• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose Your World

• Team Chaos

Votes: 352 44.7%
  • Team Order

Votes: 436 55.3%

• Total voters

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Is it too late to get the faction-specific pieces of gear? Kinda lame it's only available through the news page.

EDIT: oh, it just showed up for me. It's not in the main news feed, but you can find it if you click on the Splatoon 2 specific feed inside an article.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Is it too late to get the faction-specific pieces of gear? Kinda lame it's only available through the news page.

EDIT: oh, it just showed up for me. It's not in the main news feed, but you can find it if you click on the Splatoon 2 specific feed inside an article.
You also seem to be able to just order it off of people you see in the plaza. At least I just placed orders on 3 pieces that way so I'll know for sure tomorrow!

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Team Order unite! Even my Animal Crossing character is hyped. I'm jealous he was able to snag a Tshirt...

D_y8kcZUEAAprxE

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying revisiting the Shifty Stations, and especially playing the ones I missed the first time around. I almost wish that the normal stages were out of the rotation entirely.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
If it's going to determine the plot of Splatoon 3, where the winner takes over, then I'd rather it be Team Order. It seems a more natural setup for a cyberpunk dystopia game than the reverse, which would be more like Borderlands, and I never gelled with the aesthetic of that game or similar at all (except in Fury Road, anyway).

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Four years later and Moray Towers continues to be poison.

Also with all these connection errors, I'd like to ask all the Wi-Fi players to please wear aluminum foil, so we know who you are.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hello 100x battle, how are you?

What's that? "Do I want free points?" why yes I do! Thank you!

By the way, don't forget that when you win a 10x or 100x battle, go to the TV where you picked your Splatfest team and you can press left or right and get a commemorative photo of your victory.

mjw

Oct 27, 2017
Hello 100x battle, how are you?

What's that? "Do I want free points?" why yes I do! Thank you!

By the way, don't forget that when you win a 10x or 100x battle, go to the TV where you picked your Splatfest team and you can press left or right and get a commemorative photo of your victory.
Speaking of which, I got two 100x battles today. I'm just glad I got to play one of these at the very end, even more so because we managed to take the second game. Would've taken the first one too if not for the last second wipe :/

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God, I'm loosing every game.

Been away from this game too long. It's weird because I'm actually listing in the top 2 of order every time but I can never do enough.

Maybe I just need to warm up.

EDIT: Now I've got it

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what the point of solo and group matchmaking is if you're just gonna pair the groups against solo players

But I guess as Team Chaos that's what I deserve lol

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really feel this could go either way. Specially with the likelihood of 10x and 100x battles.

And fire cannon pearl is mi favorite stage. Hope next splatoon uses more of those other elements on it's stages (rails, cannons, etc).

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Played a few matches earlier, and I'm liking the surprise stage! The cannons are impactful without feeling broken. Also, go #TeamOrder <3

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Was on a four game losing streak for Team Chaos but then for the next hour I won 12 games straight. Felt so good, disconnection errors and map rotations didn't stop my team and I from dominating. Told myself, "I'll quit after the next game, *12-win streak later* yeeeeaaaaahhh!" Made it from Defender 470 to Champion 690.
I also noticed, after being on hiatus from Splatoon 2, that Splatoon 3 needs environmental dangers in the map. The Shifty Station map Chronicles of Rolonium was amazing, the Splatoon 1 reveal trailer had hazards on the map, don't know why more maps don't have more going on aside from ink rails.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And I get my Order Queen at 20/8. And those losses had some abysmally bad teammates. We're talking 0-7, 1-6 in the same game. Freaking sucks one of those losses was a 10x.

This was by far my easiest grind in Splat 2. Sucks to know that it probably won't matter. I don't know what it is but people just walk into the Zink Mini. Play some more tomorrow but want to do more random-only Salmon Run before it ends.

Edit: Since a lot of people seem to be picking Splatoon 2 up again, I might as well share an exercise I found on Reddit that'll help you fine tune your motion settings. Go into the shooting gallery, pick the charger and without moving, charge a shot and aim at the center target in the back. Now close your eyes and using motion only try to hit the dummy to the left with the shot. Doesn't have to be a fast movement, you're just trying to get the game's logic to match your brain's and muscles' sense of movement. If you overshoot the dummy, reduce your sensitivity by 0.5. Undershoot, then increase by 0.5. If you're getting more consistent, try to hit the left dummy on the catwalk and the dummy to the right in front of the ramp as well. If you're still missing a lot after aiming, open your eyes and see how close you are after aiming. I used to be a +5 / +5 only person but doing this exercise I changed motion to -1.5 and my aim has improved A LOT.

Last edited:

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Welp, that's the 4th win streak I killed by sucking, even only winning like 2.

Maybe there's not as many others as I hoped coming back from months off. I'm doing alright, but I left this at the absolute top of my game, and the matchmaking has been very tough because of it.

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
Loving this grand finale! Good Shifty Station stuff and the rotations are on point.

Splatoon has been an unbelievable joy for me since 2017, and before I had a Switch that would have surprised the hell out if me. I am not a big 1st or 3rd person shooter fan but Splatoon's unique gameplay mechanics never get old for me. One of my top 5 GOTG and tied with BotW for my GOTY 2017. Shout outs to all the people I splatted and everyone who stomped me back. Love the playerbase and devs for all the amazing memories. Over 1200 hours of them and counting :D

Have fun splatting, yall!!

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
So who's playing pro?

Me. It's the less frustrating mode for solo players overall. You can feel the unfairness in Normal when playing with randoms against a party of four using voice chat.

Pro also gives you a power level to carry on trying to improve after you've reached King or Queen. It's Ranked for Turf War, basically.

Oct 25, 2017
About halfway to Order King now.
And I won a 10X Battle and made sure to snap it.

Was at Downtown San Diego earlier today and grabbed one of these!
CJTTyRp.jpg

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm having a miserable time so far.

-Nearly every single match against the opposing team, they have 200-300 more Splatfest power and drastically more experience

-People throwing intentionally in 10x matches

-Atrocious lag; getting killed by players who are visibly not even facing me on my screen

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Order! I said order in the court!
uuh.. excuse me judge pigmeat your honour sir.. did you say order in the court?
yes, I said order!
I'll have two gallons of beer please!

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I didn't realize there was an OT for the Splatfest.
Pasting what I just wrote in the Hangouts OT thread:

The ink is gorgeous and hearing Splatoon 1 music really pumped me up. I'm also loving the 4 stages rotation. I wish they would allow at least 3 maps in turf wars for the 5.0 update.
Team Chaos is definitely the popular one. There was a 40 minutes period earlier where we only got mirror matches against other Chaos teams. It was frustrating :/

MyHAYwD.jpg

While I did more than 50 battles, we only lost to team Order 5 times (the rest of our defeats were in mirror fights). So, I'm feeling very confident for team Chaos.

Still not a single 100x battle 🙁, but I participated in three 10x ones (won two of them).

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm performing the best I have in a Splatfest since Baseball vs Soccer, played for a bit yesterday and I'm currently 11-1. Had a huge win streak but the map change ended it :/

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why, but during splatfests I always get matched with the biggest morons imaginable. Kinda ruins the fun for me.
But alas, this is the last one in Splatoon 2, so I have to at least participate

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
lol i got the Grizzco Slosher in 5 of the 6 waves in my first two salmon run rounds......i hope this doesn't keep up; it's fun regardless but that's probably the least exciting one

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a bummer that the only music today is Spicy Calamari Inkantation, I really liked the variety yesterday. I had hoped they would add to the music pool rather than limiting it.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get to play as much yesterday so only having one song today is a bit of a shame. And it seems to only be one tomorrow as well.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, after all the Splatfests I've taken part in, I've experienced a 10x match.