• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this earlier today. It was awesome. I think it needed another 5-10 minutes in the middle to be perfect, but it was so great.

Also, Sunflower hit #1 on Spotify today. Hopefully the good word of mouth and the killer soundtrack bring in some people.

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I can't decide between this movie and Infinity War for my movie of the year. The humor was so on point.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
If you think back to the flashback scene, you can see they got their Kongpin inspiration from Daredevil: Love and War.

c20cd349873fe58f5f057a55f2352dfb.jpg
A colorful suit would have suitted the movie quite well, actually.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, not sure if anyone noticed this:

I think 1967 spiderman in the post credits is voiced by david hayter, sounded exactly like snake at times

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Finally saw it. Fucking incredible. Something about the movie kept reminding me of Redline and I fucking loved it. Only tiny gripe I have is Gwen being kind of a romantic interest and Kingpin looking out of place and so cartoony that he wasn't intimidating.

Also, a much better film than Thanos: Infinity War (which I thought was solid).

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Yay, just booked the tickets for my third viewing on Thursday. Gonna see it in 2D this time, and at least I get Dolby Atmos audio.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Saw this earlier today. It was awesome. I think it needed another 5-10 minutes in the middle to be perfect, but it was so great.

Also, Sunflower hit #1 on Spotify today. Hopefully the good word of mouth and the killer soundtrack bring in some people.

Niiiiice, was sharing it everywhere I could the day it came out. Era's dislike of Post Malone means it flew under the radar here but man what a great song, and it's used so well in the movie

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit.

I've stayed out of this thread but I assume Era absolutely loved it? What an amazing movie. Incredible job by everyone involved.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw it. Incredible film. The art was breathtaking and they hit all the right beats on every presentation level (music, VO, style, etc.).

As a big Gwen fan I was always nervous how they'd handle her here and they knocked it out of the park. They got her exactly right as I would have wanted to see her on the screen.

Dec 12, 2017
Best Spider-Man film I have ever seen and it's not even close.

Probably the best comic movie of 2018 and easily in my Top 5 CBMs of all time.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Great movie. One scene I liked in particular was how Noir picked up Peni after the Sp//der gets wrecked; thought it was super adorable. Definitely could've used more fun interactions between the spider people in the movie, but loved the hell out of the entire movie nonetheless.

godofcookery

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, not sure if anyone noticed this:

I think 1967 spiderman in the post credits is voiced by david hayter, sounded exactly like snake at times

I got curious myself, so I tweeted 2 of the directors. let's see what they say!

You think it might be possible they just got the original guy (Paul Soles) for that? He is about 88 years old, and still active in acting.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Not sure if this has been discussed in here yet but the Utah Film Critics' Association named the movie best animated feature as well as Movie. Of. The. Year!

https://www.sltrib.com/artsliving/2018/12/17/utah-film-critics-group/

Hoping it keeps picking up buzz and gets an Oscar nom for the Movie of the Year. Film deserves everything.
That's pretty cool. I truly hope more 3D film studios push for more creative visuals and not stick to the status quo.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok that was awesome and even my mom has a good time. May go see it again this weekend when siblings are in town for Christmas. Also that post credits scene was so awesome(although I had been told there was 2 but there was only one at my theater at least). Oh and that end credits song XD

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
are any theaters in the Los Angeles area playing this in Dolby Cinema this weekend? could it return to a Dolby Cinema later?

it was here last weekend but now everywhere is taken over by Mary Poppins :( boooooooo

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
are any theaters in the Los Angeles area playing this in Dolby Cinema this weekend? could it return to a Dolby Cinema later?

it was here last weekend but now everywhere is taken over by Mary Poppins :( boooooooo

Oh man...just checked my local listings and it's the same here. So glad I was able to watch it last week in Dolby.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Loved this movie.

I'd love to see Lord and Miller/Sony Animation get to do an entire Marvel Animated Cinematic Universe. Maybe as part of the negotiations to keep Spider-Man in the MCU, Marvel could license other characters/properties to Sony for animated movies.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One surprising and inspired reveal in the film has really stuck with me

Olivia Octavius! She's the best! I wanted more of her!

Man, that's one thing that the trailer didn't ruin.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Just returned from the movies. This was amazing!
I noticed there was a song in the movie that I can't find on the official soundtrack? It was an OG Hip Hop song from the 80's or early 90's. I believe it played while Miles was painting the wall.

Can anyone help? I don't believe I can sleep tonight unless I find out :|

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Just returned from the movies. This was amazing!
I noticed there was a song in the movie that I can't find on the official soundtrack? It was an OG Hip Hop song from the 80's or early 90's. I believe it played while Miles was painting the wall.

Can anyone help? I don't believe I can sleep tonight unless I find out :|

It was probably a different song sampling it, but the original is "Apache" by the Incredible Bongo Band:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The real question is when will Sony officially release Spidey Bells(YouTube/iTunes)

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
saw this yesterday

I think it might be the best Spider-Man movie of them all. It's just fantastic.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
One surprising and inspired reveal in the film has really stuck with me

Olivia Octavius! She's the best! I wanted more of her!

Man, that's one thing that the trailer didn't ruin.
Man, when he was like "I'm gonna turn on the charm", it's like this is a terrible idea.
But then it swerves and it's a terrible idea for another reason.

What a fun twist.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cross Post from the other thread.
Just got back from seeing it. What a visual tour de force. Absolutely loved it. Just brimming with energy, vibrancy and fun, and enough of quirky story and take on the world and characters that it still felt fresh.

The character designs, that animation, cinematography, effects, sound track etc, all just delightful and punchy. Don't get me wrong, some of it still had a tiny bit of a been there seen it vibe, and narratively it's still yet another super hero film at the end of the day, but somehow I still walked out feeling like I'd experienced something pretty unique.

Highly recommended. Blu Ray is going to be awesome to re-watch on an OLED with surround sound.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Took my family out to watch it last night.

Fun movie. I'll definitely buy it. My daughter wanted more SpiderGwen

Not the best CBM I've seen this year. But.....probably the best Spider-Man movie

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
Really loved this movie.

The reason I love miles is because I can relate to him in some ways. I also loved a lot of it was a nod to the ultimate universe story. The humor was good as well.

Animation and music choices were on point as well. Buying this on Blu-Ray for sure

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed the
way her tentacles were soft and squishy materials instead of made of metal
Yes!

Took my family out to watch it last night.

Fun movie. I'll definitely buy it. My daughter wanted more SpiderGwen

Not the best CBM I've seen this year. But.....probably the best Spider-Man movie
Idk how it's not the best CBM movie of the year.

The film is so smart and tight and it's actually trying to do completely new things.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I got lucky, the Dolby showing I saw was the last one for AMC as fucking Mary Poppins has replaced all Dolby showings. They axed Dolby for Spiderverse in 1 week, kind of bullshit. They really need to add another room at my theater. They don't even have Aquaman up for Dolby either and I'm stuck with IMAX3D.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
I got lucky, the Dolby showing I saw was the last one for AMC as fucking Mary Poppins has replaced all Dolby showings. They axed Dolby for Spiderverse in 1 week, kind of bullshit. They really need to add another room at my theater. They don't even have Aquaman up for Dolby either and I'm stuck with IMAX3D.

yeah i noticed this.

my only hope is maybe after Mary Poppins weekend they will switch the Dolby screens back to Spiderverse....... ?

because having Spiderverse for only 1 weekend is really bad scheduling on AMC's part.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized on second viewing why the art style was really giving me nostalgia......It definitely seems they took influence from one of my favorite comic book artists Humberto Ramos:
SpiderMen_1_CoverVariant_Ramos.jpg