• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sooooo it's maybe a stretch but now that we know Shang Chi is happening...the character does have ties to the British Secret Service.

Or let's go nuts and throw Captain Britain in the mix. (Or is he stuck waiting for Fox rights to revert?)

Please let both happen! Good way to intro Shang especially, but of course that'd mean they'd have to have already cast him.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
So Mysterio is going to be a reject who wants to be a super hero so creates the Elementals via illusion?

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
Mysterio costume is just perfection

0Tjo0aF.gif

I can't wait to see this.

Ronin1138

Banned
Jan 10, 2019
The people who are pretending to be surprised and saying "Wait if this is set after infinity war isn't this a huge spoiler" are the most blatant concern trolls I have ever seen.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I'm into Jake as Mysterio, but this feels standard marvel. I enjoyed the first somewhat and really like Holland as Peter.

Not feeling enthusiastic is all; also they're sure going back to the well with the "haha attractive aunt May" jokes eh?

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Not feeling enthusiastic is all; also they're sure going back to the well with the "haha attractive aunt May" jokes eh?

I don't really know if it can be considered a joke at this point. Aunt May is an attractive 50+ year old woman and her relationship with Happy is going to side plot of the film.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
So Mysterio is going to be a reject who wants to be a super hero so creates the Elementals via illusion?

If they can keep this shit under wraps through the promos it'll be a great twist, most people don't know shit about Mysterio. I'm expecting the last act to be in NY with Spidey facing off againt him + probably Scorpion.

Also probably an Oscorp tease at some point.

Venom's success has me worried about the future of these movies though. Marvel has put in work with Holland as Spidey and it really needs to keep going.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Looking at how the trailer was pieced together, it seems Fury comes to see Peter after his encounter with Mysterio and the water monster. When the kids are back at their hotel watching the footage on TV, Ned is wearing the same clothes as when he and Peter are entering their room and Fury tranqs him. Also seems like the rock monster is in Italy as well judging by the signage around Fury and Hill.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but I'm just sitting here watching the trailer like should they really be showing this trailer before Avengers: Endgame given the situation at the end of IW. I know the movie were announced prior to IW and all but still. Nice trailer tho.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I'm sorry but I'm just sitting here watching the trailer like should they really be showing this trailer before Avengers: Endgame given the situation at the end of IW. I know the movie were announced prior to IW and all but still. Nice trailer tho.

It's not something you should worry or think about, at all. If anyone thought these characters who all disappeared in a multi billion dollar movie, who most of them each pull in multi millions/near a billion by themselves were going to stay dead then I have a bridge to sell them.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's not something you should worry or think about, at all. If anyone thought these characters who all disappeared in a multi billion dollar movie, who most of them each pull in multi millions/near a billion by themselves were going to stay dead then I have a bridge to sell them.
It just doesn't seem right to me honestly but whatever they did it and I'm just a random guy here posting an opinion.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Why are people still saying this is set before Infinity War? It's already been confirmed that it's after.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only reason I would think they might have changed this film to be before infinity war is because of his spider suit. If they brought him back and this was after, wouldnt he be in the iron spider suit? Since hes not, it makes me think they actually decided to make this before

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only reason I would think they might have changed this film to be before infinity war is because of his spider suit. If they brought him back and this was after, wouldnt he be in the iron spider suit? Since hes not, it makes me think they actually decided to make this before

From a meta perspective, the suit's clearly just a one-time thing for the battle against Thanos.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.

I think it is safe to say that once the Thanos stuff and being in space ends, he ditches it to return to the regular suit. He didn't want it originally.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man pulls his punches. It would be kind of overkill to make the Iron-Spider a regular suit.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It comes out this July. They literally have no choice, and anyone's feelings about it are irrelevant.

Also, if anyone thinks there's an actual possibility of there not being another Spider-man or Black Panther, that's just foolishness.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Mysterio's powers give me Doctor Strange vibes, with all the triangles and circles in his beams. I wonder if they will connect him to Doctor Strange in any way with his backstory in this.

I can't believe how good he looks on film though, so awesome.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Mysterio's powers give me Doctor Strange vibes, with all the triangles and circles in his beams. I wonder if they will connect him to Doctor Strange in any way with his backstory in this.

I can't believe how good he looks on film though, so awesome.

They'll have Strange show up only to show that Mysterio isn't using anything other than illusions and trickery.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I feel like putting it before Endgame would work against the film more personally, as the story might feel trivial in the grand scheme of things
especially when you take into account how the MCU has grown over time, building upon each movie.

Thought the trailer was absolutely excellent and I love the Holland spidey to death.
Homecoming was a fun movie, and I give it mad respect for making the goddamn Vulture an actual menacing, interesting villain.