• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose Your World

• Team Chaos

Votes: 352 44.7%
  • Team Order

Votes: 436 55.3%

• Total voters

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
"The Oceans vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither Inkling, nor Octarian... all bends to my will."

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Chaos has some really ominous quotes.

I actually thought Mr. Grizz would be Order.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Anyone have the Pearl Marina chat script on this one? Very interested to see how this could play into S3. Perhaps just story, but imagine if chaos won they implement RNG elements into the matches like random powerups. Order could mean more organization for everything, perhaps even orgs that you can join and stay in permanently.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have the Pearl Marina chat script on this one? Very interested to see how this could play into S3. Perhaps just story, but imagine if chaos won they implement RNG elements into the matches like random powerups. Order could mean more organization for everything, perhaps even orgs that you can join and stay in permanently.

Love that last idea. Having like guilds and stuff. There's so much they can do with the games and the lore.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA

Nintendo you have the best shooter franchise on the market thats selling very well. But it has a terrible account system, terrible chat solution, and would greatly benefit from a split screen implementation. S2 was basically a deluxe port with an expansion. And you're telling me you haven't even STARTED S3? AND you're ending splat fests with nothing fresh in development??? Why not just keep doing Splat Fests until S3 is 6 months out? Splatoon is about STAYING FRESH... Whatever you are working on, it couldn't be better or more important than S3. This is classic Nintendo decision making. /facepalm

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo you have the best shooter franchise on the market thats selling very well. But it has a terrible account system, terrible chat solution, and would greatly benefit from a split screen implementation. S2 was basically a deluxe port with an expansion. And you're telling me you haven't even STARTED S3? AND you're ending splat fests with nothing fresh in development??? Why not just keep doing Splat Fests until S3 is 6 months out? Splatoon is about STAYING FRESH... Whatever you are working on, it couldn't be better or more important than S3. This is classic Nintendo decision making. /facepalm

Uh...they're working on Animal Crossing right now

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Splatoon 2 is more than just Splatoon 1 Deluxe. Either way, they're probably saving Splatoon 3 for the Switch's successor.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Welp dream is dead. Not surprised with Nintendo, hope at least we get a spin off before 3.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018

I guess I'll play some Splatoon 1 to celebrate the beginning of the end.

Will I ever be able to play a multiplayer Nintendo game at the peak of its popularity?

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Aww the special Splatfest shirts sold out on the Nintendo online store. Anyone know if you can buy them somewhere else of if they'll restock?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever you are working on, it couldn't be better or more important than S3. This is classic Nintendo decision making. /facepalm

I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard of animal crossing. It's a 10m+ franchise and literally the best selling game in the 3ds without mario or a Pokémon on the box.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I was wondering when someone would mention the old "Splatoon 2 is just Splatoon 1 Deluxe!" junk again.

Also when are we getting the script leaks for the outcomes?

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They need 2 teams then. Every other major shooter franchise on the market has a dedicated team.
They need more teams then. Splatoon deserves a dedicated team just like every other successful shooter franchise on the market.

Asides from "I want it NOW!", is there any actual reason for them to have a dedicated team? I mean, they do have a dedicated team that's probably working on something Splatoon related but why do they need to give you this game right now? Splatoon 1 had a year off and the hype train didn't die when the sequel was released. Why do franchises need to burn themselves to the ground for short term benefits?

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Asides from "I want it NOW!", is there any actual reason for them to have a dedicated team? I mean, they do have a dedicated team that's probably working on something Splatoon related but why do they need to give you this game right now? Splatoon 1 had a year off and the hype train didn't die when the sequel was released. Why do franchises need to burn themselves to the ground for short term benefits?
Agreed, making Splatoon a yearly o biyearly franchise sounds like a terrible idea to me. Splatoon is not your standard shooter franchise.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
I'm not asking for an annual release like CoD. But I think the franchise success has earned a dedicated team just as Zelda has. Every 3 years would be perfect. 2 years of splat fests. 1 year off. next game (thats been in development for 3 years).

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
For the longest time, I was Team Choas, but I decided at the last second to switch to Order. Not only because of the better aesthetic (Sci-Fi) but also better outfits. The people attached I could go either way with.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If they haven't started development there will be more than 1 year. Is dumb to lose a shooter fanbase this way. Splatoon 2 is one of switch's biggest sellers, it certainly deserves a dedicated team.

But hey, i'm aware of nintendo's practices. If they don't expand they can save money. It's the same shit with pokemon.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they haven't started development there will be more than 1 year. Is dumb to lose a shooter fanbase this way. Splatoon 2 is one of switch's biggest sellers, it certainly deserves a dedicated team.

But hey, i'm aware of nintendo's practices. If they don't expand they can save money. It's the same shit with pokemon.
they don't even make pokemon

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Question. Is it too late to jump in Splatoon?
Even Splatoon 1 still has an active online community after all these years (also take into account the discrepancy between the Wii U and Switch playerbase). You can rest assured that Sp2 online modes will stay VERY healthy at least until some months after they release Sp3.. which is probably gonna take some years based on recent interviews.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Aww the special Splatfest shirts sold out on the Nintendo online store. Anyone know if you can buy them somewhere else of if they'll restock?
Not a chance, Nintendo always does low quantities of things like these and for some awful reason they decided to do it themselves rather than partner with someone like Uniqlo that could actually make decent numbers of them. They sold out in NA in maybe two hours, though they haven't gone on sale in Europe yet...

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Not a chance, Nintendo always does low quantities of things like these and for some awful reason they decided to do it themselves rather than partner with someone like Uniqlo that could actually make decent numbers of them. They sold out in NA in maybe two hours, though they haven't gone on sale in Europe yet...
I am so annoyed they went on sale with no warning, far ahead of when I would have expected them to given they said mid-July and they went on sale on the 9th. The one day I wasn't constantly tied into my Twitter feed! My only hope is that they pulled them down since they went up too early (or they wanted a small batch for people to be able to get them ahead of the Fest?), and they'll put up more once Fest starts tomorrow. They're still available in Japan, and haven't gone up in Europe so..?