• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
mFrCK5P.png

3NuHYkX.png

Last edited by a moderator:

BimmyLee

Oct 30, 2017
Was absolutely incredible. I had so much fun watching this and can't wait to see it again. Best Spider-Man movie.

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
I want to see it but I'm not a fan of the 1000 spidermen/women stuff, should I still go see it or wait for a streaming service to get it?

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been this hyped for a movie since infinity war

Hamlet

Nov 26, 2017
Absolutely adored this film. Was everything I could have hoped for from a Spider-Man film and man the visuals/animation in it are so freaking good.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Only seen the 30 minute preview at conventions (didn't get any advanced preview emails, guess that's because they didn't do them in the UK?) but I loved those 30 minutes. not that much longer to wait now for this.

Oct 25, 2017
I was just going to wait on seeing it but folk saying it is possibly the best Spider-Man movie ever? Fuck it, I'll just go next weekend.

The impressions have been absurdly good for it.

I'm going in with pretty high hopes. I don't want to walk out disappointed. :P

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
I was just going to wait on seeing it but folk saying it is possibly the best Spider-Man movie ever? Fuck it, I'll just go next weekend.

The impressions have been absurdly good for it.

I'm going in with pretty high hopes. I don't want to walk out disappointed. :P
It's pretty good. I could see this one beating out Spiderman 2 to become their favourite. I am going to have to watch Spiderman 2 again if I am to decide which is my favourite.

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty good. I could see this one beating out Spiderman 2 to become their favourite. I am going to have to watch Spiderman 2 again if I am to decide which is my favourite.
Spider-Man 2 is my favorite of the Spider-Man films with a decent sized gap. Going to take a really strong showing for this movie to even be on par with it.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man 2 is my favorite of the Spider-Man films with a decent sized gap. Going to take a really strong showing for this movie to even be on par with it.
Spider-Man 2 is more of a love story that is wrapped around an internal conflict about what it means to be a hero. This one is a coming of age and finding your place in the world story. Target audience is completely different. That's going to be the difference. In terms of actual craft of movie making, they are about on par with each other. Because of the themes explored in each movie, I could see younger audience preferring Spider-verse while the adults preferring Spider-Man 2.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Insanely excited for this movie.

I am curious -- has this spawned any great high-res wallpaper yet? High-res as in 4K, preferably. The art style for this movie REALLY does it for me.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Recommend not watching the trailer above because it has what some might consider minor character spoilers.

I saw it last night and was blown away. My favourite Marvel film ever made. It's really approachable even if you're not a huge Spider-Man fan.

Also, this is one that I'd recommend seeing in a big and loud theatre. It's such a feast for the senses.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
There sure were a lot of "made for the trailer" scenes, right? It's seemed univerally liked so far.

OP
OP
Mr. Sam

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
I was expecting to have take that 100% label off by now but reviews keep coming in and the RT score keeps staying at 100%.

Oct 27, 2017
Question about Peter Parker's depiction in the comics.

Does he just fucking love coffee? Because ever billboard has Peter Parker holding a cup of coffee.

Oct 27, 2017
I posted in a different thread but I guess this is the official thread to talk about this movie?

I saw this last night in a screening. Quick take: It's fantastic.

Hot take: This may very well be....the first genuinely great Spider Man movie. Raimi Spider Man 1 is the only in that series I like, the other two are trash. Haven't bothered with the Garfield series but those are generally considered bad. Homecoming is good but doesn't quite reach beyond that. This movie is leagues ahead of all of them, honestly. It understands Spider Man to the degree the others just never really did. Further, it understands each individual Spider Man in their own unique way.

It's kind of a lot visually for me. It's so visually arresting to the point that sometimes I kind of wanted the movie to..........stop.......or slow down. It's throwing so much color at your eyes I was exhausted when I left the theater. Straight up, I've never seen a movie that looks like this. It's so different and I sometimes couldn't understand how it existed. How did Sony will this into existence?

Yeah, it's really great and I hope it is a success. If this is the direction Sony wants to take their Spider Man I'm perfectly happy with it.,

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Please go see this masterpiece so we get more of them. It's not only the best comic book movie of 2018 and the best Spider-man film ever made, it's simply one of the best films of the year PERIOD. Visually, there is no other movie like it. SPA has out-Pixar'd Pixar, so if you've ever cared about animation even a little bit you need to see this on the best screen you can.

superpretend

Oct 26, 2017
Just came back from watching this, I loved it. Beautiful animation, pacing was great, and having all the different Spider-people worked really well.

BojTrek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Serious question, I asked my daughter (13) yesterday... and she thinks Spidey sticks to wall because of the suit.

How does Spiderman stick to walls through the costume and boots or shoes? I liked in the movies that the showed little Velcro looking hooks come out of his finger tip pores.

But how does it stretch through the costume?

YES... I know it is a cartoon/comic character and suspend your beliefs... but I always wondered if it was ever explained.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I am going to see it in about 2ish hours - thanks to an early charity screening at the Vue :D. Can't wait

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For some reason I thought it's only coming out here next week. Turns out it's tomorrow! Didn't see any ads or anything, and there's usually loads for Marvel stuff.

I panicked and went to the website to order it, and for the 9pm showing less than half of the tickets were sold. I have a really bad feeling about how this film is gonna do.
Plus, they're showing it in one of the smaller halls. Never seen that for a Marvel film, fuck.

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I thought it's only coming out here next week. Turns out it's tomorrow! Didn't see any ads or anything, and there's usually loads for Marvel stuff.

I panicked and went to the website to order it, and for the 9pm showing less than half of the tickets were sold. I have a really bad feeling about how this film is gonna do.
Plus, they're showing it in one of the smaller halls. Never seen that for a Marvel film, fuck.

Because it's not the wide release. That's on the 14th

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
I think its on par with Spiderman 2 for me. Hard to say which is better than the other imo.
They executed a lot of stuff I think can only be done via an Animated Movie

Either way, my expectations were pretty high and it exceeded it. Might be one of my favorite animated movies ever.

PROTIP: Make sure you stay for the after credits scene!

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Just watched Spiderverse,it is easily my favourite movie of the year and my favourite Spiderman movie

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Man, this movie has so many fantastic looking scenes. Frankly - this may be controversial but it easily looks better than Disney/Pixar's efforts this year

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Just need to get through the weekend and I'll be in my seat on Monday!