• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Davoid

Jun 15, 2018
I've managed to pull a few tough matches out of the fire.

I'm typically kill focused, so my goal generally is to make sure the enemy team isn't doing much because they're dead.

36063742_10160581703180092_662578892447416320_o.png

This was a really tough match just because of the sheer level unbalance we experienced.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
So I was doing some Splatfest matches and after the second connection unstable message I got a weird black screen with text saying that the Nintendo Switch has had an error or something and that I either need to press the power button to restart the console or hold it for 12 seconds to do a full restart.
It also gave me this error code: 2107-0401

Should I be worried about my console?
What controller were you using? I only get that message when my 8bitdo controller acts weird.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
I think they could improve their matchmaking - it's really frustrating when I as a level 6 get matched with level 42, 79, 54, etc players.

WTH are they thinking?

dyne

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Pulp King reporting in. This was one of the rougher splatfests. I had to basically lose to become King, I only won 3 matches as champion. Suuuper rough matchmaking. I didn't see a single other King or Queen - I know people stop when they get there, but I think it was more extreme this time.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pulp King reporting in. This was one of the rougher splatfests. I had to basically lose to become King, I only won 3 matches as champion. Suuuper rough matchmaking. I didn't see a single other King or Queen - I know people stop when they get there, but I think it was more extreme this time.
As someone who has no idea what you're talking about (first Splatfest), do you mind explaining?

Also, how do i get food tickets and the special gear rewards?

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am getting so many disconnects and have yet to win one match, which is sad considering my record was pretty strong before this.
I keep coming in first or second on the losing side but there is no teamwork at all.

OP
OP

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has no idea what you're talking about (first Splatfest), do you mind explaining?

Also, how do i get food tickets and the special gear rewards?

You probably noticed as you accrue points in the Splatfest, your title changes. Fanboy/girl->fiend->defender->champion->king/queen. Since king/queen is the last title, a lot of people stop there and don't play the splatfest anymore. When the Splatfest is over, depending on your title, you get sea snails (even if you're on the losing team, albeit fewer) that you can use to add slots to equipment without max (3) slots, or to reroll a slot for a new ability.

Food tickets, easiest way is probably playing Salmon Run and getting them via bonuses (each 100 point threshold gets you more bonuses, can be money or ability chunks or tickets, etc), though I think you can also get them via single player/the expansion.

You'll have to specify what you mean by special gear rewards. Each month there's a new piece of equipment you can get only via Salmon Run. There are also pieces you get through single player (one of the hero replicas for completing each stage with the corresponding weapon) and in the expansion by collecting sets of mem cakes.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You probably noticed as you accrue points in the Splatfest, your title changes. Fanboy/girl->fiend->defender->champion->king/queen. Since king/queen is the last title, a lot of people stop there and don't play the splatfest anymore. When the Splatfest is over, depending on your title, you get sea snails (even if you're on the losing team, albeit fewer) that you can use to add slots to equipment without max (3) slots, or to reroll a slot for a new ability.

Food tickets, easiest way is probably playing Salmon Run and getting them via bonuses (each 100 point threshold gets you more bonuses, can be money or ability chunks or tickets, etc), though I think you can also get them via single player/the expansion.

You'll have to specify what you mean by special gear rewards. Each month there's a new piece of equipment you can get only via Salmon Run. There are also pieces you get through single player (one of the hero replicas for completing each stage with the corresponding weapon) and in the expansion by collecting sets of mem cakes.
So what do you get from Splatfests, just snails?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Finally got to No Pulp King!

Now I eagerly await for tomorrow when we find out that Pearl wins like always whenever I seem to choose Marina. /s

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reached Pulp King status. Still feel like playing. This game has a hold on me.

So wait, you can earn food tickets in the single player campaign too?

So what do you get from Splatfests, just snails?

Yes, you get snails which allow you to add slots to your favorite gear. So for example if your favorite sneakers only have one ability slot, you can use snails to add more. You can also use snails to reroll the slots on current gear and swap them for different abilities.

It's also a good opportunity to keep accruing abilities on the Splatfest shirt and scrubbing it in the plaza after filling up all 3 ability slots to get more ability chunks.

Last edited:

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Pulp represent!! Freshly squeezed orange juice is the only way to drink it, and it comes with pulp!

I got really sick of the disconnection today. Almost half of the time I get errors like: couldn't connect to other consoles, among other errors.
And it's not my internet, every other online game I play works flawlessly without fail.
So many games I've finished with 3 members left, most of the time someone disconnects. I've even had games where we ended with 2 people. It really ruins the fun, especially because you know you will lose and it will hurt your Power.

All of this combined made me say "screw this" and I just stopped playing.

Deleted member 6436

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they could improve their matchmaking - it's really frustrating when I as a level 6 get matched with level 42, 79, 54, etc players.

WTH are they thinking?

Level has nothing to do with it. It groups people together based on Splatfest Power, which you get placed with after seven matches. It's actually more accurate than if you just grouped people by level because there are high levels that are bad at the game, and low levels that are really good.

Almost all of my matches today have been against other No-Pulpers, I've been wondering how that gets calculated into the final result.

It doesn't. Mirror matches aren't counted towards the final result. It's just a way to keep matches coming if there's far more people on one team than another.

Uh, what's this now?

If you reroll the sub-abilities on your Splatfest shirt, you keep the ability chunks and can use them on other gear to get abilities in blank spots. It's smart to use any sea snails you have at the end of your Splatfest run to stock up since you won't have the shirt after Splatfest ends.

You can also scrub the shirt for less than it takes to scrub other gear and you get chunks that way, but then you have to grind to unlock abilities on that gear again if you want more and that always seemed like too low a return on the time you have to invest.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Played up to Pulp Defender. That's always as much as I can take of Splatfests.

I hate pulp, but was tired of picking the losing team.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Had a strong run late in the game, though in the last two stage rotations everyone seemed to agree with me that the Custom Dualie Squelchers were a good pick. One match where all of us on my team were at least Dualie Squelchers (hard to remember if they were Custom or not).

I used N-Zap '89, Jet Squelcher, Neo Clash Blaster (surprisingly effective on the rotation with Goby Arena and Camp Triggerfish), and Custom Dualie Squelchers (Custom because this Shifty Station was tailor made for the Ink Cloud)

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played up to Pulp Defender. That's always as much as I can take of Splatfests.

I hate pulp, but was tired of picking the losing team.
Why do they only run the Splatfest for 1 day? I feel like it's too much grind for just one day and it sucks for people who have shit to do. Like, a lot of us are adults without unlimited free time.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I made it champion, do not see myself hitting king with all of the disconnects I have been getting.
Still considering how many no -pulp vs no-pulp matches I have been getting in I think that part is clear
I need to remember to put my friend code in my profile when I take a break

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Juuuust made it to No Pulp King. Really loved the Shifty Station map.

Prepared to lose though lol.

synic

Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Was too busy today to get beyond No-Pulp Champion. Pulp is nasty though. Get a strainer for it.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
No Pulp will probably win popularity so that Pulp can win the other two categories. Like it always seems to happen.

They really have to change the categories or something when it comes to tallying votes.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
why does team no pulp suck so hard? I rush to get to the furthest part of shifty station, I throw a bomb to slow them down/kill anybody chasing me, and then I shoot the switch to lock them out.
however, 75% of the time while I'm off painting I get bum rushed and die, and when I check the map All of the back area was completely painted because everyone else got trashed.

Draconian

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they would do these over a whole weekend instead of one day. I never get a chance to play anything much on Saturdays.

Fury

Nov 21, 2017
Did this shifty station fix the charger imbalance from salt spray? I only ever played on the right side of the map, guessing they mirrored it so it looks like you're on the right no matter what.

I hope this means they'll bring salt spray back. It was my favorite for turf war in splatoon one, aside from the left/right imbalance.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Been a long time since I've played but finished the night as No-Pulp Champion. I miss the days when I never left a splatfest without getting King. I just can't seem to find the time to do it with Splatoon2. That or I get tired of playing on the last bar. Tonight I just didn't have enough time based on when I started playing.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got to mid 2000s in power, but dropped to mid 1900s at the tail end. Still far better than the last Splatfest I did, so I'm happy about that at least. Hopefully I can figure out motion controls by next Splatfest and improve my skill a bit.
I'm more disappointed about being one point away from King before time ran out. :'(

When should we know about the results?

I really wish they would do these over a whole weekend instead of one day. I never get a chance to play anything much on Saturdays.
Yeah, I always work on Saturdays, which really limits my time when it comes to Splatfests. A whole weekend Splatfest would be nicer.

why does team no pulp suck so hard? I rush to get to the furthest part of shifty station, I throw a bomb to slow them down/kill anybody chasing me, and then I shoot the switch to lock them out.
however, 75% of the time while I'm off painting I get bum rushed and die, and when I check the map All of the back area was completely painted because everyone else got trashed.
Are you me? I managed to cover the farthest area only to discover the other team not only recovered their base area, but almost all my team's base area as well. Don't know how my team got choked like that last minute.

Oct 25, 2017
My power was going in and out ALL freaking day so I only got to play after midnight last night and 30 minutes before midnight just now.
It was fun.

I wonder what they're doing with the well received shifty station. I really liked this one in concept, couple things to tweak, but I liked being parallel to the opposition from the start.