• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't fully understand the Asian dude. The HS news segment said people who blipped came back as if they were never gone. Why was this blipped dude ripped? Was it just an unsolved mystery?

Also, there was the HS footage of people returning to the exact same spot as they blipped from, but was the before and after both a pep rally? I cant remember now but it made it seem like they were never gone.
They talked about how everyone who got snapped came back the same way, which was weird to the people who were snapped because little kids (like that Asian guy) were now 5 years older. He was, like, 11 or something and now he's 16-ish.

The footage was of some kind of pep rally that was being recorded when the snapped happened and then 5 years later they were playing a basketball game, that was also being recorded, and people popped back in the middle of the court because that's where they were five years prior.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had this exact thought lol
8AqagHc.gif

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Are you talking about Brad? He wasn't snapped lol, he used to be younger than Peter, but in the 5 years he was gone he hit puberty and what not and is now Peter's age.
Man that's what I thought but I distinctly remember Ned saying along the lines of "how did he come back ripped after being blipped" and it got me confused

They talked about how everyone who got snapped came back the same way, which was weird to the people who were snapped because little kids (like that Asian guy) were now 5 years older. He was, like, 11 or something and now he's 16-ish.

The footage was of some kind of pep rally that was being recorded when the snapped happened and then 5 years later they were playing a basketball game, that was also being recorded, and people popped back in the middle of the court because that's where they were five years prior.
I'll need to rewatch that scene with Ned. I swear he says Brad was blipped..must be mistaken.

Ah it was a basketball game. The cut to it was so quick I thought it was like seconds apart in their time. Gracias

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
I don't fully understand the Asian dude. The HS news segment said people who blipped came back as if they were never gone. Why was this blipped dude ripped? Was it just an unsolved mystery?

Also, there was the HS footage of people returning to the exact same spot as they blipped from, but was the before and after both a pep rally? I cant remember now but it made it seem like they were never gone.
He is ripped for joke purposes to be gag rival to Peter against MJ.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017

I recall people saying this might have been the case prior to FFH coming out.
So with this actually being what happened, when people blipped back, would they still be in the cars (airplanes, boats, etc locations) or just in the previous location ie. falling to their deaths or blipping back on the highway etc?
Did Marvel ever comment on that?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think he has a line where he suggests his writer helped "create" Quentin Beck. It's not 100% confirmation, but it would solve the nitpick I've seen others complain about that Nick Fury/Talos should have been able to learn about the real Quentin Beck's history from their universe working for Tony Star on hologram tech. If Beck is essentially a fictional character all around, it would at least make it a bit more plausible that his fictional biography wouldn't get holes punched in it right away.

No, no, no. He still has the same face, the same fingerprints.
Giving a fake name is amateur hour shit.

Beck being clean-shaven during the BARF demo means that he too grew a blip beard stay woke

The BARF demo was two years before the first snap.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
So with this actually being what happened, when people blipped back, would they still be in the cars (airplanes, boats, etc locations) or just in the previous location ie. falling to their deaths or blipping back on the highway etc?

Don't expect anything substantial, or any details about the Accords (if they exist at all post-Snap). You will, however, get a good glimpse of the Accords in action on Agents of SHIELD.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just rewatched Homecoming. It's so much worse compared to Far From Home. Might be one of the worst Spiderman movies on rewatch.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Homecoming may still be my favorite

I think we can all agree Amazing Spider-Man 2 is the worst right?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I remember actually liking SM3 a lot when I was younger, and while it's not a good movie it has a lot more going for it than AS2. It's entertaining, I can remember the Venom theme better than most superhero music, there's moments that are genuinely emotional. AS2 is just awful throughout except for the death of Gwen Stacey, and worse considering the planned direction of the sequel and Peter's father returning.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I was going to say Spidey 3 at least has Peter and Harry versus Sandman and Venom but then it reminded me it also has that terrible news reporter bit and the old butler guy.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Finally caught it and maaaaan was this good* they can make as many Marvel movies as they want so long as they continue to tell stories so well. Please give me more actors the caliber of Jake too.

*SpiderVerse still GOAT Spidey film

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I think the decision to make Spiderman the "heir" to Iron Man is a mistake. I much prefer if Spiderman is his own thing, but now whenever I see Spiderman I see Iron Man lite. I know this movie is trying to establish Peter as a full-fledged avenger but I don't know, it feels like Tony is being brought up every 10 minutes and how Spiderman is going to be the next Iron Man. Blah

I have no interest in a third Spider man film at this point if it's going to be more of the same.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I think the decision to make Spiderman the "heir" to Iron Man is a mistake. I much prefer if Spiderman is his own thing, but now whenever I see Spiderman I see Iron Man lite. I know this movie is trying to establish Peter as a full-fledged avenger but I don't know, it feels like Tony is being brought up every 10 minutes and how Spiderman is going to be the next Iron Man. Blah

I have no interest in a third Spider man film at this point if it's going to be more of the same.

The past Spider-man films are reminiscent of his solo comics, while the MCU films are more like Marvel Team-Up. This is an aspect of Spider-man the films never explored, he teams up with everyone in Marvel. That's true to the character.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
That's something they are never going to flesh out because it's just to complicated, with to many questionmrks. Just expect that many many people died (again) when they bliped back....

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
That's something they are never going to flesh out because it's just to complicated, with to many questionmrks. Just expect that many many people died (again) when they bliped back....

I think Feige handwave it in interview saying that Hulk is much smarter now and will make sure everyone returned safely. So people in plane will probably blip back on the ground or something

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I figured as much. I just remembered that was much discussed issue before EG came out.
I think Feige handwave it in interview saying that Hulk is much smarter now and will make sure everyone returned safely. So people in plane will probably blip back on the ground or something
Somewhere somehow someone will be pleased even with that.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think we can all agree Amazing Spider-Man 2 is the worst right?

Absolutely! Try watching it in the same sense you watch Batman & Robin - it's the same kind of dumb! It can be awesome bad if people wouldn't be so invested in this atm and I believe it will become a movie to remember for this exact reason. It's almost on Catwoman level but actually watchable.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Absolutely! Try watching it in the same sense you watch Batman & Robin - it's the same kind of dumb! It can be awesome bad if people wouldn't be so invested in this atm and I believe it will become a movie to remember for this exact reason. It's almost on Catwoman level but actually watchable.
Yeah it's awful which is a shame because both Garfield and Stone deliver solid performances.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017

Wonder what would have happened if people had blipped back into a position where someone else was standing?

thing.jpg

THErest

Oct 25, 2017

Like, it's something that can easily be handwaved.

Consider that virtually every major time-travel story completely ignores that the Earth, solar system, and whole universe is in constant motion. So, like, in Back to the Future, the DeLorean arriving at the exact same physical space but in another time means that Marty gets stranded in space. Now, feel better about those people snapped from planes and shit.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
The stones aren't dumb
People who blipped out of airplanes were blipped back in safe places
Although the ones that crashed in the planes because the pilot blipped.. well tough titties

I was only kidding!

However, that would have been quite funny "Yes, I'm ali............FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!"

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017

Consider that virtually every major time-travel story completely ignores that the Earth, solar system, and whole universe is in constant motion. So, like, in Back to the Future, the DeLorean arriving at the exact same physical space but in another time means that Marty gets stranded in space. Now, feel better about those people snapped from planes and shit.

18mrr6ewkq1lpjpg.jpg

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah it's awful which is a shame because both Garfield and Stone deliver solid performances.

Yep, that's what's throwing people off. The predecessor wasn't nearly as bad and the main actors and production values are sometimes okay. At least in the beginning. That's what people seem to remember right now - especially with a little bit of cognitive dissonance.

But logic and story in this film were always extremely bad. And I've never seen a hig budget movie missing the marks as much as the Osborne Corb where Harry talks to his secretary. It looks incredibly bad.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
I always assumed when the Hulk snapped to bring everyone back he thought "back safely" when thinking it. So those in airplanes, etc would be placed safely on the ground.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I always assumed when the Hulk snapped to bring everyone back he thought "back safely" when thinking it. So those in airplanes, etc would be placed safely on the ground.

That's the case according to the Endgame writers. Hulk specifically said "everyone goes home" which we can infer means anyone brought back was brought back in a safe place.

The snap back in Far From Home kinda contradicts Endgame, but its easy to let slide because it's just done for a funny joke.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
In the comics the Gauntlet makes you omnipresent/omnipotent and basically god so perhaps in the moment of a snap something similar happens and Banner/Thanos has a degree of perception that allows them to handle all these scenarios.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
In the comics the Gauntlet makes you omnipresent/omnipotent and basically god so perhaps in the moment of a snap something similar happens and Banner/Thanos has a degree of perception that allows them to handle all these scenarios.

Basically yeah. It's shown that Thanos has an out of body experience the moment after his snap with Gamora but no real world time passes. Banner alludes to trying to bring Natasha back during the snap but no time actually passes on Earth, so it's likely that he had time to work with whatever forces were at play to make sure people who were un-dusted didn't just fall from the sky and die instantly, and such.

You could argue the school band and those students were safe in the gym so thats where they came back based on his "wish." Or it just doesnt really matter that much because it's just a silly gag and it doesnt need to break Endgame's internal logic.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017

Wouldn't quantum mechanics start to begin explaining that as plausible?

*shrugs*

Mar 29, 2018
No, no, no. He still has the same face, the same fingerprints.
Giving a fake name is amateur hour shit.
But he showed up out of nowhere as some kind of superhero figure and gave his name from an "alternate Earth" as "Quentin Beck".

It's pretty likely it's not his real name. Either way, SHIELD was being run by two relatively numbskull Skrulls, so they wouldn't necessarily have detected him or run all necessary checks.