• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you like your puddles?

• The entire game should take place inside a huge puddle

• As big as Insomniac's artists want them to be

• As deep as my knowledge of game development

• I prefer oceans tbh

• Don't go chasing Waterfalls

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
glossy-vs-satin-vs-matte.jpg

Lesson here... always give gamers gloss. Matte is downgrade total.
Unless it's ray tracing. Then it's too expensive and they don't want gloss.

They want fake lighting with tons of specular and blown out contrast.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is if the change results in the game looking worse. Opinions and all that but do you honestly think the release images look as good the E3 version?

Maybe when we see some decent release images to compare we can actually say. The one in the OP is a shitty blurred image.

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
So nobody else is noticing that the lighting and shadowing was changed completely in that scene?

Everyone really thinks this only about a shiny puddle?

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how much the rest of you know about puddle culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it...

Nah.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
glossy-vs-satin-vs-matte.jpg

Lesson here... always give gamers gloss. Matte is downgrade total.

But I loved matte. No fingerprints.

They should make CGI trailers showcasing how there are no fingerprints on shiny surfaces.

I'm fucking baffled this is actually a thing.

DeLete's Law is in effect:

"If a well-perceived product is given to an audience, the audience will point out one specific issue and will make a huge fuss about it."

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, I don't particularly care about how the game looks and even though I'm going to buy Spider-Man, it's not even in my top 3 most anticipated games of this autumn, so I'm not super invested in the discourse, buuuut I do see the downgrade in the picture OP posted. Are my eyes deceiving me?
Yes, dont trust your eyes.

Oct 26, 2017
And people still wonder why CDPR was hesitant to show the Cyberpunk footage. Expect the same BS shortly before that one releases

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Why the fuck is there a meltdown on this site nearly every time we are a week or two away from the release of a big game?

So silly.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well I gotta cancel that preorder. Oh no I took the game on the PSN!

Guess I'll have to have fun with it anyway.

people are stupid.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I... Man, I fucking hate the gaming community. I left Reddit for ERA because I thought it was a much more civil and contained forum, but shit like this still ends up hitting the fan. I wish I had a way to just read gaming news and completely ignore fan opinions and hate bandwagons, but I care too much about gaming to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.