• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Outlaw Torn

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017
I feel so stupid but I dont see any way to download the remastered version in the store. I bought MM ultimate edition but in the store I only have the option to download MM for PS5 or PS4.
I don't think the remastered version shows up at all in the store. It should be in your game library if you bought the Ultimate Edition. If you see the PS4 version in your library click on it, then select the 3 dots, then select the PS5 version.

i just popped the disc in it's a near 20gb update as it has to download everything. Oh well be worth it for an extra platinum haha
Must be a 500MB update for the digital version and 20GB for the disc.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
I don't think the remastered version shows up at all in the store. It should be in your game library if you bought the Ultimate Edition. If you see the PS4 version in your library click on it, then select the 3 dots, then select the PS5 version.

Of course, I didnt even think about looking in the library, thanks!

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh. Wouldn't mind checking out the remaster for the DLC once I get a PS5, but since I no longer have the PS4 version since it's been removed from PlayStation Now I have no way to upload my save. It would be nice of them to simply provide access to the PS4 versions for these games free of charge in these cases.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Just in time as I just finished Miles Morales.

Related: I was playing Miles Morales when this update came through and my system crashed. It was fine after the reboot and reconfiguration, but I wonder if it's downloads while playing that cause the crashes. Or maybe while a save is uploading.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just 100%'d all the Trophies outside of the two NG+ Trophies over the week. Oh well, it was fun replaying it with the updates graphics.

Apr 11, 2018
Australia
Do I need Playstation plus for this?

Seems it can be done completely using the ps5 only so that's good. Should be able to figure this out tomorrow. This is cool exactly what I needed to buy the remaster.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Just in time as I just finished Miles Morales.

Related: I was playing Miles Morales when this update came through and my system crashed. It was fine after the reboot and reconfiguration, but I wonder if it's downloads while playing that cause the crashes. Or maybe while a save is uploading.
Yeah it probably is. Demon souls crashed while I was downloading ffxv in the background. Is early days in the system ui so I'm not that worried. Missing features and stability come later. Suppose if it was all there day one ppl would moan nothing new in later updates.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, I am updating Spider-Man on PS4 Pro right now. Afterwards I can transfer the savefiles from PS4 Pro to a USB stick, pop that into the PS5, load the save files to PS5 and it should work?

vegtro

Oct 25, 2017
So, I am updating Spider-Man on PS4 Pro right now. Afterwards I can transfer the savefiles from PS4 Pro to a USB stick, pop that into the PS5, load the save files to PS5 and it should work?
Just did it now. You start PS4 SM and you hit a button to upload the file (guessing to some Sony cloud server), then on PS5 SM, you download the file you uploaded.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ha! I was going to just pop the trophies, then I noticed that I deleted my save due to PS+'s annoying limits and Insomniac saying save transfers would not be a thing.

Never mind then.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
How does this work if I already started a save on the PS5 version? Will my uploaded ps4 save just appear on a different safe slot? And can I upload both my 100 percent ps4 save and my ng+ ultimate playthrough save?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, it worked, but it worked strangely and gave me a scare for a sec. When I had uploaded my my save file in Spider-Man on PS4 and went back to the PS5, Spider-Man Remastered was nowhere to be found anymore. Instead a logo for Spider-Man PS4 with a lock next to it was there. Only when I put in the Spider-Man PS4 disc did it unlock and the logo turned into Spider-Man Remastered again. In the game I could now download my save to a second slot. Do I now always have to insert my Spider Man PS4 disc to play Spider-Man Remastered?

OP
OP
Outlaw Torn

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017
How does this work if I already started a save on the PS5 version? Will my uploaded ps4 save just appear on a different safe slot? And can I upload both my 100 percent ps4 save and my ng+ ultimate playthrough save?
You can select which slot the saves download to on PS5 and keep your current save. Multiple saves slots can be transferred, but you need to do them one at a time by uploading on the PS4 version then downloading on the remastered then repeat.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
wait so I need the PS4 version? I platinumed the original but it was on disc and now I have a digital PS5. So I'm fucked? Why can't it just download the game from the cloud? Was looking forward to doing the DLC as although I'd bought that, I never played beyond clearing out the original game

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh. Wouldn't mind checking out the remaster for the DLC once I get a PS5, but since I no longer have the PS4 version since it's been removed from PlayStation Now I have no way to upload my save. It would be nice of them to simply provide access to the PS4 versions for these games free of charge in these cases.

A PS4 'demo' that doesn't let you play the game, only access the save selection screen would be great.

CovFan

Oct 25, 2017
A PS4 'demo' that doesn't let you play the game, only access the save selection screen would be great.
On my PS5 it gives me the option to download the PS4 version so maybe getting Spider-Man Remastered gives you access to the PS4 version on the PS4 as well?

edit// Just checked and this doesn't seem to be the case, apologies.

RayFoxII

Oct 25, 2017
California
Was waiting for this to happen before starting the Remastered game. I never finished the original so I'll probably do that soon before starting MM. It took longer to update the original PS4 game than it did to download the full remastered game on PS5.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
So not all my trophies popped.

I had every trophy for every DLC but annoyingly only 46% of them unlocked on each chapter even though my file reads 100%

EDIT: Nevermind 10 minutes later they popped. Weird

Last edited:

Smidget

Oct 27, 2017
So I no longer have my PS4/PS4 version of the game. I did buy the Ultimate version on the PS5. Can I somehow download the PS4 version of Spider-man and export the save into the PS5 version?

Magio

Apr 14, 2020
Anyone else getting a network error when trying to retrieve their save on the PS5 after uploading it from PS4? It said upload successful on PS4, but on PS5 it keeps giving me a network error and saying it can't get the save I uploaded on PS4.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Very nice, updated the game on my ps4 pro and you just hit a button on the file select screen. Now to wait til payday to pick up Miles!

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Great on the turnaround, but this is incredibly bad timing for me. I just started a new game with a new save yesterday, I'm about 7 hours in and I'm not going to do a NG+ with my old save to get to that point in the story all over again. What a disappointment.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Guess it would probably be easiest for me if I hook up my pro and do it from there. Still have Spider-Man downloaded on there, so I just need to get the patch and upload my save.

jonathanp

Oct 28, 2017
Great news. Going to finish finish off the DLC in BC mode then transfer and do a second playthrough in Ultimate difficulty in the remastered version.