• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
wow i didn't think it was true because having a high schooler deal with the problems that would come with that revelation would be too wild. i'm thinking they're gonna pull something along the lines of showing multiple videos of people in the spidey suit and say mysterios video was a fake in a future movie. i just don't see marvel going all the way with this story with peter in the mcu.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Maybe I misinterpreted the scene but to me it looked Fury was telling people to go back to work once he left the holoroom.

You're not. Talos calls him and says "I hope your mission is going well", and then when Fury hangs up on him he gets up and says "Everybody back to work!"

So he's doing something big with the Skulls in space.

wow i didn't think it was true because having a high schooler deal with the problems that would come with that revelation would be too wild. i'm thinking they're gonna pull something along the lines of showing multiple videos of people in the spidey suit and say mysterios video was a fake in a future movie. i just don't see marvel going all the way with this story with peter in the mcu.

Looking back at Homecoming and the first PCS, Scorpion wanting to know who he is to slit his throat and put his head in a dryer kind of hints towards them setting something like this up. Now Spider-Man 3 can begin with Peter on the run from Scorpion and his henchmen before introducing the big villain of the movie.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You know, even if I know some spoilers, I don't care, I think the experience will be worth it. It's not the same as in Endgame where I recognize some of the enjoyement of the movie would have been even more if I didn't knew certain stuff. I can't wait next friday to watch this.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
My take on Fury is that, he's building a S.W.O.R.D. space station, because IIRC there's no Avengers team post Endgame. At least not one that we know of right now.We can only speculate if some of our favorite heroes actually formed a new team or not or if they have just some agreement to come together if world needs them, so Fury may take things into his own hands and build a 'suit of armor' around the world with defence space station(s).

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
My take on Fury is that, he's building a S.W.O.R.D. space station, because IIRC there's no Avengers team post Endgame. At least not one that we know of right now.We can only speculate if some of our favorite heroes actually formed a new team or not or if they have just some agreement to come together if world needs them, so Fury may take things into his own hands and build a 'suit of armor' around the world with defence space station(s).

If true, then that's the first Fox thing in the MCU.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
One of my co-workers said that he thought he caught a "potential" FF tease in the mid credits scene. He said that when Peter and MJ land, there is a construction sign behind them that says, "Coming in 1, 2, 3, ?" or something to that effect. I brought up the point that it could also just mean Phase 4.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
One of my co-workers said that he thought he caught a "potential" FF tease in the mid credits scene. He said that when Peter and MJ land, there is a construction sign behind them that says, "Coming in 1, 2, 3, ?" or something to that effect. I brought up the point that it could also just mean Phase 4.

Or it's just a construction sign that was there in New York the day they were filming.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I'm inclined to believe that more than anything.

That's all it was:
tom-holland-zendaya-nyc-grand-central-spider-man-07.jpg

tom-holland-zendaya-nyc-grand-central-spider-man-01.jpg

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
My first thought was SWORD too. I was hoping for Brand to show up.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Can't see it until the 7th, but it makes my blood boil that Mysterio seems to be a one-off.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So there is no multiverse?
Elementals are just illusions
And why is Nick in the Skrull spaceship?

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I can see Talos becoming a villain, although not necessarily an evil one but, if it's not Talos, then maybe his daughter? Just reveal her name is Veranke and you're set.

I'm pretty sure that's what her scenes in the movie were supposed to be setting up. There were an off a lot of takes of her face when humans or Kree were doing shitty things.

I actually predict that she will be a villain in the next one that will take place in more modern times and that her dad will be a voice of reason and also that her relationship with Monica might be the one thing to keep her from going completely over the edge.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
So there is no multiverse?
Elementals are just illusions
And why is Nick in the Skrull spaceship?

Disclaimer: haven't yet seen this film.

Quentin Beck's story is fake, but obviously Marvel has an extensive multiverse which may (or conceivably may not) feature in future stories of the MCU. Quentin fakes the Elementals. He's a dodgy former Stark employee.

Nick is essentially on an exchange holiday in space. It seems to be a bit vague, according to viewer impressions so far, but Talos is standing in for Nick while Nick is supposed to be overseeing some obscure space-based project for Talos.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Disclaimer: haven't yet seen this film.

Quentin Beck's story is fake, but obviously Marvel has an extensive multiverse which may (or conceivably may not) feature in future stories of the MCU. Quentin fakes the Elementals. He's a dodgy former Stark employee.

Nick is essentially on an exchange holiday in space. It seems to be a bit vague, according to viewer impressions so far, but Talos is standing in for Nick while Nick is supposed to be overseeing some obscure space-based project for Talos.

Since people aren't sure about the second post credit scene, here's the exact scene as it plays out.

Maria Hill and Nick Fury are driving in a car. Hill shapeshifts into Soren and Fury into Talos.

Soren: "You gotta tell him."
Talos: "It was fiiiiine. The little boy handled it. We helped..."
Soren: "Talos!"
Talos: "Come off it. How was I supposed to know the whole thing was fake? I mean that was all very very convincing, you know? The performances, the illusion, that costume; the craftsmanship in that. I mean it's just embarrassing for a shapeshifter. Fine."

Talos calls someone on the phone.

Talos: "Hey there I hope your mission is going well. We gave the glasses to Parker about a week ago like you said. And, uh that's very touching you know. Really, really quite touching. "
Soren: "Talos."
Talos: "And uh, you know, shortly after that everything kind of went off the rails and so we need you to come back. 'Cause everyone kept asking where the Avengers are and I don't know what to say to that so you're lucky..."

Fury hangs up the FaceTime and it looks like he's lounging on a beach. He's not, it's just a video wall in a little room on a giant Skrull ship. He gets up, he's in a t-shirt and barefoot, claps his hands and says "Everybody back to work" then walks to a huge open area where it looks like a space station or something in space is being built and says "Who's got my shoes?"

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Since people aren't sure about the second post credit scene, here's the exact scene as it plays out.

Maria Hill and Nick Fury are driving in a car. Hill shapeshifts into Soren and Fury into Talos.

Soren: "You gotta tell him."
Talos: "It was fiiiiine. The little boy handled it. We helped..."
Soren: "Talos!"
Talos: "Come off it. How was I supposed to know the whole thing was fake? I mean that was all very very convincing, you know? The performances, the illusion, that costume; the craftsmanship in that. I mean it's just embarrassing for a shapeshifter. Fine."

Talos calls someone on the phone.

Talos: "Hey there I hope your mission is going well. We gave the glasses to Parker about a week ago like you said. And, uh that's very touching you know. Really, really quite touching. "
Soren: "Talos."
Talos: "And uh, you know, shortly after that everything kind of went off the rails and so we need you to come back. 'Cause everyone kept asking where the Avengers are and I don't know what to say to that so you're lucky..."

Fury hangs up the FaceTime and it looks like he's lounging on a beach. He's not, it's just a video wall in a little room on a giant Skrull ship. He gets up, he's in a t-shirt and barefoot, claps his hands and says "Everybody back to work" then walks to a huge open area where it looks like a space station or something in space is being built and says "Who's got my shoes?"

That's totally SWORD.

I also love this contextualizes the "do not invoke her name" scene.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
How does the MJ and Peter story play out? Is it effective, sweet, etc? They looked beautifully nerdy and awkward in the mid credits sequence.

Also: how does the snap get mentioned other than Beck?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Haven't seen the movie yet, IDGAF about spoilers and I'm glad I don't. If that post credit scene is leading to Secret Invasion for Phase 4 and later on Dark Reign, then things are going exactly as I hoped. Good lord please let this be their plans.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
Looking back at Homecoming and the first PCS, Scorpion wanting to know who he is to slit his throat and put his head in a dryer kind of hints towards them setting something like this up. Now Spider-Man 3 can begin with Peter on the run from Scorpion and his henchmen before introducing the big villain of the movie.
actually looking back at homecoming is also why i thought it wasn't true. it kind of removes the importance of that post credit scene. having only the vulture know his true identity could have been played as an interesting plot point and had a good payoff. now that scene doesn't matter because everyone, including scorpion, knows his identity. also i dont think peter will be on the run because his friends and family will definitely be targets and he can't just abandon them. idk we will see how it plays out i guess.

I really don't like Mysterio dying without a fair hint that it's another illusion - because you know, it's fucking Mysterio.

On the other hand they damn well better make Mysterio faking his death and returning the first big "oh my god, we saw him die!" moment for the MCU. If ANYONE should come back after a seemingly 100% confirmed death, it's Mysterio.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I really don't like Mysterio dying without a fair hint that it's another illusion - because you know, it's fucking Mysterio.

On the other hand they damn well better make Mysterio faking his death and returning the first big "oh my god, we saw him die!" moment for the MCU. If ANYONE should come back after a seemingly 100% confirmed death, it's Mysterio.

Didn't Loki have a habit of dying and coming back? I don't think this is at all taboo in the MCU, and it's par for the course in a lot of genre fiction including comic books.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
One cute point that was mentioned in a review is that from the point of view of the schoolkids and others who were taken by the snap, this was just a blink of an eye in which everybody else aged by five years. They refer to it as the blip.

Okay I like that a lot although now my adult and dark mind is imagining all the family who died of natural causes or worse, killed themselves in grief over what happened.