• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Nautilus 47 buff is the TRUTH! I'm feeling confident in bringing this into ranked modes now thanks to the velocity buff :D

wiiucollector

Aug 5, 2018
Germany
Since we only have one new stage left, I do hope we get all the Splatfest maps when they stop those too. Yes, they were not all great, but I haven't enjoyed all the new maps this time as much as I did on Wii U, and so I'd welcome more just to mix it up. I guess they're going for the Mario Kart approach with old stages as I had assumed all the Wii U stages would be coming over.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching streams and I love this new song:

The first 46 seconds, I sleep, but then @ 48 seconds...

HRQ0peZSZi_FtD6ZCfwbradz-T0=.gif

CoconutTank

Oct 25, 2017
X, Y, Z
Kensa washer is super awesome :D this will be the first splashdown kit that I really like and plan to play a lot. I'm not sure of any specific synergies, but fizzies are excellent enablers like curlings are. I don't know if I should put much effort into sweet spotting with fizzies, I'm happy enough with the fast travel I can get with them.

Although washer should probably be played with careful spacing, making sure enemies never close in on you isn't always possible. I've had splashdown bail me out a few times when enemies thought they'd get the jump on me.

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear the new machine kit is good. I look forward to trying it later. I'm sure the original kit will still resign supreme in tower control due to the Stingray, but this might make it viable in some other modes.

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017

After trying out the new Sloshine and Dynamo, the fizzy bomb is absolutely legit. Gonna take some practice to learn the best ways to use it but it will clearly have a lot of utility, especially combo'd with the splashdown.

The Booyah Bomb seems much more limited, especially in turf war, where it takes too much time and it's easy as hell to avoid. I can see it getting use in the competitive meta for Splat Zones and Tower Control though, it will definitely have its uses there. And certainly playing with team coordination will make it far more useful than with randoms in turf.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There's too much armor when doing the boyah bomb, that requires a nerf.

And there's nothing better than charging the splashdown in less than 10 seconds with the brush. That certainly won't last.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a code for some free Splatoon 2 stuff for buying a 12 month sub to Nintendo Online. Didn't know they were doing stuff like that, so that's neat.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying the Kensa Luna, the fizzy as a lite curling bomb with some additional options makes for a great compliment to the Luna's strength. All the new kits feel really good, they're coming together a lot better than I thought they would from seeing their kits. I'm liking the dynamo quite a bit too, it's a way better fit for my playstyle than its other kits

Just got a code for some free Splatoon 2 stuff for buying a 12 month sub to Nintendo Online. Didn't know they were doing stuff like that, so that's neat.
Now you can represent the reigning Splatoon World Champions, GG Boyz, on the streets of Inkopolis

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017

Wow I'm in love with the Kensa Pro. Not sure why I never gave the Splattershot Pro a chance before... probably because vanilla kit is such garbage. But this is absolutely solid. Splat Bombs and Booyah Bomb are perfect complements for its role.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
tfw when you have an european copy but your Switch Online account is US so the code doesn't work (at least it didn't here).

Need to remember to give away future codes or something.

SpitfireKit

Oct 27, 2017
FREE! (I don't play S2)
Thank you for purchasing a 12-month Individual Membership for Nintendo Switch Online. You have qualified to receive an Online Jersey and Online Squidkid V Shoes for your character to wear in the Splatoon 2™ game.

global-spacer.gif

Your download code is below.
B14D5BDX1K8J7RM0

To redeem your code:
1. Select "Nintendo eShop" on the HOME Menu of your Nintendo Switch console.
2. Select the account you want to use.
3. Select "Enter Code" on the left side of the screen.
4. Enter the download code and select "OK" to confirm. Your additional content will begin downloading once the code is confirmed.

CoconutTank

Oct 25, 2017
X, Y, Z
I've developed like a reflex regarding booyah's with the addition of the new special. Always booyah back.
Funny enough, unless you're doing some exotic claw thing, it's actually a trade off since:
1. Hitting booyah normally used the left thumb, taking it off of your left stick for movement.
2. Other players can see when you send your energy for booyah bomb, which reveals your position.

So it's a little less silly than I originally thought. Being able to get special charge for booyahing is cool tho.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For booyah bombs I've started mashing booyah by bringing my right thumb over to press it if I'm in any busy situation. It's not great, but I feel bad if I don't get at least 5 booyahs in. I was watching Nine's stream yesterday and I don't think he booyahed for a single bomb, it was pretty frustrating to watch

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
I'm loving the Booyah Bomb but its armor definitely needs a nerf. Plus, it's too easy to spam it with one Special Charge Up

That's 133% alright. Jeez!

I'm in love with this weapon now. I've never been a fan of splatlings, I tried with the Ballpoint because it felt less restrictive thanks to its ability to recharge itself any time, but the range change when firing disoriented me.
Now the Nautilus... it's like using a charger! You can recharge while firing, hold partial and full charges and THAT speed buff <3<3<3. What's the point of the Ballpoint anymore? :P

Forks

Nov 18, 2017
Well, for starters: the ballpoint has the second longest range of all splatlings and it still has a faster time to kill before it "clicks" than the Nautilus. I think if the Nautilus had a better kit and maybe a firing duration buff (similar to what the Hydra got awhile back) it'll be an okay alternative to the Heavy Splatling. One of the biggest strengths of the splatling class is that it can get cheap kills at range by raining falloff damage at people. The Nautilus can't do that because the range sucks.

I get what they're going with the buff though - they want you to be able to anticipate enemy movement, charge hold some shots and ambush people. Kind of like a more offensive version of partial charging with the Heavy and Hydra splatlings.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played in a while.

When did it get so fucking spammy? It's just blasters and sloshers everywhere.

Good to know the matchmaking is still terrible at balancing rooms. There's always like 2 people on the other side who are fucking Ninjas and never, ever get put on your team.

Also I suck now. Need to learn to aim again. Best way to get back into it?

Last edited:

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well, for starters: the ballpoint has the second longest range of all splatlings and it still has a faster time to kill before it "clicks" than the Nautilus. I think if the Nautilus had a better kit and maybe a firing duration buff (similar to what the Hydra got awhile back) it'll be an okay alternative to the Heavy Splatling. One of the biggest strengths of the splatling class is that it can get cheap kills at range by raining falloff damage at people. The Nautilus can't do that because the range sucks.

I get what they're going with the buff though - they want you to be able to anticipate enemy movement, charge hold some shots and ambush people. Kind of like a more offensive version of partial charging with the Heavy and Hydra splatlings.

This is why I prefer it over others. I really don't mind the range since it forces you to get in the rhythm to charge hold everything.

Baller leaves me desiring something else for the special, but I'm still not sure right now.

Forks

Nov 18, 2017
According to a recent datamine, the Gold Nautilus 47 is supposed to get splat bomb and ink armor. That kit alone just screams aggressive support option, I wonder how well it'll play with the Nautilus though.

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
Wow they actually added a page for Salmon Run to splatnet. Tons of information there like bosses killed, specials used, etc.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ Kiver is a monster in solo queue. Played a couple matches against him and it was not a good look for me.

Putting more time into the buffed nautilus and I think it's the first splatling that I really understand. In the past I've tried to play the mini in the same aggressive way, but it doesn't have the immediate stopping power that the nautilus has now and didn't really fit into my strengths in the game. Plus the point sensor and baller makes for a great kit that makes it a good team player. I'm not sure it needed quite this strong of a buff, but I'm glad it got it.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
People are theorizing that because the atomic number for silver is 47, the Nautilus' alt might be gold and be called the Nautilus 79. Kinda like how the Aerospray/Dynamo have gold and silver varients. Here's the kits for that got datamined awhile back. These are subject to change, of course. https://twitter.com/futon_6662/status/1026067761435295744
Ah yeah, good catch on the atomic numbers for the elements. Thanks!

Splat bomb/armor would be perfect for the variant. I do wonder what weapon(s) will get the big stamp special?

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Wow they actually added a page for Salmon Run to splatnet. Tons of information there like bosses killed, specials used, etc.

They removed the store tab, tho :\
Now it's a little more cumbersome to access it.

I tried again last night and nope, the Ballpoint and Hydra aren't for me at all.
Also, I really enjoy using the locator on Baller and Splashdown people :P

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has a Europe code (from being in a family plan) that they can't use and want to swap it with a US code, let me know.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I have days where the connection seems so bad that I actually kinda wish that, if Nintendo doesn't improve netcode for Splatoon 3, they could just remove Rollers and Brushes altogether and I would be totally okay with that

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I have days where the connection seems so bad that I actually kinda wish that, if Nintendo doesn't improve netcode for Splatoon 3, they could just remove Rollers and Brushes altogether and I would be totally okay with that
What, you don't enjoy being murked by a phantom ink wave from the Dynamo you splatted 20 frames ago?

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Hey can any of you give me some advice?

I downloaded the Octo expansion a while ago but didn't really get round to playing it after the first hour or so. My wee boy loves Splatoon and played it a bunch. I booted it up tonight to finish it off and the old squid dude says I owe him 999999 in debt. Does this actually do anything? I thought about restarting but that doesn't seen to be an option without deleting the whole game save.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hey can any of you give me some advice?

I downloaded the Octo expansion a while ago but didn't really get round to playing it after the first hour or so. My wee boy loves Splatoon and played it a bunch. I booted it up tonight to finish it off and the old squid dude says I owe him 999999 in debt. Does this actually do anything? I thought about restarting but that doesn't seen to be an option without deleting the whole game save.

What will have happened is each time you start a octo expansion level, you have to pay x amount of credits for the attempt. If you run out of credits, someone (pearl?) lends you additional credits to have more attempts, so you can never be blocked from playing, but once you've finished the expansion, you can swap any additional credits you have left over for random items like Drink tickets/Gear chunks/extra cash, but only once you've paid back any "debt" you owe them.

Basically the only negative from there is you won't be able to get some easy drink tickets (the things that give you slightly more gear exp in online battles). Certainly wouldn't recommend deleting your save over that.

What sounds like maxing out the debt counter is kinda impressive though, your little one doesn't give up at least!

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
What will have happened is each time you start a octo expansion level, you have to pay x amount of credits for the attempt. If you run out of credits, someone (pearl?) lends you additional credits to have more attempts, so you can never be blocked from playing, but once you've finished the expansion, you can swap any additional credits you have left over for random items like Drink tickets/Gear chunks/extra cash, but only once you've paid back any "debt" you owe them.

Basically the only negative from there is you won't be able to get some easy drink tickets (the things that give you slightly more gear exp in online battles). Certainly wouldn't recommend deleting your save over that.

What sounds like maxing out the debt counter is kinda impressive though, your little one doesn't give up at least!

Ah that's not too bad then. I googled it and read something about not being able to fight the final boss until it's paid off which was concerning.

Haha yeah he's loves Splatoon. He's actually pretty decent at it. There's not actually that many stages left for me to do lol