• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
S P O I L E R S

PNUgyzw.jpg

S P O I L E R S

Directed by Jon Watts
Written by Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers
Produced by Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal

Tom Holland
as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
Zendaya as Michelle Jones
Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds
Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill
John Favreau as Happy Hogan
Martin Starr as Mr. Harrington
JB Smoove as Mr. Dell
Marisa Tomei as May Parker
Jake Gyllenhaal as Quentin Beck/Mysterio

Original Score by Michael Giacchino

S P O I L E R S

Metacritic:

Rotten Tomatoes: 91%

Critics Consensus
A breezily unpredictable blend of teen romance and superhero action, Spider-Man: Far from Home stylishly sets the stage for the next era of the MCU.

WwRVct5.gif

CLICK HERE FOR SPOILER-FREE DISCUSSION

Last edited:

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
Man blowing spidermans identity like that is nuts, i wonder if he can use the spider suit to disprove it somehow

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They got Jonah right the first time. Glad to see Marvel recognize that, lol.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
It's hilarious that the mid credits scene is going completely overshadow the post credits scene because the post credits scene is huge too but the mid credits scene is just sucking all of the oxygen out of the room.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious how they handle the identity thing (which seems to me like it should be bigger than JJJ). Cue joke about One More Day.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
That Fury is off world somewhere while he has his Skrull pals in a powerful position on Earth. That is pretty significant. Because where the hell is Fury? How long have they been impersonating him and Hill?
Sorry, I haven't seen it yet (come on July 2nd!) but the wiki doesn't state he is off-world - do they mention that he is?
Also, do get to see JJJ or just hear him?

The Wiki is missing the bit where Fury is in space and seems to be building a space station.
Say whaaaaaaaa?

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Man blowing spidermans identity like that is nuts, i wonder if he can use the spider suit to disprove it somehow

I don't get why it's such a big deal. Everybody in the Avengers has a known identity. It's inconvenient for Peter because he's still a high school kid, but the interesting thing is how he deals with challenges.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
That Fury is off world somewhere while he has his Skrull pals in a powerful position on Earth. That is pretty significant. Because where the hell is Fury? How long have they been impersonating him and Hill?
Someone on Reddit stated that the real Nick Fury is shown chilling on holiday. That post-credit scene is not as huge as people make it out to be.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
this seems like the right thread to point out that certain Marvel Studios insider types immediately assumed, and in some cases repeatedly insisted, that Mysterio's origin from the second trailer should be taken at face value and that the multiverse would be a major part of this film. Meanwhile, plenty of folks with no claim to insider knowledge whatsoever watched the trailer and correctly guessed that, Mysterio being a villain, he was lying about being from another universe and that the multiverse would not actually factor in here

I'll also note that certain insiders heavily implied that FFH contained plot developments for the broader MCU so big as to explain why they weren't announcing any future films until SDCC, when in fact nothing that happens in FFH seems likely to be particularly salient to any upcoming Marvel Studios project outside its own sequel (Deadline was correct on this a week or two back, it seems)

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on Reddit stated that the real Nick Fury is shown chilling on holiday. That post-credit scene is not as huge as people make it out to be.
It starts off like he's chilling on the beach when he gets the call from the Skrull on Earth but then shows that the beach is an a holodeck room and he's offworld overseeing something built.

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
With the exception of the big post credits scene (which is admittedly very big), the trailers made the movie seem way more interesting and important than the spoilers suggest.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
He's on vacation on the Skrull ship with Captain Marvel (we don't see her but I think they talk about her). Talos took his identity only for this film, in order to let Fury take some rest. It's just the usual fun post credit scene.
It's not a big deal, it just says that Fury has kept good relationships with the Skrulls during all those years.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
He's on vacation on the Skrull ship with Captain Marvel (we don't see her but I think they talk about her). Talos took his identity only for this film, in order to let Fury take some rest. It's just the usual fun post credit scene.
It's not a big deal, it just says that Fury has kept good relationships with the Skrulls during all those years.

Is that the "big" post credit scene? I don't get whats big about that

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I haven't seen it yet, but just going by descriptions some on here have given about it both here and elsewhere make it seem big. Will be seeing the film Tuesday for full context of it, but at a glance it seems significant.

In the end I am just happy they did my boy Mysterio proud in the film.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I'll also note that certain insiders heavily implied that FFH contained plot developments for the broader MCU so big as to explain why they weren't announcing any future films until SDCC, when in fact nothing that happens in FFH seems likely to be particularly salient to any upcoming Marvel Studios project outside its own sequel
Yeah, some insiders were hinting at Osborn/Oscorp tower being there, that it would lead to Dark Reign lol

Is that the "big" post credit scene? I don't get whats big about that
No, the big one is J Jonah Jameson being played by JK Simmons, Mysterio has sent him a fake montage that shows Spider-Man being the bad guy, and he reveals to the world that Spider-Man is Peter Parker.

The Fury/Skrulls one is the usual second post credit scene that is most of the time more of a joke (the Steve Rogers video in Homecoming, for instance)

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I misinterpreted the scene but to me it looked Fury was telling people to go back to work once he left the holoroom.