• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose Your World

• Team Chaos

Votes: 352 44.7%
  • Team Order

Votes: 436 55.3%

• Total voters

Bastables

Dec 3, 2017
This loss for order kinda hurt, especially as usual I forgot that Splatoon 2 being tied to japans week means it ends a day earlier than i thought it would :(

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
Even though Choas won, I don't think Pearl will be the NPC for single-player like Marie was. If the world becomes Post-Apocalyptic, and Pearl is all for that, wouldn't it make more sense that Marina is the one trying to help the player stop that, while Pearl is the 'Villian'?

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Zoe7Y3q.png

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the sisters are still relevant somehow in 3 since oth will be for story mode, and there will be new idols. Maybe judd and mini judd retire or have a different role, and the sisters take over there.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The video reminded me of how dedicated the Splatoon art team was this time around with the Splatfests. I have to give props to the Splatoon art team for doing art for EVERY Splatfest across all 3 regions.

Some of my favorites that weren't in the video (they left the collaboration Splatfest ones out)

800px-Pearl_Fries_Marina_McNuggets.jpg

800px-S2_Splatfest_Official_Promo_Hero_vs_Villain.jpg

800px-S2_Splatfest_Sanrio_Tournament.jpeg

800px-S2_Champion_vs._Challenger_Official_Promo.jpg

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played in a year, but I'd have chosen Chaos, so congratulations for the glorious victory.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't see anything that implies that? I keep seeing people try to ship them and all I see is them being great friends

Plus always thought Pearl was much younger than Marina. Maybe I'm missing something
Pearl is 21, Marina is 18.

Also ther's plenty of hints but here's a few. Both of them have matching pillows of each other's logos, in Japan they have a Senpai-Kohai match up, and Marina has an apartment, but stays with Pearl most of the time, as seen in the Breakfast Splatfest art and in the booklet interview for Octotune (text is fan translated):

1d9a0c0ca129afac9631484e7412c0993a2a5fa5r1-1199-1200v2_hq.jpg

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Chaos won,yey! GG to both team! I really enjoyed those Splatfests, the shifty stations were always the highlights to me and almost all were awesome.
Bridge to Tentaswitchia (yes, I just found out about the names) is probably my favourite.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Seems we're getting a replica of the Splatfest shirt with the ability doubler.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't think we know the full details yet on how splatfest stages in private matches will work aesthetically.

There's an ink color selection menu with several combinations. However i have no idea if this colours can be selected.

And guys, i'd love for Pearl and Marina to have something, but reading vague hints and speculate about that isn't proof of anything and it's not strong representation.

Nintendo would never allow them together as a couple. As much as they like to queer bait and tease shit.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The DJ Octavio mixtape off the Splatoon2 Live in Makuhari CD is a masterpiece. The transitions and use of sound effects is so fucking good.

This should've played after the last Splatfest

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
Edit: oh, this isn't the general OT. Hm...

Good thing Gold and Silver were prominently featured, until now I didn't realise that I had high color contrast enabled for all previous fests (the labels of the option are inverted I think? in French), but thanks to the FinalFest I realised the mistake!

Last edited: