• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I posted this yesterday, but since the video was removed by the uploader and I had no actual proof, the thread was understandably removed (and apparently deleted now, since the thread doesn't exist anymore?)

Luckily, someone DID mirror the video, so here's the proof. I won't embed the video since it has the spoiler in the title of the video, but here's the link with the relevant part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CntEYnDuDLQ

Call of Duty youtuber Drift0r was interviewing a mocap actor for Black Ops 4, who is also doing mocap work as Rhino. In their discussion on Spider-Man, he accidentally let slip the 6th villain's name...

Doctor Octopus

Hey Marvel, Sony, Insomniac, go easy on the guy. He's excited for the game, as are we!

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I mean .. yeah that's what people were saying during E3 because it naturally makes the most sense with what's happening.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a thread about this yesterday? For some reason I can't find my quotes asking why people are spoiler tagging stuff in a thread about a spoiler.

OP
OP
Falconbox

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Makes me wonder what the Collector's Edition statue is then. Insomniac said that the part of the statue that Spider-Man is perched on is covered up because it's a spoiler, and they even said to not unwrap it until you get far enough along into the game.

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
I think the surprise is which one is it? Although it was obvious with the mechanical parts sound kind of give it a specific character vibe it in the trailer.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man can you imagine if we get a mini

Superior Spider-Man arc and a switch over to miles to save Peter?

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was pretty obvious, I wonder what look they will go for with Doc Oc.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense, it is the Sinister Six, after all.
I mean kinda. Mr. Negative isn't part of the Sinister Six in the comics so that was the main cause of confusion. But Doc Oc made too much sense. Had to be him or one of the Goblins based on how they hyped up the surprise.

OP
OP
Falconbox

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I just really want to see what he looks like.

Not only that, but how they handle a boss fight with him. With the limbs I can imagine some pretty cool stuff, especially with how we can grab trash cans, car doors, etc with L1+R1 during combat. Maybe we'll be able to target specific limbs to try to wrap him up.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man can you imagine if we get a mini

Superior Spider-Man arc and a switch over to miles to save Peter?
And then....

Instead of giving the people of the city hive fives, he's doing asshole shit to them & is totally okay with killing them.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Makes me wonder what the Collector's Edition statue is then. Insomniac said that the part of the statue that Spider-Man is perched on is covered up because it's a spoiler, and they even said to not unwrap it until you get far enough along into the game.

Clever tactic so people don't complain about the shitty statue online close after launch.