• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

That theme is so good.

unknown.png

Lock if already swinged.

Last edited:

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I keep telling myself that I'm only getting Demon's Souls on release, but damn, I kinda wanna s w i n g.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
love that flail animations where he's still getting used to it lol

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Miles' swinging is fantastic.

Is this PS4 footage, I don't see the reflections in the glass.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Did they say what changes/improvements they've made to swinging? I assume Dualsense feedback will be incorporated at least.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I can't tell if the physics have been tweaked or if the new animations are just fooling me, but swinging looks to be better as far as momentum conservation is concerned. That's good, but swinging seems to still have a lot of the quirks that the original game did, so I'm probably not gonna love it still.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can't tell with the compression - is this 30fps or 60fps gameplay?

Looks great.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Man if that ain't running at 60fps, I truly don't care about frame rates XD
Just keep them locked and smooth.

MrTutty

Jul 7, 2020
Something about this clip gives of PS4 vibes and not PS5. Its probably the PS4 Pro version

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I can't tell if the physics have been tweaked or if the new animations are just fooling me, but swinging looks to be better as far as momentum conservation is concerned. That's good, but swinging seems to still have a lot of the quirks that the original game did, so I'm probably not gonna love it still.

Probably the latter. The physics or lack thereof are still a bit wonky when you freefall and shoot a web at the last second.

HVJdFqa.gif

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish there were more stakes in the swinging. Still, looks more free wheeling as Miles. Great animations.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Few things are more satisfying than swinging across the city in Spidey. I could do it for days. Just give me more of that, new tricks, and new animations, and I'll feel all giddy like a child again.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh hey, Miles' first suit in the Ultimate Universe is in the game. Nice.

And yeah, the theme is great.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Few things are more satisfying than swinging across the city in Spidey. I could do it for days. Just give me more of that, new tricks, and new animations, and I'll feel all giddy like a child again.
Only game where I didn't prefer fast travelling. The swinging is so satifying.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly prefer Peter's more coordinated and elegant swinging.