• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fudo Myo

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know how often it goes on sale, but I'd say it definitely is if you like roguelikes and platformers.

It's $14.99 USD, and you get the PS4. PS3, and Vita versions for one price. It NEVER goes on sale. I've been waiting so I can buy the Vita version (I've played it on Steam). But this thread is making me bite the bullet and just buy it full price. It's totally worth it.

And OP, I fully agree, it's the most "video-gamey" of video game perfection that I've ever seen. I think Journey and Inside are the only two other games that could be called perfect.

For me it's how Spelunky's systems all mesh together like cog wheels to create perfect gameplay, all while being randomised. It's an incredible achievement and an experience you can only have in a video game. Timeless classic.

I kind of don't want 2, I think it can only be a disappointment. How do you top perfection?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised there still isn't a Switch port of this when just about every other indie game of the last decade has been. I would quintuple dip on that day 0. Switch will never be the GOAT handheld until this happens.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm surprised there still isn't a Switch port of this when just about every other indie game of the last decade has been. I would quintuple dip on that day 0. Switch will never be the GOAT handheld until this happens.

Yeah. Switch needs a port of both Spelunky, and FTL. I'd buy both day one.

I'm not port begging: I've bought the Steam, 360 and PSN versions of Spelunky already.