• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
California
First game EVER.

"You may have noticed that our most recent trailers feature the Marvel flipbook logo at the beginning," James Stevenson, community director at Insomniac Games pointed out during a pre-release play session with Marvel's Spider-Man. "It's the first time ever that a Marvel video game has been given permission to use that logo. When you see that Marvel flipbook, it's like a seal of quality. That's when you kind of get the chills and think, 'this is a Marvel experience. This is a blockbuster experience.'"

"When we showed the game at E3 this year," Stevenson continued, "the response we got from the Marvel guys was funny. The main person in New York who looks after all the video stuff for Marvel said, 'I don't even like video games, but that was f*$#king awesome! I'm going to have to get a PS4 so I can play this.' That was the first time we realised that even the people in Marvel were thinking, 'wow, this is something special.'"

http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/insomniacs-spider-man-first-game-to-earn-marvels-seal-of-approval

Job well done, Insomniac!

Last edited:

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if they will cut in games across all platforms in the future (barring there are other exclusives like Spider-Man).

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I just really hope they continue to make more triple A marvel games, hopefully avengers lives up to the standard this game appears to be setting.

Great for the team.

Inb4 marvel vs capcom sadness

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this the first game of their new initiative anyway? The entire intent of which was to make games like this.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I wonder if this greenlights more Marvel games to consoles? I hope so, because I miss me some good(ish) Marvel games that aren't just Lego or MVC.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad that Marvel allowed for a single-player only game. I hope there are more to come in the future although I doubt it since no third party is going to do it. At least we can hope on a sequel.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Do you guys think Insomniac will go right to work on a sequel?
I think Marvel will want to follow up since Spider-Man looks like it'll a pretty huge success.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
After the way they treated Gazillion idk if Marvel should be putting seals of approvals on any of their products lmfao

Like I'm fairly sure the X-Men Legends games and Wolverine had it too

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I think Marvel will want to follow up since Spider-Man looks like it'll a pretty huge success.
Pretty sure there was an interview already along the lines of that Insomniac will be responsible for the next few Spidey games. Maybe somebody can post a link.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018

I really hope they can expand and work on a sequel immediately and also work on a sequel/remake/whatever Ratchet and Clank game in the vein of the last one they made.
IIRC, Ratchet and Clank 2016 was made in a short amount of time on a small budget but was their most successful R&C game so I really hope we get more.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to see them inject a few more marvel characters over time.

See Ironman in the sky or doc strange portal somewhere .

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
That second quote!! <3 So happy for Insomniac! You guys deserve all the success and happiness!

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

There is zero chance a sequel isn't already well into pre-production. Hell, if they use the same engine and really want to pump them out, I could see a sequel in as little as two years.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel & Capcom have to rectify the mess that was MVC:I, MVC4 will do just fine.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Probably, though I'm not entirely sure what they can do with a sequel, aside from new bosses. I mean. Maybe I'm just not very imaginative.

I haven't played the game but several reviews made it sound like the story was a good set up for sequels.

There is zero chance a sequel isn't already well into pre-production. Hell, if they use the same engine and really want to pump them out, I could see a sequel in as little as two years.
I would assume they will target next gen. Maybe 2021.