• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Areyis

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https://www.apnews.com/a7589ef1d4034a08b93d966abbb05017

800.jpeg

Alright, the following thing I am about to say is just speculation, so feel free to talk about this in any manner you wish.

I'm not saying anything I'm about to suggest is possible to prove, I'm just speculating.

In the past, Trump actually did an interview with Mueller. This is because Trump said he wanted Mueller to be his next FBI director.

Then all of Trumps political rivals mocked him because it was impossible for Mueller to be the next FBI director, due to having served 12 years prior as one. He's over the term limits. People said that Trump didn't even know the damn term limits. But, I don't think this is the case. I speculate that Trump was not actually intending to speak with Mueller to make him an FBI director.

I'll say this as well. Paul Manafort worked for Trump for a while. But when Trump won the Republican nomination, he gained access to some privileged information which is only available to potential presidents.

Presidential candidates get briefed on these issues. So Trump and Hillary both got these briefings.

Now, exactly 2 days after Trump received these security briefings, Manafort resigned.

I think that perhaps the FBI told Trump that Manafort was being investigated, and that Manafort being investigated was what gave access to get a FISA warrant for Trump.

Think about it, everyone says that Mueller is investigating Russian collusion, but does anyone actually have any proof of that? Except purportedly the mainstream media, who have been lying and accepting any leaker they can who wandered in off the street?

Trump said he would instruct his DOJ to hire a special prosecutor to look into election. He's appointed a special prosecutor to look into the election, hasn't he? What did he say all election about strategy? YOU DON'T BROADCAST TO YOUR ENEMIES WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Let me ask you something. Has anyone seen anyone like Podesta, or Clapper, or any of the cabal tweet anything positive about Mueller's investigation today? No, they are dead cold silent because they just fucking figured out what's going on.

Even Trumps angry tweets about Sessions were a ruse. The tweets about "Do something!" have been a ruse. The whole fucking thing has been a ruse so Mueller could investigate in peace.

Anyway, everything i just said is pure speculation, and may be completely wrong. So, just take it all with a grain of salt and come up with your own opinions and conclusions.

Much to think about.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Three points.
First, maybe don't use such a definitive title for something that is pure speculation.
Second... why? Not only does this benefit no one, but it is helping to completely derail Trumps agenda. Why go through all the subterfuge for no real gain?
Third, we've already seen multiple members of the Trump administration resign or reject appointments due to Russian connections. Papadopoulos confessed.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Except purportedly the mainstream media, who have been lying and accepting any leaker they can who wandered in off the street?

Aaand, I'm out. The media does not do this (the actual journalists); they may make the occasional mistake but everything is heavily verified before being reported. You might as well be screaming Fake News if you believe what you wrote, and the rest of your speculative post is coloured by this.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Is the OP proof that Russia has infiltrated Resetera? Manafort resigned because a major story broke about his work in Ukraine. I believe the NYTimes broke the story and he resigned soon after. The rest of the OP is pure nonsense too.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the definitive part is that Muellers investigation is now centered around Tony Podesta, as AP is reporting.

and Vin Weber, a former GOP congressman and leader of his own high-powered lobbying firm, Mercury LLC. The two men were hired as part of a multimillion-dollar lobbying effort directed by Manafort and longtime associate Rick Gates.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Mods, what do you do about this kind of wild speculation headed by a deceptively declarative headline? I suspect in the old place the headline would have been altered to more accurately describe the content of the original post.

OP
OP
Areyis

Areyis

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think you know what the word "centered" means.

The article says the following:

"At the center of the widening probe are Tony Podesta, a longtime Democratic operative, and Vin Weber, a former GOP congressman and leader of his own high-powered lobbying firm, Mercury LLC. The two men were hired as part of a multimillion-dollar lobbying effort directed by Manafort and longtime associate Rick Gates"

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

"At the center of the widening probe are Tony Podesta, a longtime Democratic operative, and Vin Weber, a former GOP congressman and leader of his own high-powered lobbying firm, Mercury LLC. The two men were hired as part of a multimillion-dollar lobbying effort directed by Manafort and longtime associate Rick Gates"

Funny how you left out the GOP former Congressman in your headline....

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP next time you post something like this you should add a speculation warning before the title.

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
So Mueller is investigating Podesta and Weber and Mercury LLC for their lobbying in D.C. because they were hired by... Manafort and Rick Gates. This is not the same thing that you're positing at all OP.

Oct 25, 2017
OP you had a good point to make as far as the Podesta brothers being implicated in working alongside Manafort on Ukraine projects, like that is clearly not a good look, but the speculation diminishes the point you're making rather than benefiting it.

Hope that helps.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
This reads like concern trolling, there is a fine line between that and gaslighting. I've seen a lot of trolls online do it, but I'm sure your motives are sound OP

Oct 25, 2017
There are many active investigations going on, the one concerning Manafort is now looking into Podesta. If you notice at the end of the article is says there is another investigation. Basically man you went for a click bait title.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

Two separate people from different parties linked by the people Muller is investigating for their Russian criminal interests.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Woof. Didn't expect to be taken on such a ride when I clicked on this thread. Been a while since I've seen a full blown "Trump is playing 12th dimensional chess" theory.

OP
OP
Areyis

Areyis

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mueller certainly could if he wanted to do but there is no evidence to back up your claims.

Well, people are focusing a bit more on my speculation than I had intended.

I was hoping the discussion would be about the article itself overall. It's correct that everything I said doesn't have basis in fact.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg

Except purportedly the mainstream media, who have been lying and accepting any leaker they can who wandered in off the street?

Let me ask you something. Has anyone seen anyone like Podesta, or Clapper, or any of the cabal tweet anything positive about Mueller's investigation today?

The whole fucking thing has been a ruse so Mueller could investigate in peace.
Boy this reads like T_d fanfic or 4chan conspiritard ramblings. I hope you have more than "feelings" to go on with this stuff. I see no reason to doubt the legitimacy of Meuller's investigation or the reporting surrounding it. Can you give an example of one "leaker" that the MSM interviewed directly "off the street"?

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Did you get this from 4chan?

Because they've been spreading the same fan fiction around. Of course, it only started being spread once Manafort was indicted. Up until then they hated Mueller.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Let me ask you something. Has anyone seen anyone like Podesta, or Clapper, or any of the cabal tweet anything positive about Mueller's investigation today? No, they are dead cold silent because they just fucking figured out what's going on.

I don't think Clapper has a Twitter account, and even if he did, the lack of tweets about this subject wouldn't be any indication of guilt or innocence. The same goes for Podesta.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Hey OP, interesting theory. But be sure to include that this is your speculation in the title next time.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Well, people are focusing a bit more on my speculation than I had intended.

I was hoping the discussion would be about the article itself overall. It's correct that everything I said doesn't have basis in fact.
Wat.

You didn't even discuss the article in your OP. You posted a link, a giant picture of Manafort, and then the rest of your post is your speculation.

I'm starting to think you're not on the level, sir!

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I believe that they never needed to be hacked because they were leaked from an insider to wikileaks.

I believe that insider was Seth Rich.
The CIA, NSA, FBI and DNI all think that the Russians hacked the DNC and released the emails to wikileaks.
https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

You have anything to back your Set Rich conspiracy theory that law enforcement and every credible news outlet that looked into it debunked and that the his family specifically begged people to stop spreading, adding, in their words, that "there's a very special place in hell for people that would use the memory of a murder victim in order to pursue a political agenda"?

Status
Not open for further replies.