• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Just how accurate is brickseek? I always by Sony consoles right as the gen is winding down, been looking to snag this but I'm probably shit out of luck. Maybe next year!

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
It really didn't hit me how mainstream the PS4 has become until today when I had relatives (who are more causal gamers) talk about going out for this bundle and a friend (who doesn't even game, she just watches streams) tell me her sister had gone out and bought one.

I heard my mother, a woman who for my entire childhood, youth and entire adult life until today, called every console a Nintendo actually say the words PlayStation when she noticed a ps symbol sticker I have. I told her that was the most shocking thing I heard they asked how she knew and she goes "I heard about it as saw it on tv,I saw the logo"

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Wish this bundle was in the UK as would of got a second ps4 for my daughter's room. Nevermind. Sony didn't even try this year in UK with their hardware. Xboxs down to £160 quid with 3 games. Ps4 with FIFA or cod is £220 still cheap but no where close.

Oct 27, 2017
Man this thread makes me glad i stuck it out with just the RDR2 Pro Bundle instead of getting this like i planned to. I expected these to fly off of shelves, but I didn't expect 'console launch' tier chaos.
I got both with the intention of selling the Pro since all I have is a 1080p TV. After using both, I'll be keeping the Pro. Even on a1080p set, the differences were incredibly apparent.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
So will they be keeping this price and bundle for a while, like until the end of the year? Asking for a friend that missed out even after I gave them ample warning.

Oct 28, 2017
GameStop is still offering free $50 gift cards with most (all?) console purchases I believe. Tempted to grab a switch for myself before the deal is over.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hah welp, that's what they get for taking their time. Showed them the picture of the lady with all the consoles in the 3 carts and it really hit them, now they are ripping and surfing around trying to catch one.

Thanks for letting me know.

Let your friend know there will likely be a Black Ops 4 bundle in December for $249 (the bundle is 100% happening... it's just not confirmed to be $249). Unless Sony does something differently this year, that should be the best deal for the remainder of 2018.

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
Seen a lot of Spider-Man & Minecraft bundles being sold other Xbox bundles not so much switches were in abundance I don't know if everyone who wanted one got one or what cause they were just sitting there at least in my area

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
The Xbox One S 1TB bundle is a great deal too, and much more available.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The 2009 Walmart bundle that had Arkham Asylum + Infamous + The Dark Knight Blu-Ray for $299 was an amazing deal back then, I got that one though I think I ended up paying $399 because I went to the US a couple of weeks after BF. Both were highly acclaimed games from that year, fairly recent and you also got a copy of what probably was the best Superhero movie at the time. Hell, you had the best Batman game and the best Batman movie in one package, I was very excited when the lady at Walmart showed me they had this bundle in stock.

4133957789_55c346d173.jpg

Liabe Brave

Professionally Enhanced
Oct 27, 2017
It's usually almost 1:1, never close to 2-1 in favor of PS4.
Yes, holidays are the only sales bright spot Microsoft can count on. Put it this way: PS4 is overall 15% ahead in the US right now...but for only one holiday has it been that far ahead (2015).

If they have stock could PS4 push 2 million based on that last year #?? I dunno, I'm skeptical.
I agree. Even with sales concentrated into November more than in the past, 2m is a really high bar. I don't think PS4 will get there. (But of course, predicting individual platforms for specific months is a fool's game.)

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I bought that TV and it has great ratings on RTings....

Does it? I can't see a Samsung 6000 series being higher than a 7.5 and unless it's at an 8 or higher it isn't "good". It's a budget TV. If you're gonna buy a Samsung stick with QLED or if you need price a VIZIO.

A Samsung 6000 series isn't worth it. At best I'd buy it for my parents for general use. 8000 series or higher.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Switch is going to have a huge month and a much better November than last year.

PS4 will still come out on top, though.

Depending on Sony's December plans Switch may still have a chance to outsell PlayStation this holiday season.

The Xbox One S 1TB bundle is a great deal too, and much more available.

Technically, those two assessments contradict each other at this point in time.

Last edited:

jeromeSF

Nov 2, 2017
Even with sales concentrated into November more than in the past, 2m is a really high bar. I don't think PS4 will get there. (But of course, predicting individual platforms for specific months is a fool's game.)

It's only a question of shipments. The PS4 was almost sold out before Black Friday starts. The demand was far from fulfilled. They could have sold more than 2 million if they shipped that many units

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, CoD bundle is out next week for $299

Let your friend know there will likely be a Black Ops 4 bundle in December for $249 (the bundle is 100% happening... it's just not confirmed to be $249). Unless Sony does something differently this year, that should be the best deal for the remainder of 2018.

It's ok, it would be for their kid so I wouldn't want to suggest those bundles. They screwed up, $300 and a game is on them. They will learn to ignore these types of tech deals I bet.

I guess I'll tell them about the above deals but tell them to sell or trade the game, but knowing them they will let their 12 year old play those games. Bah oh well it's up to them. Thanks for the info.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got mine. But after transferring data from my old PS4 (500GB), installing Spider-Man (45GB) and downloading Spider-Man's patch (14GB), I still haven't gotten to play the game. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Or just release a new pokemon every year in Nov. That helps too. lol

Depending what happens with revisions and price cuts we could see switches going for $199 next year on top of a new generation of Pokémon. Shit will be insane.

I agree. Even with sales concentrated into November more than in the past, 2m is a really high bar. I don't think PS4 will get there. (But of course, predicting individual platforms for specific months is a fool's game.)

It seems they have more stock than last year by a decent amount so I think it'll be close. They could definitely make 2 million in November with a permanent cut to $199. At this point I'm starting to wonder if that'll ever happen.