• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choose Your World

• Team Chaos

Votes: 352 44.7%
  • Team Order

Votes: 436 55.3%

• Total voters

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Stats are identical between similarly named weapons. What's different are the sub-weapon/special loadouts, which can make a huge difference in how you play even if the main weapon performs identically.
Sub and special weapons are different

Ah, okay. I'm only level 10 so a lot of weapons are still locked for me.

Right now I can buy a Kensa Jr. with Torpedo and Bubble Blower, a Custom Jr. with Autobomb and Ink Storm, and my default Jr. which has Splat Bomb and Ink Armor.

I also have Dualies with Burst Bomb and Tenta Missiles and I just bought a N-Zap '85 with Suction Bombs and Ink Armor and an Octobrush with Autobomb and Inkjets.

Basically trying to get weapons that can cover a lot of ground but also do some splatting of enemies when need be.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Okay, for real, This is amazing, and I appreciate the level of Gravitas that this final event is generating for itself. I'm looking forward to updates on the war with bated breath!

But please, for the love of all that is aquatic,

Decide as soon as possible wether there will be a seperate thread for fan art, or if it'll be compiled here as people find it.

This is a big event, and as such, many people will be provoked to put brush to paper, or pen to pad, to express their feelings while the iron is hot. Let's not squander this opportunity to bring all these expressions together! Either bump the Splatoon Fanart Thread, create another art thread for the Final Splatfest, or feel free to post the art you find in this thread!

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Ah, okay. I'm only level 10 so a lot of weapons are still locked for me.

Right now I can buy a Kensa Jr. with Torpedo and Bubble Blower, a Custom Jr. with Autobomb and Ink Storm, and my default Jr. which has Splat Bomb and Ink Armor.

I also have Dualies with Burst Bomb and Tenta Missiles and I just bought a N-Zap '85 with Suction Bombs and Ink Armor and an Octobrush with Autobomb and Inkjets.

Basically trying to get weapons that can cover a lot of ground but also do some splatting of enemies when need be.
Both the default Jr. and the Custom Jr. are great for beginners. Custom's loadout is particularly good for Turf Wars because Ink Storm gives you lots of points without halting the pace of the game.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
I don't like when I face off against my own team (Chaos V Chaos) breaks the flow of the game. Does it affect anything?

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
More connection errors than completed matches! Yikes, Nintendo, get your shit together!

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd say team Chaos. All people expect for one on my friend list are team Chaos and I got a few Chaos vs Chaos fights already.

I have the exact opposite situation with order. Fifteen people on team order, one on chaos. Given the emotional plea from marina, whereas pearl is just her asshole self, I expect order to be the more popular one.

Had two order v order.mathes too.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
I have the exact opposite situation with order. Fifteen people on team order, one on chaos. Given the emotional plea from marina, whereas pearl is just her asshole self, I expect order to be the more popular one.

Had two order v order.mathes too.
Interesting, plus people here prefer Order as well. Maybe you're right.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Order is order through submission.

Look at the two pieces of Team Order headgear. One is a helmet to brainwash you and the specs add you to the hivemind.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I am really bad at Splatoon. I can barely get a kill with even basic/easy weapons (Splattershot).

I'm using a pro controller, but I just can't aim for shit.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#TeamChaos, burn the system and eat the rich
Pearl: FUCK YEA! EAT THE RICH!

Marina: but Pearl, you're rich

Pearl:
tenor.gif

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Man, I am really bad at Splatoon. I can barely get a kill with even basic/easy weapons (Splattershot).

Mess a bit with sensitivities (for both gyro and the analog) in the fire range. Try to think if the problem is your aim going past the opponent (reduce sens if so) or not reaching them (increase sens). Our preferences change over time too, last year my sens were in the negatives, now I'm at +2.5/3.

And don't forget that you might be getting either outranged or outdamaged. And, well, being outplayed is part of the game too.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

If you haven't already, turn on motion controls and set your preferred sensiblity in the settings.

Also you can just stay a bit behind the front line, ink all free spaces or enemy unguarded zones, charge your special (the inkstorm is pretty usefull if you're doing this kind of job, but anything is good really) and act as a spawn points for your teammates.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still undecided, I'd side with Chaos for rage against the system, but Order has most of my favorite characters

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love Ink Me Up so much, surreal that it's playing here in Splatoon 2.

Also the beginning of the round music...

So good that they used the intro music before the final battle in the Octo Expansion

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I've bought splatoon 2 day one and t his is the first time i'm sinking time into.

What an incredibly fun game holy shit

Played for 3 hours straight and i'll leave it there for today.

Normal mode has been pretty good so far

Got rekt hard in pro mode however LOL. Don't know if i'll keep doing the pro thing

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Soon I will take my Sploosh-o-matic in hand and wipe out the chaos heathens. For Order and a New Age, my squidly and octo brethren!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I've bought splatoon 2 day one and t his is the first time i'm sinking time into.

What an incredibly fun game holy shit

Played for 3 hours straight and i'll leave it there for today.

Normal mode has been pretty good so far

Got rekt hard in pro mode however LOL. Don't know if i'll keep doing the pro thing

It's funny, I bought both 1 and 2 and never really got into either of them but Nintendo has done such a fantastic job with this series and its popularity has skyrocketed so if Nintendo hits a home run with 3 I'm definitely gonna invest more time into it.

Tomita

Oct 25, 2017
So do I need the octo expansion to get the octo tracks in Splatfest? Kept putting off buying it cause I haven't beat the original single player mode yet.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So do I need the octo expansion to get the octo tracks in Splatfest? Kept putting off buying it cause I haven't beat the original single player mode yet.

No it's random. The final shifty station on the last day of the Splatfest will have some spoilers from the expansion though

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
The Order shall prevail against the Chaos heathens. Let Order rule the the direction of the sequel.

Tomita

Oct 25, 2017

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Played up to Champion level and then some.

Had a very rough start with 5 losses in a row, but things started to get a bit better after a while. Still, it feels like the opposing team maybe has the more experienced players than us Team Chaos folks, at least here in Northern European front. Got about a 38% win rate so far with 29 matches. Although, if I were to chalk up the first streak of losses to my own rustiness as I haven't played since Octo Expansion, that number would rise up to around 45%, which is about where it should be - close to 50%.

I'll play more over the weekend. Hopefully the tide of war can be turned. I leveled up and made a lot of money, so I got my hands on some new weapons that I'm looking forward to trying out. Of course it could backfire in the Splarfest since they're weapons I'm not used to using, but oh well, big deal.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
yeah the metallic ink is unreal, it looks like a completely different game and was totally disorienting at first lol...this will be really fun for the next couple days, i like pretty much everything about how they're doing this

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit that title screen.

Holy shit Marina's outfit!

Holy shit this ink hurts my eyes.