• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes, they are probably going to pull a Bayonetta like last year.

Show a trailer for Prime 4 and reveal Prime trilogy for Switch after that.

At least, I hope so

lmx

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2018
It's that time bois.
tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it might be there, but it's probably just going to be a 30 second non-gameplay teaser if it is. I think E3 will be the real unveiling in either case.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Many of us have said this for the longest time. I've been saying it since early this year because this is the audience you show Metroid Prime 4. They can copy last year and announce Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch too.

Plum

May 31, 2018
MP4 being at The Game Awards would be the least surprising thing to me in a while. Nintendo's been using the event as a way to reveal/show off their more 'hardcore' titles since its inception so, after the game was a no-show at E3, I felt it was a near certainty.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MP4 being at The Game Awards would be the least surprising thing to me in a while. Nintendo's been using the event as a way to reveal/show off their more 'hardcore' titles since its inception so, after the game was a no-show at E3, I felt it was a near certainty.
Just like how it was a near certainty it would have appeared at E3 after all those development scoops?

Mar 23, 2018
I feel very excited and a bit scared. It's been 10 years, after all and it seems like it's a whole different team. Imagine being a fan of Metroid Prime and making the sequel to that game 10 years later. Anyway, they should be doing ok if they give them the time to make it :)

Edit: Actually, 2 years since the last "Metroid Prime" game :p

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If MP4 is there then I expect a MPT HD announcement for release early in 2019 similar to the Bayo 3/Bayo 1+2 announcement at TGA last year.

lmx

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2018
What other hardcore nintendo titles have been revealed at this event in the past?

Oct 26, 2017
This has been what I expected since even before E3, plus the rumoured MP collection reveal similar to how they did for Bayonetta at last year's. Bayonetta could be there too if that's far enough along.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this game turns out to be an ambitious, franchise defining AAA game in a similar vein to Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey, rather than something like Star Fox Zero which was seemingly made just to keep the franchise alive.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm skeptical.

Nintendo hasn't had a truly exciting reveal since Odyssey and Botw.

Luigi's mansion looks like it's using dark moon engine.
Fire emblem doesn't look graphically impressive.
Let's to reception has been mixed.
Smash is a known quantity.

I need some real hype for a first party game from Nintendo

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
It could reflect last year's Bayonetta announcements by starting with Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch followed by Metroid Prime 4 footage.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm skeptical.

Nintendo hasn't had a truly exciting reveal since Odyssey and Botw.

Luigi's mansion looks like it's using dark moon engine.
Fire emblem doesn't look graphically impressive.
Let's to reception has been mixed.
Smash is a known quantity.

I need some real hype for a first party game from Nintendo
Smash doesn't count because it's Smash? Moving goalposts much?

Plum

May 31, 2018
Just like how it was a near certainty it would have appeared at E3 after all those development scoops?

Except I never believed MP4 would be shown off at E3, especially not to the same extent as I do with the Game Awards. E3 was all about Smash Bros, and since that game would have finished it's "reveal cycle" by the time of The Game Awards I feel that the only other candidate is Metroid Prime 4. No other previously announced Switch game fits the bill in my eyes.

What other hardcore nintendo titles have been revealed at this event in the past?

The only actual major 'reveals' were Bayonetta 3 & 1+2 last year. 2014 had the first Zelda Wii U gameplay demo and the reveal of Mario Maker's other 2 art styles, 2015 had nothing because it was Nintendo in 2015, 2016 had the second trailer for BotW and a new gameplay demo for the game, and 2017 had the aforementioned Bayo 1+2 and 3 reveals alongside a shadow drop of BotW's second DLC.