1. Nirolak

Nirolak
    Member OP

I thought this was kind of interesting, since they were only on the multiplayer for Gears of War 4.

That, or this game will have notably cinematic multiplayer modes.

Source: https://careers.splashdamage.com/

You will notice there's several of these types of jobs here.

[​IMG]

They're also doing an Executive Producer position on the game, so they might have a pretty prominent position in development.

[​IMG]

2. Vertpin

Vertpin

Possible E3 announcement?

3. Please no robots!

4. SpinlyLimbs

SpinlyLimbs

That might be neat as it would free up The Coalition to make something else.

5. DarthWalden

DarthWalden

It could be a spin-off of the franchise too couldn't it?

6. Nirolak

Nirolak
    Member OP

Splash Damage is not especially large and is making 4+ games at once, so that seems improbable.

7. Klobrille

Klobrille

I don't think it's Gears of War 5. But that's just me.

8. Moobabe

Moobabe

Interesting

9. Bits N Pieces

Bits N Pieces

Hmmmm. Does this lend any weight to the rumours of The Coalition helping support work on a new Perfect Dark? Or am I adding 2+2 and getting 5?

10. sibarraz

sibarraz

Is weird that they are freeing up the studio that was created to manage the GOW IP.

I hope that they are involved at least, it will be a waste to throw up all the expertise won in GOW4. I loved the game yet know that there was a considerable room for improvement

11. Prine

Prine

Very interesting, so it may add more weight to the idea of Coalition working on more then just Gears.

They're such a talented studio, so i hope this is true.

12. Nirolak

Nirolak
    Member OP

Microsoft said The Coalition is exclusively focused on Gears as of January, so it depends if you believe them.

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/microsoft...with-the-series-but-this-leak-says-otherwise/

13. Do we know what the other games are?

14. Gustaf

Gustaf

DLC for Gear 4? i would hope se, the season pass was a rip off

15. Klobrille

Klobrille

Splash Damage has over 300 devs. Current projects are:
    • (small team) Dirty Bomb support
    • new IP for Wargaming
    • New unknown Gears of War project
    • (small team) Gears of War 4 multiplayer support
    They have 73 open positions. That's a lot!

16. While probably the case, they likely wouldn’t announce anything like them working on a different game in a random interview

17. EightBitNate

EightBitNate

The whole Gears 5 situation is extremely curious.

List of events:

- Leak about The Coalition helping out on Perfect Dark reboot
    - Gears 5 doesn’t seem to be coming soon going by the leaks
    - CG studio that worked on Gears 4 puts out release saying they’re working with The Coalition on a new IP
    - same studio backtracks on these claims
    - Microsoft announces a new Gears is in the works
    - now this

If I had to put money on it, I’d say TC is divided into three teams right now. One is surviving as supplemental dev on a new PD (possibly with Rare at the helm), one is working on a new IP, and one is putting in the groundwork for Gears 5 along with Splash Damage. TC is a very talented developer so I’m pumped for whatever they put out.

18. Nirolak

Nirolak
    Member OP

One is Dirty Bomb, one is a game with Wargaming (World of Tanks) that we believe to be a strategic shooter, and one is a third person survival horror shooter.

The Wargaming partnership is technically for multiple titles, but it's not clear if they're making multiple at the same time.

19. N051DE

N051DE

All I remember this studio is for BRINK. Bought it at launch, it was probably one of my worst experiences in a shooter.

20. Superman2x7

Superman2x7

This, if them making Gears 5 allows the Coalition to do something brand new, that's awesome. Best of both worlds, a new Gears and a new I.P. This E3 is sounding to be pretty amazing. All of the tidbits we're hearing from all these sources is making Microsoft seen like they'r finally getting it. Exciting to be a Microsoft fan again.

21. Nirolak

Nirolak
    Member OP

There's also this:

http://www.files.services/files/359/2017/0915/20170915170002_79513958_en.pdf

22. Duxxy3

Duxxy3

I hope it's Gears Judgment 2 and The Coalition is working on Gears 5.

Because the world needs more Gears.

23. FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

Hopefully it involves an evolution of one of the best modes in Gears:
    OverRun.

24. EightBitNate

EightBitNate

[​IMG]

25. Klobrille

Klobrille

26. Hardvlade

Hardvlade

Amen.

What didn't you like about the DBs? I think it was nice to fight something else besides Locust all the time.

27. Nirolak

Nirolak
    Member OP

"Gears of War Franchise", "Wargaming Partnership", "Dirty Bomb", and "Unannounced Project" are all separately listed on the jobs page, with the last seemingly having the most postings, so it seems to most fit with that.

I can see the argument for Gears though, but I'm not sure that's really a direct revenue generator in the same way, nor likely to come out in 2018.

28. Duxxy3

Duxxy3

Fuck yes Judgment 2. Judgment was my most played Xbox game last year.

29. EightBitNate

EightBitNate

Whatever floats your boat I guess

30. Gears 2 Ultimate plx, would be great for the multiplayer alone. Any reason it would not be this?

31. Carlius

Carlius

seriously..this very much.

32. Frox

Frox

Gears of War Ultimate Collection for X1/PC?

33. Duxxy3

Duxxy3

I don't particularly care about the multiplayer, but yes please.

34. Boring, not satisfying to shoot.

35. Silfer

Silfer

Gears of War 5: Protectors

36. Annihilator

Annihilator

Wait so the guys that made the worst version of horde ever now are going to get a chance to make a terrible campaign now too? Oh boy gears is in trouble if true.

37. Steverulez

Steverulez

Iirc there was a job listing a little while ago which mentioned vehicles in multiplayer. I think it’s a spin off personally

38. Remo Williams

Remo Williams

I loved it as well. I don't understand the hate, frankly, it was a lot of fun with a slightly more arcadey feel, very entertaining optional challenges in every encounter, the best visuals out of all Xbox 360 Gears games, and the superior control scheme (sorry!).

Anyway, I think Nirolak has jumped the gun slightly, perhaps Splash Damage are really working on a Gears spin-off of their own.

39. Nirolak

Nirolak
    Member OP

Someone mentioned in the previous thread that Rod Fergusson said Gears of War 5 would have lots of new gameplay elements now that they proved they could do the basic formula with Gears of War 4, though I don't know where they got that from.

40. Splash Damage has already remade Gears 1. Gears 3 remake? Maybe they are just helping the coalition make Gears 5. I have to believe this game is years out still. I think Gears formula needs to change. The campaign needs a radical new look and feel. I have played all the Gears game I bored with the linear gameplay.

41. Remo Williams

Remo Williams

They did talk about that on a few occasions, like here, for instance:

And I really hope for some more pronounced changes to the Gears formula, Gears 4 definitely felt too familiar overall.

42. Let's go, bring back that ip coalition was working on. The one where you steal shit from people.

43. Xumbrega

Xumbrega

Seems like a spin-off tbh

44. christocolus

christocolus

I hope we actually get a PD game.

45. Sameer Sedlar

Sameer Sedlar

That's interesting.

Maybe Microsoft is going "Sony's" way, letting The Coalition cock up a new IP, hence the need for a strong\big studio to help out The Coalition with Gears of War 5, since they wouldn't be 100% on it.

46. Alexander DeLarge

Alexander DeLarge
    Banned Member

What a waste of their strengths as a studio. Unless they're doing some sort of interesting asymmetrical multiplayer, can't say I'm interested and I love Splash Damage.

47. Whitemex

Whitemex

Worst season pass I've ever purchased

48. Goodacre0081

Goodacre0081

just give me a MP only Gears game. Still have no touched a second of the campaign in Gears 4.

at this point with the lootboxes and MTX they're getting all the map funding they need already.

49. Duxxy3

Duxxy3

Ha! So I'm not the only one.

50. CountAntonius

CountAntonius

They deserve it. Splash damage is a fantastic MP developer. Really wished this was for Wolfenstein though.