trademark page I hadn't noticed yet. It's about services, tournaments and so on, which really makes it sound like a online game. That would instantly kill all my hype. Check it out here.

https://trademarks.justia.com/869/70/starfield-86970879.html

Goods and Services
Entertainment services, namely, providing online interactive computer and video games; entertainment services, namely, providing information relating to computer and video games via the Internet; multimedia entertainment software publishing services; publishing interactive computer and video game software; entertainment services, namely, providing a website containing personal profiles of computer and video game software users, gaming player performance and statistics; entertainment services, namely, providing temporary use of non-downloadable computer and video games; entertainment services, namely, providing a web site through which people locate information about tournaments, events, and competitions in the video and computer game field; entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer and video games to subscribers and members

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
I watched a video by MrMatty, he's good peoples and not clickbait. Yep he can be overly excited for anything BGS, but so can I, lol. Either way, he saw something on that trademark page I hadn't noticed yet. It's about services, tournaments and so on, which really makes it sound like a online game. That would instantly kill all my hype. Check it out here.

https://trademarks.justia.com/869/70/starfield-86970879.html
It seems like they are covering all bases to protect their IP. I guess we'll know it 2 weeks.

But it seems unlikely that BGS would deviate from their usual kind of games they make that sells millions of copies and take such a huge risk. Unless there's a co-op component and maybe an Arena style tournament aspect to the game.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like they are covering all bases to protect their IP. I guess we'll know it 2 weeks.

But it seems unlikely that BGS would deviate from their usual kind of games they make that sells millions of copies and take such a huge risk. Unless there's a co-op component and maybe an Arena style tournament aspect to the game.
Yeah, they always talk about how "oh, only Bethesda makes these types of games, it's their stamp." They aren't going to just flip that entirely to chase trends. At the most, these are probably some side modes or something.

Also I vaguely remember a rumor about some procedural tech they might have been implementing in to make some of the side content and a No Man's Skyish exploration/discovery/recording system, so maybe something along those lines?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017

Exactly ! Betting it all on a online game when your biggest talents lie somewhere else is definitely a big risk. They know this very well themselves. I for one would be disappointed as hell if a online game by BGS is one of the games that basically pushed TES VI further away.

Yeah, they always talk about how "oh, only Bethesda makes these types of games, it's their stamp." They aren't going to just flip that entirely to chase trends. At the most, these are probably some side modes or something.

Also I vaguely remember a rumor about some procedural tech they might have been implementing in to make some of the side content and a No Man's Skyish exploration/discovery/recording system, so maybe something along those lines?

Yes there was something about procedurally generated environments, which would be a huge disappointment since their handcrafted worlds are always so great. I believe this rumor came from 4chan.

And I believe it's also a fact that Bethesda Game Studios has at least explored the idea of this.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
They've been hiring zillions of server engineers across all three studios for something, but it's not 100% clear what.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't like the sound of that at all. Good thing it won't be long now and we'll find out. I don't mind MP modes and what not, but please do give me a SP as well.

Oct 25, 2017
TES fans will riot if this turns out to be an online only thing. Even though I prefer a pure single-player RPG, I have no problem with the game having a multiplayer mode. But, I want a traditional BGS single-player mode as well.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
TES fans will riot if this turns out to be an online only thing. Even though I prefer a pure single-player RPG, I have no problem with the game having a multiplayer mode. But, I want a traditional BGS single-player mode as well.
I find it interesting that they quashed the online Skyrim co-op mod. And also I think they shut down the Capitol Wasteland project behind the scenes. ... possibly because they are planning on releasing similar games soon.

I wish I could sleep through the next too weeks because the anticipation for e3 is driving me crazy.

Oct 26, 2017

I find it interesting that they quashed the online Skyrim co-op mod. And also I think they shut down the Capitol Wasteland project behind the scenes. ... possibly because they are planning on releasing similar games soon.

I wish I could sleep through the next too weeks because the anticipation for e3 is driving me crazy.

Todd Howard has said in the past that they always considered multiplayer modes for all their games but always ended up deciding against it. If they do implement one now, just don't abandon SP. But this uncertainty fucking sucks. Especially since we know they have something freemium coming out as well.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I don't have any additional info. In March I've heard it's coming this fall, that's all. It's possible they've change their plans... But I doubt it.

Personally I still think this new project is somehow sci-fi Fallout.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have any additional info. In March I've heard it's coming this fall, that's all. It's possible they've change their plans... But I doubt it.

Personally I still think this new project is somehow sci-fi Fallout.

But that would mean it definitely is a major release which Austin Walker says it isn't. Ah well, we'll know today. Thanks man :)

Oct 26, 2017
I'm completely expecting Starfield to be completely absent at E3. It seems Howard and his team is working with Battlecry on this after all. And if that's the case i don't believe for a second they will also reveal a big new open world RPG. Fuck my hype for their show has decreased a lot.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm completely expecting Starfield to be completely absent at E3. It seems Howard and his team is working with Battlecry on this after all. And if that's the case i don't believe for a second they will also reveal a big new open world RPG. Fuck my hype for their show has decreased a lot.
Vault 76 had somethings to do with Aliens, Starfield could be a project name for Fallout 76 I guess.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Vault 76 had somethings to do with Aliens, Starfield could be a project name for Fallout 76 I guess.

Q5L7g3p.png

It seems like Starfield and Fallout 76 are two unrelated things.

I just hope Starfield is indeed a singleplayer RPG, and that it'll be announced at E3. 'Cause, not gonna lie, it's not sounding like Fallout 76 is gonna be a game I'll enjoy:

Oct 26, 2017
Part of me says "no way Starfield is at E3 too." But then... Why else would they put these star backgrounds. They know what that'll make us think.

Perhaps Fallout 76 is a 2019 title and Starfield this year or vice versa.

We don't have confirmation yet if this game at least has RPG elements right? Because Todd Howard has clearly said he can't see himself not making RPGs.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps Fallout 76 is a 2019 title and Starfield this year or vice versa.

We don't have confirmation yet if this game at least has RPG elements right? Because Todd Howard has clearly said he can't see himself not making RPGs.
I can't imagine it wouldn't. Based on what we know of Vault 76, it'll probably start with the vault opening in 2106, and then we set out to settle the wastes as is the directive of that vault. Which makes me think there's going to be quite a large map, because a) you need room for those settlements to be spaced out so they don't feel cramped and b) you need places to get resources from. With that stuff and coop, some sort of character creator/S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system and questing seems like a given.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
I hope their new provider - assuming they get one - has better international shipping rates... Buuuuut, well, I'm not exactly holding my breath.

In any case, depending on what kind of 'space-y' aesthetic they go for with Starfield, I could certainly see myself picking up some merch. I love it when sci-fi character designs/outfits give off a kinda 'super stylised astronaut' vibe--like, this art from Starfinder is pretty much exactly my shit:

Jj6v1V1.jpg

Basically what would happen if a Star Wars bounty hunter got their fabrics from NASA... And was also, like, a space wizard.

She looks ultra bad-ass. Why hasn't anyone made a space-faring bounty hunter 1st/3rd person game?

Oct 26, 2017
I can't imagine it wouldn't. Based on what we know of Vault 76, it'll probably start with the vault opening in 2106, and then we set out to settle the wastes as is the directive of that vault. Which makes me think there's going to be quite a large map, because a) you need room for those settlements to be spaced out so they don't feel cramped and b) you need places to get resources from. With that stuff and coop, some sort of character creator/S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system and questing seems like a given.

Then this is definitely what they have been talking about. If and that's a big if they reveal Starfield as well that will mean by the time of E3 we know about the "two big new games before we talk about TES VI " and that's something I didn't expect at all.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Then this is definitely what they have been talking about. If and that's a big if they reveal Starfield as well that will mean by the time of E3 we know about the "two big new games before we talk about TES VI " and that's something I didn't expect at all.
I wouldn't expect Starfield this year. I would say next year but the 4chan rumor from December with Fallout 76 being multiplayer listed also said "Starfield YEARS away." Could be bunk, but it was on about this game sooooo

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017

Jj6v1V1.jpg

I was scrolling through this thread fast and saw this awesome art and got super hype that it was related to this game

Damn

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't expect Starfield this year. I would say next year but the 4chan rumor from December with Fallout 76 being multiplayer listed also said "Starfield YEARS away." Could be bunk, but it was on about this game sooooo

Jesus fucking Christ, all the hype i had for the Bethesda show is really almost gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.