• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
EU #Splatfest announcement! Pick a side in-game and join this battle of breakfasts next Saturday at 16:00 CET #Splatoon2

DNNA96GW4AAPAc9.jpg

Takes place on November 4th (and November 5th), starts at 3PM UK Time and 4PM CET, as usual.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/924153784187617280

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is just unfair, especially in Europe. Brits will vote unanimously for warm because their full english breakfasts and no one else will come to bat for cold. Poor Marina :(

Bán

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised at the posts in here... I thought cold breakfast would be more popular.

Don't most people just have cereal or a croissant for breakfast? Personally there's no way I'm cooking in the morning. Give me a pastry and a cold glass of something and I'm good to go.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Why are croissants featured on the cold side?

In all my years living in Paris, I always ate my croissants cold unless I made it right when they were taking them out of the oven. Even then by the time I'd reach my workplace they were cold anyway.

I'll side with cold. I don't like warm breakfasts.

OP
OP
Lite_Agent

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
As someone who rarely eat proper breakfast, not sure what to vote, ha ha. Probably cold, because I'm lazy as hell when it comes to cooking, and cooking in the morning is a big no-no for me.

I'd say they're most often eaten cold, unless you re-heated them, or you had them served to you hot at the hotel or something. Or you were lucky and managed to get one from a recent batch at the baker, freshly out of the oven :D

Toasty

Oct 25, 2017
Sidewinder
Nah cold will win because nobody will pick them but the few that do will always get matches that count. Hot breakfast will always fight hot breakfast.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Cold? What are we a bunch of five-year-olds? I'm going with hot!

I'll side with Marina because I'm trash ;)

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
This might just be Brexit in a Splatfest. The UK is going to heavily lean towards warm breakfasts, but I imagine continental Europe will side with the... continental breakfast.

KJ869

Oct 27, 2017
This game dropped off Hard for me. Lets hope this splatfest gets my interest back to daily sessions

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
you poor Europeans

please tell me Pearl at least raps for you when she wins

Jaffo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rome, Italy
..... What.
Should be Salted vs Sweet breakfast.
And of course sweet breakfast is superior. Mediterranean style

Deleted member 7079

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they knew that Marina has a bigger fanbase so they intentionally booked Pearl into better teams to balance things

Undeniably true at this point. This is ridiculous! Warm will be the biggest landslide yet.

I really wanna play Splatoon 2 again, but I keep getting side tracked into other great Switch games.

Same here. I'll drop in for the Splatfest and some Salmon Run and then get back to my other Switch games I need to finish.

ASS

Oct 27, 2017
In all my years living in Paris, I always ate my croissants cold unless I made it right when they were taking them out of the oven. Even then by the time I'd reach my workplace they were cold anyway.

I'd say they're most often eaten cold, unless you re-heated them, or you had them served to you hot at the hotel or something. Or you were lucky and managed to get one from a recent batch at the baker, freshly out of the oven :D
Can't argue with France.
The few times I've ordered them from cafes they are usually toasted or pressed.
And when I've purchased them packaged (yet freshly baked), they invariably taste stale so I lightly toast them.

Caeda

Oct 25, 2017
Danbury, CT
Warm breakfast all the way. Can't do without my omlettes, pancakes, waffles toast, french toast, and toasted bagels.

Because how are you going to warm them up? They don't fit in the toaster, and the microwave makes things soggy.

Warm croissants are totally better though, just a matter of getting them fresh enough to still be warm.

TCTF Agent

Oct 27, 2017
Warm breakfast takes this one. It's almost like EU keeps giving Pearl the obvious winners but cold breakfasts aren't likely to win (sorry Marina fans).

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Cold will definitely win, the British Splatoon population isn't enough to override all those French people and Italians who love them some continental brekkie.

Oct 25, 2017
No competition. Cereal isnt bad but doesn't hold a candle to sausages, egg, bacon, toast, beans, mushrooms and the other awesome things that come with a fry up in the morning.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ITT: Lots of Brits who've never eaten a continental breakfast.