• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So I am pretty much done with the more realistic BR genre and thought I was kinda done with BR in general, but honestly, this looks fantastic and wasn't aware of it at all until today, they have an Alpha Signup as well.

What I really like is that depending what your primary and secondary spells are, your attacks have different effects.
88324e56fdf248ba37faf7d12ad18c0b.png

Kinda hope this game does have traditional PvP too, because the combat looks legit fun.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
Botw in that the particle effects are slightly cell shaded and the characters have hoods?

Looks cool, though. Would love to see them really push the spell concept.

Fanta

May 27, 2018
I've always thought that BOTW is a good basis for a BR game, especially due to its reactive and dynamic world. Eventide Island is pretty much that almost, just super condensed.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I'd play this. Wonder if its going to come to consoles at some point. Visually its taking a lot of cues from BOTW, not a bad thing.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, headline made me think they were doing a limited durability melee weapon BR.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It does look to take a lot of inspiration from botw. I'll give it a shot!

Damn, headline made me think they were doing a limited durability melee weapon BR.

Damn, that does sound good. I'd love a physics based medieval sequence BR that focused on melee, and/or with Demons Souls like combat to a degree.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
What a waste of good art. They could've made something special with that talent.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Looks pretty fun. I kinda like how fast it is too. Signed up for the alpha!

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really don't see the BotW characteristics outside of cell-shading which I'd argue is more Dragon Ball like.

I gotta say that looks like a ton of fun. It works well with the BR sense because it's all skillshot spells which look great for impact but I wonder how you can tie the BR styling of dropping 100 players in to fight. Main task is figuring out why players would start with nothing and build up, are the spells found in the world?

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I'm usually not interested in the whole Battle Royale as a genre.

But having the players be wizards who launch all kinds of spells left and right?

Sign me up and inject it in my veins.

Maybe I'll have a computer that can run it by the time it comes out.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Defiantly in for the wizardry. Video looks interesting.
Thanks for the heads up OP.

ynthrepic

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite is more freeform and sandboxy than even BOTW so i figured this would be doing something like that. The spell combinations seem more like Divinity: Original Sin

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Comparing it to BOTW seems like a really blatant, "I need to directly compare this to a popular game" type of thread. BOTW isn't the first nor the last game to have physics play a big part or to incorporate a toon shader.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've played this a couple of times. The graphics and visual style are really nice, and do look kind of like how BOTW would look if it were designed for PC hardware

Are we really going to call every cel shaded game moving forward BoTW inspired?

No, but this game does have a similar overall visual style as BOTW.

Ni No Kuni 2 as a recent example is cel shaded and does not remind me of BOTW the way this does.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Damn, those are two things I very much dislike, it's like this game is begging for my disdain.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it might be a good base game for waterbenders, airbenders, firebenders, etc.