• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and he's... back to streaming acting like nothing happened:

unknown.png

I'd unfollow but that requires me getting into the actual stream to do so. I'll wait till his stream ends to do so...

EDIT: Lord, I just saw how many viewers he has too.... He normally has a lot but this is... a bit more than usual.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I missed this thread initially. Whole thing is so vile and disgusting. I unfollowed him on twitter and Twitch and don't care to ever watch him. I really never did anyway and always thought he was a bit of a tool at GDQ events but this is just too much.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BTW, is there any word exactly on why he's back so quickly? Would expect something like this would at least get him a month ban, as I believe that's what happened when people like Trihex were banned for saying the f-word (as in, the homophobic slur). How'd he get off so lightly with like just a week ban in the fist place? Any word on that?

Not that it matters. Whole thing is frustrating regardless, that people like this can be given such a light slap on the wrist and be back like nothing happened, regardless of the reason.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BTW, is there any word exactly on why he's back so quickly? Would expect something like this would at least get him a month ban, as I believe that's what happened when people like Trihex were banned for saying the f-word (as in, the homophobic slur). How'd he get off so lightly with like just a week ban in the fist place? Any word on that?

Not that it matters. Whole thing is frustrating regardless, that people like this can be given such a light slap on the wrist and be back like nothing happened, regardless of the reason.

As we've seen with PDP white dudes always get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to racism.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah and he's... back to streaming acting like nothing happened:

unknown.png

I'd unfollow but that requires me getting into the actual stream to do so. I'll wait till his stream ends to do so...

EDIT: Lord, I just saw how many viewers he has too.... He normally has a lot but this is... a bit more than usual.
That right there is why he won't change. He's going to get more viewers than ever because of this. He's getting rewarded for being a scumbag.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Dude was always a fucking douchebag with his bro culture shit

This to the nth degree. Of all of the topics that I wasn't able to comment on due to being snapped, this one was the one I was looking forward to the most.

Caleb always rubbed me the wrong way with his undue narcissism, BRO demeanour and general behaviour. It was not even the slightest bit surprising to me to learn he is an insufferable racist cunt as he already had the insufferable cunt Schtick on lock down.

Unfortunately, he is relatively popular and generates revenue for twitch from donations and subs so it doesn't surprise me that they would let him back after a slap on the wrist. When the platform stands to benefit, you shouldn't be surprised that they would do the risk calculus and decide that keeping him around isn't worse than banning him.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel someone should atleast put this here so, Calebhart has actually made sweeping changes to both his chat and the discord to out right ban/remove racist and toxic people from the community now. From the little amount of the stream that I saw from the VOD atleast he came off as sincere with his apology saying that he regretted what he said admitted that he fucked up, constantly apologized through out the whole stream for saying what he said. All and all he came off as someone who actually realized what he did was not ok and that by doing it he hurt people and for doing that he apologized. I'll link the VOD of it bellow it all starts around the start of it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/415961000?t=00h07m32s

He still did something that is just full tilt fucked up and he should have never did it but if he is coming at us honest with his apology and is telling the truth about changing maybe it's worth it to wait a bit and see if he goes straight back to his old ways. I will also add that I am in no way excusing him for what he said personally it always and I do mean ALWAYS irks the ever living hell out of me when ever I see a white person attempting to be hip and just casually using the N word around me even if they end it with out the hard R. And the transphobia bullshit that he allowed to happen should have never been allowed to start. With all that said I am willing to give him just One chance to prove that he is a better person then what he came off as.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Firstly, fuck that dude, deserves his ban.

Also second guy has nothing to do with it. You can't really ban him for passiveness.

Tarikbrother

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
It's not enough. Twitch should take their money back from those shitheads. Twitch should right into there TOS that if you use racist/sexist or other dumb slurs, all the money you own the platform the money you earned on it.

That would give them a lesson.

Why should all those dickheads care about what they say online if they're rich anyway ? They're in for money and most of those high-tier streamer are already rich once they hit a certain level of famous. Hit them at the wallet harder Twitch, you're not even trying.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Let this bitch make his money and appeal to the shittier parts of Twitch.

Let him address toxicity and actually do something to make a positive change, that's all on him.

Twitch don't give a fuck because he makes money FOR them.

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
Already back from suspension in the span of what, 4 days? What a joke.

More proof that the only reason hate speech is forbidden in their guidelines is just for plausible deniability. A slur here or there is a slap on the wrist. As long as people keep their hardcore bigotry somewhat discreet, they're fine.

Props to CLG though for dropping his dumb ass.

Last edited:

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
According to Caleb himself he is banned from submitting speedruns to future Games Done Quick (GDQ) marathons.

His popularity didn't take a hit though as he recently hit over 5k subs on Twitch which according to him is the most subs he has ever had. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

184ffa03d0.png

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's certainly not surprising he's racist, but I am always taken aback whenever people who luck into being able to stream videogames for a living can't do the bare minimum to protect their job. Imagine being told you can work from home by playing Mega Man X all day with the only condition being you can't do anything overtly racist on stream and STILL fucking that up lmao.
Yep. It's incredible how basic social norms are impossible for some people.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His popularity didn't take a hit though as he recently hit over 5k subs on Twitch which according to him is the most subs he has ever had. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not surprised. "A fool and his money are soon parted" and as the crowd funding for the Trump wall showed us the alt-right is full of fools.

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017

As a mod for trihex, I can say his ban was a week. Trihex is close to Twitch and they banned him a week ban rather than a 30 day (which is suppose to be the norm now for this type of thing) Just came here to clarify that 'cause there seems to be misinformation about the length of trihex's ban. Consistency for Twitch is basically non existence, they ban some people for no reason, others for small things, don't ban people cause they are bigger, etc. It is basically the idea if you have connection with Twitch you will likely get leniency (not defending anyone here just giving my thoughts on how Twitch runs things and has forever)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
May be banned from submitting to GDQ but uh the folks at Guardian Con apparently see no problem putting him in their marathon! This is completely disappointing to me. For those unaware they raised like 2.5 million dollars during this marathon last year. It was enough to fund St. Jude's for a single day.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I saw FF7 picking up activity on twitch, no doubt thanks to the remake stuff at E3. I noticed this guy has the most popular channel... he seems to on a consistent basis when it comes to FF7 and he plays it a lot. He is absolutely insufferable and has a sickening personality; Twitch sucks for continuing to enable him. What a disgrace to a gaming classic.