• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
What did

Scorpion say to Miles in Spanish during the fight inside Aunt May's house and what was his response?

So much was going on I didn't even know Miles said anything. Though it was all the Scorpion.
And yeah, I'd like to know this too, if any Spanish speaking ERA people know.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
I would mount pretty much every single frame of this movie as a picture in my house. It was astonishing, I honestly don't think I've ever seen anything like it. And it was witty, funny
they took a bagel!
, emotionally engaging and exciting.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
i loved this movie so much!!

i saw it on saturday and i loved everything about it! might be my favorite movie of the past 10 years. loved the sound design, the art style, the story, and i was SO happy they weren't cracking stupid jokes all the time.
the ominous sound effect that played every time Prowler was on screen was a super cool touch.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
There won't be two Gwens last week because the Gwen that was there last week will now be in the present. That's how time works.

The movie outright refutes this, as well. Gwen specifically states she was thrown into last week. The reactor is established as pulling in people from other dimensions based on genetic samples or whatever. This is demonstrated when they raise the box the second time they activate the reactor to try and pull in Kingpin's family. The Spider-People were specifically pulled in because Goblin jammed Ultimate Spider-Man's face in the beam. The reactor being activated a week earlier and randomly pulling in Spider-Gwen at that time makes no sense, unless Pete was also sticking his face in that beam then, as well.

There was no previous activation of the reactor, some of the effects of the reactor being activated during the Spider-Man incident manifested a week ago, when Gwen showed up.
It could be due to dr octopus, when Gwen got sucked into the portal, she was fighting Dr Octopus, you can see his tentacles.
The spider that bit Miles also have multiverse things in it because when Miles touch it, they had multiverse effect going on for a bit and that is before Spider-Man died.
Right now we don't know for sure where that spider42 come from. Maybe in the sequel they'll expand upon this and there are someone behind the scenes manipulating the multiverse.
[/Spoiler]

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
IT'S NOT!

F2BBm3ga, look at this:

gwentravel.jpg

This is Gwen's personal timeline. She moves through time in her own dimension until the event, at which point she both shifts dimensions and goes back a week, to before the event happened. She then spends the week in Miles's dimension, at which point she catches up to the event.

Gwen technically exists in both dimensions for the week-long period before the event, but this is still her "main" timeline. At no point are there required to be multiple Gwens in Miles's dimension, and there is no additive effect that would result in a pile of Gwens somewhere.

Gwen intersects with the event twice - once when she is moved through time and dimensions, and again when she's there for it actually happening. She is only affected in the first instance, though, and only observes the second. Her personal timeline never overlaps in the same dimension, and after her initial intersection with the event she is no longer required to time travel.

Pros:
  • Gwen flat-out says this is what happened.
  • The reactor pulls people from alternate dimensions based on a sample, and the Spider-Man sample was only provided during the event.
  • The co-director of the movie flat-out says this is what happened.
  • The stuff that happened a week before the event could be construed as fallout from Gwen arriving.
  • We're never explicitly told when the other Spiders arrive - they could have also arrived in a staggered timeline.
Cons:
  • You don't understand what happened and think it's bad writing, so you're substituting your own explanation despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Waste of energy,
i understood what your thoughts are with your first post. Doesnt change the fact i think that plot device is dumb and bad writing. You know, opinions and all that. It would be more sensible if she came through in a previous event like what happened, you know... the one that happened to happen a week prior? Also, it could be argued the reason gwen came thru the earlier event is because she isnt a parker. And all the other ones came thru the one where peter was mushed into it because hes a parker and they are all technically peter or parker.

Last edited:

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Waste of energy,
i understood what your thoughts are with your first post. Doesnt change the fact i think that plot device is dumb and bad writing. You know, opinions and all that. It would be more sensible if she came through in a previous event like what happened, you know... the one that happened to happen a week prior? Also, it could be argued the reason gwen came thru the earlier event is because she isnt a parker. And all the other ones came thru the one where peter was mushed into it because hes a parker and they are all technically peter or parker.

Nah. Spider ham is a spider bitten by a radioactive pig.

He takes the name "porker" because thats the name of the anthropomorphic pig woman who bit him.

Spiders don't actually have names.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
man what an amazing amazing amazing movie. I was blown away. Just wow. Might be one of my most favorite superhero movies, animated or otherwise.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh this was so good, I loved the after credits sequence so much.
not having Miguel in the movie was such a bummer
but then it all came together in the end

Also the animation looks so good in the movie, in the trailers it seemed so choppy but very fluid in movie.
hobo peter and aunt may seeing eachother
was probably the saddest part imo

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
So for someone who wants to get into the Spider-Verse series of comics, would this be the most comprehensive way to go?

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Verse...8&qid=1545083487&sr=8-1&keywords=spider+verse

Spider-Verse works best as a follow up to The Superior Spider Man because Otto and what he does is so central to it.

Superior also Reintroduces Spiderman 2099 to current Marvel continuity, Miguel has a decent chunk of the arc dedicated to him, and Otto lands in 2099 accidentally during the two Superior Spiderman books dedicated to the event.

Chronologically Spider Verse also takes place during a 5 minute gap of missing time that happens during The Superior Spider Man AS WELL AS several weeks after that arc wraps up.

Read that first, or youre going to have a lot of questions.

Last edited:

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Nah. Spider ham is a spider bitten by a radioactive pig.

He takes the name "porker" because thats the name of the anthropomorphic pig woman who bit him.

Spiders don't actually have names.

I was bitten by a spider, just like ya'll.

I'll have you know pigs and humans share like 98% of their DNA and so if you were bitten by radioactive pig, very little would happen. #pigsnotfood

Last edited:

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Got it thanks! So how does a THX-equipped theater fit in there??
THX is a much older certification that applied to audio only. It's Dolby 2D -> iMax 2D -> Misc Premium Formats (4DX, etc) -> THX -> Nothing.

There are 2 exceptions, mentioned after this quote:

Wow didn't know Dolby was better than IMAX for image quality. Huh.

Remember, this is with the exception of the very rare movies shot in 70mm for Tru-iMax domes or 60mm digital for digital iMax 2D. Those are superior to the Dolby adaptation because iMax is their lead platform for audio/video calibration. IE: Infinity War and Endgame should be watched in iMax.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw it again in Dolby Cinema. Still had a great time, but I gotta say the Dolby Cinema was a bit lacking. It wasn't the same one I went to see Schindler's List last week and that one was bigger and had more speakers on the ceiling. Shame it's leaving Dolby Cinema tomorrow otherwise I would go to the other one. I will see this one last time, but in 3D

Oct 27, 2017
THX is a much older certification that applied to audio only. It's Dolby 2D -> iMax 2D -> Misc Premium Formats (4DX, etc) -> THX -> Nothing.

There are 2 exceptions, mentioned after this quote:

Remember, this is with the exception of the very rare movies shot in 70mm for Tru-iMax domes or 60mm digital for digital iMax 2D. Those are superior to the Dolby adaptation because iMax is their lead platform for audio/video calibration. IE: Infinity War and Endgame should be watched in iMax.

Awesome man, thanks so much for elaborating! It helped me figure out why I was confused about Dolby Cinema as we don't yet have a theater in my part of the state that has it. IMAX it is for my second viewing tomorrow then! Thanks again!

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hoping in san francisco ill be able to see it in dolby then, didn't even know that was a thing

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i saw the movie a few days ago, this was the best marvel movie I have ever seen! this was amazing. my only marvel 10 ever. i think it helps how fresh it feels compared to all the other MCU stuff.

Heatster101

Oct 27, 2017
Took my son to see it in 3D on Sunday, we both loved it,the style and animation was simply awesome, up there with the best superhero films

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i can't wait for the artbook and I'm also hoping it has some in-depth discussion of animation techniques and directing because there was some fucking amazing shots and transitions and stuff in this movie

Mechashiva

Jan 7, 2018
Man, freaking AMC. I wanted to add a Dolby viewing after going to IMAX 3d but it was screen sharing with Mortal engines so there's just one showing today at 11:30 and looks like it's dropped from the format tomorrow. Really wanted the Prowler theme to rip across my chair.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, freaking AMC. I wanted to add a Dolby viewing after going to IMAX 3d but it was screen sharing with Mortal engines so there's just one showing today at 11:30 and looks like it's dropped from the format tomorrow. Really wanted the Prowler theme to rip across my chair.

Lol mortal engines is so trash

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Just came from a viewing last night with a friend, going again tomorrow with family. This movie is fucking awesome. Incredible animation, good storyline with compelling characters, over the top action which a Spider-man flick should have. Soundtrack had my head rocking back and forth throughout. Make another one of these pronto and I'm there day zero. Easy 4k/3d bluray purchase when the time comes.

I just checked the production costs, according to Wiki it's $90m. Deserves to make that back ten times over.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I caught this earlier, fun film. Peter and Miles were great, I would have preferred an entire film devoted to those two teaming up.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Finally caught it and what a goddamn amazing movie. Easily one of the best Hero films I've ever seen. Hit ever right now with a perfect balance of subversion/hilarity and heart. It's a movie that definitely respects its audience's intelligence.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Probably one of the best films I've ever seen - straight up. It's not perfect (I feel anime spider girl and spider noir were a bit wasted for one) but in my eyes it is truly a masterpiece. It's funny, charming, brilliantly animated with a dope soundtrack to boot.