• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Tomb Raider doesn't stand a chance. They fucked PS4 owners around last time, the Pro hardcore guys are pissed at no HDR while the X has it, this team's last game, Deux Ex, was half-baked with way more time in the oven, so the chance of it being great is low anyway...

It's going get brutalized.

Are you people serious with post like this one??
WTF...

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Man, I'm seeing people call the boxart ugly and horrible. I realize where I'm at but really? I love it, it's simple and goes beautifully with the blue case.

Think I'm gonna pre order the special edition and just do the same with God of War while I'm at it. What a year it's gonna be even with Days Gone being delayed.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm Spider-man's target audience and I care about DQ. Also it's presumptuous that this won't attract new releases. It's not going to be beating any of the other tentpole titles, but I don't think you should be using past releases as barometer since this is the first mainline release in like 14 years on a console. Also release P5 in April last years did wonders for that title.

Your only in there because Spiderman casts a broad net. Most of the people in that same space don't care about DQ.

DQ's net is much smaller.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Are you people serious with post like this one??
WTF...
39633.jpg

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Box Art should have had an NYC backdrop at least. Ah well

Insanely hype, I don't know how I am able to wait

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Tomb Raider doesn't stand a chance. They fucked PS4 owners around last time, the Pro hardcore guys are pissed at no HDR while the X has it, this team's last game, Deux Ex, was half-baked with way more time in the oven, so the chance of it being great is low anyway...

It's going get brutalized.

...Crystal Dynamics didn't develop Deus Ex, for one.

--

Wow there are some shitty ass posts going on in this thread,

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Square Enix is not dropping 2 titles in September. Either Dragon Quest or Tomb Raider is getting delayed into December.
Why wouldn't they release two games in September, especially when they're in wildly different genres? The only conflict that having both games launch is the fact that SotTR is undoubtedly going get the brunt of Squenix's marketing support by virtue of being a much more expensive game.

Besides, it's not like DQ would do any better in any other month with how little people care about the series in the west, so pushing it closer to a potential KH3 release date only hurts it.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice cover, decent date. Day 0.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Square Enix is not dropping 2 titles in September. Either Dragon Quest or Tomb Raider is getting delayed into December.
I don't think there is big overlap between day 1 Dragon Quest players and day 1 Tomb Raider players. Those two survive. Heck Dragon Quest can survive both Spider-Man and Tomb Raider if it's a good game and marketed accordingly with expectations in check.

Between Tomb Raider and Spider-Man however Tomb Raider might take it hit, at least on the PlayStation side.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes! I think this might be my most anticipated game for fall. Just pre-ordered the CE. In for day goddamn one.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
Is there any chance at all that all 3 games will be successful on PS4? cause for me it seems obvious that at least one of them is going to suffer greatly because of it, and that game is certainly not Spiderman...

Idk, the month seems packed. Personally I will buy Yakuza and spiderman day 1 and maybe will give a chance to DQ.

I will wait one year to get Tome Raider tho.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm seeing people call the boxart ugly and horrible. I realize where I'm at but really? I love it, it's simple and goes beautifully with the blue case.

Think I'm gonna pre order the special edition and just do the same with God of War while I'm at it. What a year it's gonna be even with Days Gone being delayed.
It's lame. The name of the game is just "Spider-Man" and the boxart is just a singular cutout of Spider-man.

It's all just kinda "generic super hero game", with no personality. I don't get it to be honest, but I guess it's for marketing/demographic reasons or something because they don't want to confuse mommy getting the game for little Johnny or something.

Batman Arkham Aslyum had it right... but at the end of the day I don't really care - I'm going to buy this game.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia

This is a comic book series with some of the most iconic comic book covers of all time to it's name alone

This is...pretty generic

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Great release date. I had predicted August but September is perfect. I'm buying that collectors edition, looks too rad to pass on.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Which part of it? I don't care personally, but yes, I think Spider-Man will harm the performance of Shadow, and I think it was going to underperform anyway.

I have to agree with them. They bungled the last Tomb Raider so much with that faux-exclusive BS that it crushed the brand. It's an IP on the decline and if they stick to that release date they're going to be forgotten pretty fast.

https://www.destructoid.com/the-las...ve-combined-for-18-million-sales-475179.phtml

Reboot was released same month as Bioshock: Infinite
ROTTR was released same day with Fallout 4.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
It's lame. The name of the game is just "Spider-Man" and the boxart is just a singular cutout of Spider-man.

It's all just kinda "generic super hero game", with no personality. I don't get it to be honest, but I guess it's for marketing/demographic reasons or something because they don't want to confuse mommy getting the game for little Johnny or something.

Batman Arkham Aslyum had it right... but at the end of the day I don't really care - I'm going to buy this game.
I think it's wise.

It will pop like hell in a shop, and the name makes it clear you don't need to have played any game before it. Batman: Arkham Asylum doesn't immediately point to being a totally fresh series. This is 'Spider-Man', you know this is its own thing.
https://www.destructoid.com/the-las...ve-combined-for-18-million-sales-475179.phtml

Reboot was released same month as Bioshock: Infinite
ROTTR was released same day with Fallout 4.
Did you even read what you posted?

"That's 11 million for Tomb Raider (2013) and almost 7 million for Rise of the Tomb Raider. The latter was likely kneecapped to some degree by a timed-exclusive launch on Xbox One; it released on PC a few months later and on PS4 a full 11 months down the road."

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I love the artbox.
I was fully expecting something similar but with skyscrapers/city skyline instead of all red at the background.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's wise.

It will pop like hell in a shop, and the name makes it clear you don't need to have played any game before it. Batman: Arkham Asylum doesn't immediately point to being a totally fresh series. This is 'Spider-Man', you know this is its own thing.

It does definitely help them with titles for the sequels they obviously have planned, too. "Marvel's Spider-Man 2" is an easier explanation than "Spider-Man: Rise of Electro" or whatever. It helps give them a hard break from the Activision years where every game was unrelated to the last one and they all kind blurred together.

Enazrat

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People calling the boxart ugly are probably fans of that Arkham City Goty boxart.

This is a simple modest well composed art, with a dominant of red which is not common and should contrast with the rest of your librabry. Great boxart I hope they keep it.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Omg around my birthday. This for ps4 and dragon quest for pc. Going to be a fucking awesome fall season for games!

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
OMG i hate pre-order culture but i'm feeling the urge to pre-order this beautiful thing asap...
i need help...

Anyway i'm pretty sure someone said that exactly day and month on the previous thread, that was sneaky af.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas

Perhaps it looks lame to you, but this is going to be a big, bright red end cap or wall at most stores, and it will stand out big time. MCU is huge right now, and a big budget, hyped Spider-Man game will be highly visible and identifiable for both children and parents throughout the Fall and into the Holiday Season. This is a good cover for exactly what it needs to be and do.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Did you even read what you posted?

"That's 11 million for Tomb Raider (2013) and almost 7 million for Rise of the Tomb Raider. The latter was likely kneecapped to some degree by a timed-exclusive launch on Xbox One; it released on PC a few months later and on PS4 a full 11 months down the road."

Yes i did. Point is: the game is still big success even with exclusivity deal.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
People calling the boxart ugly are probably fans of that Arkham City Goty boxart.

This is a simple modest well composed art, with a dominant of red which is not common and should contrast with the rest of your librabry. Great boxart I hope they keep it.

Arkham games are about as visually unique as a concrete wall

This art is an expressionless, cookie-cutout mess for a character like spider-man

Oct 25, 2017

It's just really boring.

Minamilist covers are usually pretty beloved by people, but the boxart for Spiderman just kinda comes of as this weird lazy thing with the red gradient and cutout of spiderman.

Compared to the steelbook, which is this really classy minimalism of the white spider logo.

I get they probably don't want to confuse the general public.... but man that Red gradient BG looks so cheap.

IMO, this is the first time a boxart has made me go "this is aggressively bad".