• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
"Play as Spider-Man Exclusively on PS4"
Source

Disappointing to see that an entire character is probably going to have any sort of exclusivity to one platform. Avengers team was already open to this idea so it wouldn't surprise me.

Edit: they removed it

Last edited:

Minotaur

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I cant see Marvel making their most popular character exclusive to one platform.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
This would be really fucking stupid. I can understand Sony getting him early, but eliminating an entire character from an already limited roster is terrible.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
That`s fine as long as Xbox gets Master Chief./s

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Is this site reliable?

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a temporary exclusive, but not forever.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds fishy. They already have 6 characters for launch plus Hawkeye for post launch.

Maybe its the PS4 Spidey..
Hmmmm

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I really feel like we would know this by now if that was the case but retailers wouldn't put it up for no reason so

That's annoying. I hope it's a short term thing or he is free on PlayStation but money on others

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Not the first time either. Pretty much in the same vein as only being able to play as Aloy in Monster Hunter World for the PS4 version. But they essentially own the character so not surprised.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Will wait and see. Looks abit random on that site on how its posted.
But even thinking it is possible and could happen makes it already bad.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This game seems like it's really lacking characters to begin with before doing something like that. But it feels weird to have not had spiderman shown already, so I could see this happening.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
This sounds like one of those things that stems from the incorrect belief that Sony owns Spider-Man in general.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This would just confirm that I won't buy it on any platform.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
It's still weird watching footage of this game. It's like you're watchting the knockoff dollar store Avengers instead of the real thing

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Don't really see this happening, if Spider-Man is in the game Playstation will probably "only" get an exclusive Insomniac Costume or sth like that.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
This has to be fake.

Spiderman was not exclusive on MvC Infinite and he was available on MUA3 exclusively on Nintendo.

Last edited:

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I thought the reason Marvel started choosing studios on a game to game basis instead of just licensing, was so that all characters could appear in all games?

I actually thought that they were trying to make a Marvel Gaming Universe.

Now, if this rumor is true, would it be Insomniac's Spider-Man, or Crystal Dynamics' rendition of the character?

Also, let's remember that Sony DOESN'T own Spider-Man rights for games. ONLY for movies.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BASE DOT COM UR SOURCE FOR 100 PERCENT REAL LEAKS

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
That doesn't seem like a reliable source at all. Like how do you even find this stuff.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
AbandonedAggravatingBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

(There is no way.)

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they would do this after reiterating like 10 times that there's 6 heroes at launch, all of which we've seen.
Maybe as a dlc character after hawkeye but yeah.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
UK retailers turning into the best insiders in gaming.

Next it'll be news from Game.

"That'll be £79.99 please"

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this were true it'd be being used a preorder incentive far earlier than a month out from launch.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
This game seems like it's really lacking characters to begin with before doing something like that. But it feels weird to have not had spiderman shown already, so I could see this happening.
You're kidding, right? With the way the game seems to work, levelling and gearing each up individually, there seems to be a wealth of characters to go at from the start. We'll know pretty soon when we get 4 to explore in the beta.

Could well just be a skin from the ps4 game though, seems more plausible.

That doesn't seem like a reliable source at all. Like how do you even find this stuff.
Base have the cheapest copy of Avengers, there won't be a shortage of people looking at that page. I don't recall any previous instances of purposefully misleading game info from them.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Maybe a situation where spiderman is free on Playstation but is a DLC on other platforms. Would be a bad idea to do something like that. Games roster isn't that big in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.