• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
This is the quality of bullshot you could expect from games over the last decade.

Not of a next-gen game. If they wanted to bullshot you, they could go much further.
On top of that, what exactly looks "bullshottish"? I mean, this is a next gen game from a console magnitudes stronger than its predecessor. This should look that good.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
unknown.png
Your post was a joke post, right? Alex is German, we dont have a sense of humour.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
On top of that, what exactly looks "bullshottish"? I mean, this is a next gen game from a console magnitudes stronger than its predecessor. This should look that good.

resolution of ray tracing looks pretty high. In realtime you'd perhaps expect a lower res - like you would for shadows or reflections generally. So could be 'in engine' but with enough time allowed to have the main character at full detail and the reflection to render at full res too

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man is one of my favorite PS4 games so yeah, I'm thinking this will make a lovely launch title.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
It looks great, but if I have to do any more bird catching I'm going to be pissed. The main game in the original was a lot of fun, but I felt that the required side quests (side quests should always be optional) really irritated me.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty, hopefully it still looks pretty in the 60fps mode. Not a fan of the super low res to get 60fps from both mid gen consoles currently.

Mula

Banned
Jan 18, 2019
Because of ray tracing, it looks like things are being reflected that are hidden by his body. Not 100% sure. Ray tracing has been confirmed by the developer anyway

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Puddles with SSR ✅
Shadow casting vehicle light ❌

I am disappoint. I will chalk this up to the artistic composition for the shot but here is hoping that we do get some shadow casting car lights (even if it is LoD dependent).

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
What I require to see is if building reflections are raytraced. If they are, then it is a day one purchase for me.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
resolution of ray tracing looks pretty high. In realtime you'd perhaps expect a lower res - like you would for shadows or reflections generally. So could be 'in engine' but with enough time allowed to have the main character at full detail and the reflection to render at full res too
Nothing looks like a bullshot to me and that reflection isn't anything so mind blowing that it looks like it can't be done. Coming off of raytracing games on PC, this looks like the progression I'd expect.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Looks so good. Spiderman was one of the best PS4 games and I am looking forward to play the story of miles.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
What I require to see is if building reflections are raytraced. If they are, then it is a day one purchase for me.
I'm struggling to think of any games that used multiple, unique planar reflections in a single scene, even in very controlled, rich conditions like Nate/Elena's house in Uncharted 4.

49996566352_faf9ce65dc_o_d.png

There's a side and rear reflection of the moving characters (at least) in this scene in the trailer.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
The attention to detail the suit has is amazing, even on the PS4 version it had so much details. But this takes it to the next level!

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
Game is going to look great! I feel it will be the Infamous Second Son of this gen and that is great.

The image itself looks like an in-game cutscene. I think the pov and some post processing changes rigt? But overall the quality should be the same.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm struggling to think of any games that used multiple, unique planar reflections in a single scene, even in very controlled, rich conditions like Nate/Elena's house in Uncharted 4.

49996566352_faf9ce65dc_o_d.png

There's a side and rear reflection of the moving characters (at least) in this scene in the trailer.
yeah, you can see the rear reflections more clearly in this gif.

HA11AfY.gif

Aegon approves we can shut down the thread now!
lol

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Good o'll...

[*squints*]

2000x1125 resolution.

That looks excellent, and I believe the IQ based even on that team's current-gen work

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
I'm still curious how big of a game this is. I'm assuming $40 - 12-20 hours. Download only ? Maybe a boxed copy bundled with full spider-man game.