• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Like if it was a prequel they would probably have announced it already, or made it obvious from the first trailer since it would be something Marvel would want to show.

I think it's nice that this is the epilogue. Since the first one had the chitauri tech angle, and this one seems to have that one as well it would be nice if FFH just wraps that story up at the end. Thanos, the chitauri etc. wrapped up this phase. All new stuff phase 4.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
there's absolutely no way they're killing the lead actor of their biggest movies

??

5klq1iu.png

nP574uK.png

tRquzWH.png

He hasn't been their only big draw in a while, and the newcomers are starting to trounce Iron Man's entries. They will do fine without RDJ.

Not that I want him gone.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Civil War is definitely Iron Man movie in big way. Both Iron man and Cap movie i would say rest is just cameo

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
As a big fan of the MCU all I can say is this whole "Phase" business is just nonsense.

I think it's more for them. It would help with organizing and planning the movies, making sure things sync up.

It's something that the DC movies would benefit from.
Sticking to my theory that it's secretly a prequel to Infinity War and the final scene will be in the school bus when Thanos attacks NY.
But they are in a bus heading away from New York, not back to New York.

Maybe they were going on the trip during IW (going to the airport?). But obviously, it gets cancelled and all that shit happens.
They come back and try to return to normal life which means they get to go on that trip now.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Because like many people have stated in this thread, if you actually watch Infinity War and pay attention to the dialog spoken by the characters in the movie, the bus was going to the MOMA (Museum of Modern Art) in NYC, not the airport.

Who pays attention to movies these days?!?

/s

Yea I missed that. Peter goes on a lot of field trips doesn't he?

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
If Tony dies having FFH be about how Spidey moves on from that trauma it would be the perfect epilogue to the phase

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh. Huh. Well, that seems to make more sense and I like that. I found it a bit strange that we knew all this about Far From Home but absolutely nothing else about Phase 4 and post-Endgame in general.

Makes me even more curious about what's gonna happen at the end of Endgame...

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Because like many people have stated in this thread, if you actually watch Infinity War and pay attention to the dialog spoken by the characters in the movie, the bus was going to the MOMA (Museum of Modern Art) in NYC, not the airport.

Is there info out there saying that not a second of Far From Home takes place in NYC?

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
You know what's crazy? Thanos' threat is milder than Malekith's, who would have ended the universe with a single Infinity stone. To think this guy is the MCU's most dangerous villain.

5872203-1130891703-50104.jpg
Is that what Malekith was trying to do? Ive seen that movie twice and still didnt get it. All I understood was that he wanted to make the universe....... dark? I assumed because it made for better living conditions for *dark* elves?

But I guess he was just trying to end it all? So he was just evil and that's it?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I still think Civil War would have made a fitting end for Phase 2, not that it really matters

OP
OP
Ukumio

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Is that what Malekith was trying to do? Ive seen that movie twice and still didnt get it. All I understood was that he wanted to make the universe....... dark? I assumed because it made for better living conditions for *dark* elves?

But I guess he was just trying to end it all? So he was just evil and that's it?
From what I vaguely remember, the Dark Elves came from before there was light (life?) in the universe and was trying to revert it back to that stage because he believed life was better back then. Or maybe the Dark Elves were from before there was even a universe. I don't even remember how Thor stopped him, was it by crashing his own ship into him? I watched this film 2 weeks ago. I should know this.

I'm so glad their isn't an exam for MCU because Thor: The Dark World would just ruin me.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can you explain this sarcastic response cause I don't get it or how it has any connection to what I said...

Haha it's just a bit of fun, I hope it didn't come off as too mean. Basically you're saying what if they were going to a field trip...the day after their overseas trip? Never heard of a school that would do that, c'mon. It's just completely unnecessary to try to slot Far from Home before Infinity War.

They've said explicitly time and again Far from Home takes place after Infinity War. There's no reason to keep theorizing how the movie is actually secretly a prequel to Infinity War as much as there is reason to theorize Infinity War is secretly a prequel to Iron Man.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
that what Malekith was trying to do? Ive seen that movie twice and still didnt get it. All I understood was that he wanted to make the universe....... dark? I assumed because it made for better living conditions for *dark* elves?
I guess using the reality stone to make everything look dark, and without the light, stuff die.