• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
This might be a bit of a hail mary, but...has anyone else who happens to still play had any particular issues lately with disconnecting in Splatoon 2 specifically?

Connection problems on my end have been pretty rare through the life of the game, but just in the last couple of days I picked S2 back up again and been playing around in turf wars...except I find I'm running into a lot more "the connection is unstable" disconnects than I've ever had before. Nothing has changed about my internet service in the past couple of years and I haven't encountered unstable connections in other games, which leaves me wondering if something happened to the way Splatoon 2 handles its netcode in the last couple of months or year? I'll lose connection twice in three games, or be able to play through nearly a whole two hour rotation with no issues at all, and nothing seems to indicate why it would or wouldn't be working. It's pissing me off, though.
Unfortunately, I have had no issues and still play pretty regularly.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in a while but damn they really just let you bring the Booyah Bomb into Splat Zones huh?

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Booyah Bomb quickly became my most hated special in all of Splatoon. It needs 570 total damage to kill solely so it doesn't get erased by all the damage up spam that plagues the game, which means it's practically a 0-10 match up for any weapon that doesn't get damage up

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Feels bad to admit it, but one of the biggest reasons I'm looking forward to Splatoon 3 is so I don't have to deal with Booyah Bombs and Sting Rays anymore.

...Hopefully, anyway. They're so strong in certain ranked modes.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
At this point I doubt that Stingray comes back, since the Wail 5.1 is already there to fill a pretty similar role. Booyah Bomb hilariously enough just turned into an Inkstrike but with even less counter-play (while also helping to charge other specials, ugh), so I'm sure there will be something with a similar "big explosion at one point" functionality, but the specifics of how it works might change again. I hope they do change, at least.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
I have just gotten back into this game and the people just standing around not doing anything during matches is really annoying.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Random question for you all. Did Salmon Run update recently? I'm asking because I've played a ton of Salmon and it seems... different now? When I shoot enemies, it makes this sorta high-pitched sound as I collect this mini-eggs. And then the wave transition seems different (faster and the squids make noise when they land).

Here's an example from just now:

And here is a much older clip:

Am I going crazy or does it seem different? Also, is anyone else seeing this? I watched a couple people on Twitch, but they weren't doing it.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just did a couple of rounds but I'm not seeing or hearing anything different. I can hear the different sound in your first clip but it isn't happening on mine. It and the "faster" speed of the wave transition might be because of lag and the game catching up. *shrug*

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just did a couple of rounds but I'm not seeing or hearing anything different. I can hear the different sound in your first clip but it isn't happening on mine. It and the "faster" speed of the wave transition might be because of lag and the game catching up. *shrug*

Thanks for checking. I'll try restarting to see if it's still doing it. The sound is almost like the single player noise, when you're automatically getting those mini-eggs. And it's really strange hearing the Inklings make noise between every wave upon landing. Usually they all land quietly.

I guess I have played too much Salmon Run and the game is telling me it is time for Splatoon 3.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
So I picked this up on sale because I figured it'd be worth it for Octo Expansion alone, and I wanted to get through Octo Canyon first to get accustomed to the controls again.

I know people generally think Canyon is the worst campaign but I'll be interested to see how big the gap is. I'm on the last sector and I'm mostly having a good time but then a lot of the levels drag on and keep forcing me to platform with weapons that feel horribly suited to the task. Like I get that they wanted to get new players up to speed with the various options but goddamn game don't make me do demanding platforming with a minigun. I don't even know why I'm leveling the main gun when the game never lets me use it.